MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obama, in support of Planned Parenthood Amaryll Politics 23 04-14-2012 03:06 PM
Is the concept of marriage outdated? Do you plan on getting married? RockerSocker Dating & Relationships 39 06-20-2011 01:08 PM
Obama/McCain VP picks? J-Met Politics 17 05-11-2009 10:20 PM
Why I am happy I voted for Harper, and not Obama. deadpool General Discussion 26 02-16-2009 06:18 PM
Obama giving in to FISA Chad Politics 5 07-20-2008 02:55 PM

Obama publically endorses same sex marriage!

Old 05-09-2012 at 09:06 PM   #16
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

It's really sad that something like this can be considered a "bold move".

In other news, Mitt Romney rocks the boat by stating that he "believes women are people too." Stephen Harper, in what pundits are calling a "game changer", releases a report declaring that marijuana is not as harmful as cigarettes or alcohol. And Joseph Kony, in response to millions of tweets and facebook status updates, admits that "okay yeah, maybe I could've done a few things differently."

Osama, RyanC all say thanks to Twelve Chars for this post.
Old 05-09-2012 at 09:09 PM  
Twelve Chars

didn't anyone ever tell you not to feed the trolls?
Old 05-09-2012 at 09:21 PM  
Thinker

Liked: 2 Times

I am not assuming that legalizing gay marriage will make everyone gay, but it's all about the idea of the matter... how can you be so certain that what is fairly uncommon won't become a norm in the future?. And for your sperm donor argument, look at a situation, if two females marry each other and one of them conceives a child from the sperm of a donor male, will the other female in the relationship love the child in the same way?

I am not against gay marriage, but I like to think of our future generations as well, therefore I don't accept change so easily. Prove me otherwise or I will have my doubts
Old 05-09-2012 at 09:26 PM   #17
eddiemurphy
Account Locked

Liked: 35 Times

lol @ american politics. gay marriage is just another topic to distract americans from REAL topics.

cygnusX1 likes this.
Old 05-09-2012 at 09:29 PM   #18
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 105 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
yea sure, but I don't think name matters. What matters is what you are and not what you feel you are
I feel very sorry for people with your general mentality.

Also, in regard to your comment about the possibility of one of the mothers not loving the child as much, clearly you don't know any lesbian or gay couples with children. It is their child and they love it, just like an adopted or biological child is deeply loved by their parents.

Old 05-09-2012 at 09:38 PM   #19
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Guys, this is a discussion about the legalization about legalization of gay marriage in the States and its impacts, etc. THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION ABOUT WHETHER GAY MARRIAGE IS MORALLY RIGHT. Please stay on topic else this thread is going to be shut down (expected this already -_-)
Old 05-09-2012 at 09:51 PM   #20
MiniDragon

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Guys, this is a discussion about the legalization about legalization of gay marriage in the States and its impacts, etc. THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION ABOUT WHETHER GAY MARRIAGE IS MORALLY RIGHT. Please stay on topic else this thread is going to be shut down (expected this already -_-)
I don't see how you can talk about one without the other. Many people oppose it specifically because it goes against their supposed morals.

Quote:
And why is that everyone here, seems to think that same sex marriage should be legalized?
Because everyone deserves the same rights. Gay people should be able to marry whoever they choose - it doesn't affect you in any way whatsoever, so why be against it?

Gay marriage won't make more people 'decide to be gay.' Its not a decision. You are, or you are not, simple as that.

Old 05-09-2012 at 09:53 PM   #21
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Quote:
yea sure, but I don't think name matters. What matters is what you are and not what you feel you are
>_> obvious sarcasm was obvious

sarahsullz likes this.
Old 05-09-2012 at 10:49 PM   #22
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Oops, misworded last post. Just don't post hatred-related comments.
Old 05-09-2012 at 11:17 PM   #23
yoni

Liked: 87 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinker View Post
I am not assuming that legalizing gay marriage will make everyone gay, but it's all about the idea of the matter... how can you be so certain that what is fairly uncommon won't become a norm in the future?. And for your sperm donor argument, look at a situation, if two females marry each other and one of them conceives a child from the sperm of a donor male, will the other female in the relationship love the child in the same way?

I am not against gay marriage, but I like to think of our future generations as well, therefore I don't accept change so easily. Prove me otherwise or I will have my doubts
How can you be so certain that what is uncommon today won't become a norm in the future even if same-sex marriage stays illegal in many states? You're implying that if it was a norm, that would be a bad thing. I disagree with that fundamentally. You're also implying that unless your child is biologically related to you, you won't love it in the same way. If that were true, then why do people adopt children? The couple would obviously discuss the possibility of a child, their feelings etc before making such an important decision. They could even mix their eggs together and not know whose child it is if they so choose. Anyways, there is always a solution if you just think of it. If people disagreed, they would end their relationship, just like a normal couple if one person wanted children and the other didn't. I really don't think there is a big deal. I think there are more important things to 'think about for future generations' like the environment, the economy...
Old 05-10-2012 at 12:07 AM   #24
Twelve Chars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
lol macinsiders moderation.

"Guys this thread is about apples, not apple cidar or apple juice!!!!"

Here's a protip from me to you: how about, pretend a discussion on this forum is like a discussion in real life. Let conversation flow organically, who the **** cares if the topic changes and moves away from the initial talking points. The OP's feelings are not gonna be hurt.

Commie85071, jim1, L'Étoile like this.
Old 05-10-2012 at 12:33 AM   #25
eddiemurphy
Account Locked

Liked: 35 Times

you are soooooooo gonna get a strike against you
Old 05-10-2012 at 12:56 AM   #26
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

This is the way I see it: If it bothers you, don't do it. How does a man and another man (or woman and another woman) getting married affect you? If you don't like seeing it, simply turn away or don't look. Other than that, I really don't know another way that it would affect you. Love is love, people are people. We are all equal. The fact that there is even a debate around this issue shows how pathetic our "society" is.

jim1 says thanks to J. Dorey for this post.

jamescw1234 likes this.
Old 05-10-2012 at 01:25 AM   #27
Twelve Chars

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemurphy View Post
you are soooooooo gonna get a strike against you
Seven time felon, what I care 'bout a case?
Old 05-10-2012 at 01:36 AM   #28
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:

What you're saying makes no sense.

The act of making something legal requires change by definition. If you're against this particular change then you are indeed against gay marriage.

And lol at naming yourself "thinker"

jamescw1234 says thanks to Eternal Fire for this post.

J. Dorey, jamescw1234 like this.