MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Careers in Health Care e-norman Volunteering Opportunities 4 09-15-2010 06:33 PM
Previous Health Care Experience? AnnaWM Volunteering Opportunities 3 06-12-2010 05:15 PM
Career in Health Care - advice? Allan Volunteering Opportunities 13 12-26-2009 07:49 PM
Obama's Democratic Convention Speech - wow Chad Politics 4 09-09-2008 10:32 AM

Obama's Health Care speech

Old 07-24-2009 at 02:19 AM   #1
fullsmash26
Reporter, Macleans

Liked: 15 Times

Obama's Health Care speech
(Chad: Off-Topicolitics is closed, I can't open the thread there)

Did anyone else watch Obama's speech Wednesday night?

I only caught parts of it, from what I saw, I'm disappointed.

Reading the transcript, the speech writers in the Obama White House are slipping.

Red Pill, Blue Pill? Lots of confusing metaphors and stories, it seemed like he had no plan.

Then, giving a straight answer to the question on Professor Gates. The media has its playbook and Obama wants them to be reading his playbook. Instead of staying on-topic, he allowed himself to go off-topic and the news media to talk about something else.

Overall, major fail.
Old 07-24-2009 at 05:32 AM   #2
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

I missed the speech itself, but from what I've heard, the general consensus is about the same as what you said: "Disappointed" and "major fail"
Old 07-24-2009 at 09:02 AM   #3
Scrub
Original "G"

Liked: 57 Times

I saw a good portion of it and it seemed like Obama kept droning on about issues that had nothing to do with the health care reform he is pushing for. I agree with above statements that the administrations speech writers have been slipping, they used far to many metaphors and "pretty" sounding words that really had no impact on what he spoke of. He's been in office for a good 7 months or so and he has been a utter disappointment. He is a decent public speaker but his politics are not sound. Ever since taking office all I have seen Obama do is spend spend spend, he motto of "if its broke toss some money at it" doesnt seem like sound leadership. Although this heath care reform idea is an intriguing thought, I doubt just throwing money at the system will help provide millions more with vital health care. That's just my mini rant on Obama .
Old 07-24-2009 at 09:20 AM   #4
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Who expects health care reform during a major recession anyways?
Old 07-24-2009 at 08:29 PM   #5
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
He is a decent public speaker but his politics are not sound. Ever since taking office all I have seen Obama do is spend spend spend, he motto of "if its broke toss some money at it" doesnt seem like sound leadership.
I agree with this completely. Not the best attitude to have during a major recession.

I've always thought his health care reform was kinda wacky and uncalled for...seems like a nail in the coffin, in my opinion.