MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-22-2010 at 09:00 AM   #1
Sammcmaster
Staff - McMaster Athletics & Recreation
Faculty: Arts & Science
Year: Second

Liked: 10 Times
Oct 30th Playoff Football Residence Competition
The residence that buys the most Oct 30th Football tickets (highest percentage of students) by Friday, Oct 29th, at 4pm from Compass will win a Saturday night Rez party at 1280 free of charge. When you purchase your tickets from Compass, make sure to tell them what rez you are from to get credit for it. 1280 has donated a Saturday night where everyone from that rez will get in free with no limit of underagers! Get your tickets today from Compass for only 5 bucks.

Also, open to everyone attending the game is a Halloween Costume contest open from 12-1pm. Best Costume wins a limo ride from Hamilton Limousine, a hotel stay at Crowne Plaze and Dinner.

Football Game Starts at 1PM on Saturday Oct 30th and it's the first time we have hosted a playoff game on campus since 2004.

Go Mac Go
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Add negative rating0Add positive rank
Old 10-28-2010 at 03:38 PM   #2
Sport fan
Year: McMaster Employee

Liked: 2 Times
One Day Left
Brandon is in the lead!
Old 10-30-2010 at 10:02 AM   #3
Sport fan

Game time is today at 1. See you there!

Old 10-30-2010 at 10:37 AM   #4
Kathy2
Elite Member
Year: Other

Liked: 529 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammcmaster View Post
Also, open to everyone attending the game is a Halloween Costume contest open from 12-1pm. Best Costume wins a limo ride from Hamilton Limousine, a hotel stay at Crowne Plaze and Dinner.
Where is the costume contest??
All the posters for the game just said "Prize for best costume", it didn't say it was an hour before the game. Where should I go??
Old 10-30-2010 at 06:33 PM   #5
Sport fan

Winners are the Mario Brothers with the princess and the toad!
Old 10-30-2010 at 08:24 PM   #6
Kathy2
Elite Member

How was anyone supposed to know where to go for the costume contest? I asked tons of Maroons and event Staff, no one knew where it was. There was no signs, no announcements. I spent an hour before the game and all of halftime asking around, trying to find out where to go, and no one had any idea. Then out of nowhere the announcer said "Here are the finalists for the costume contest" ....??
Old 11-02-2010 at 11:48 AM   #7
Sport fan

Hi Kathy,
there was a table set up right outside the Ticket booth. I saw your comment right before game time and tried to respond from my Blackberry but for whatever reason it did not post. Sorry you were not able to show off your costume
Old 11-03-2010 at 10:30 AM   #8
Kathy2
Elite Member

When was the table set up? I asked the guy wearing the Maroon shirt, (the guy taking the tickets), 20 minutes before we went in and as we were going in where the costume contest was, and he said they were setting up a table by the G/H stands? :/
Old 11-03-2010 at 11:56 AM   #9
Sammcmaster
Staff - McMaster Athletics & Recreation
Year: Second

Liked: 10 Times
Club night for BRANDON HALL has been postponed until further notice. Keep your eyes and ears open for updates of when the BRANDON HALL residence night will be.
Old 11-03-2010 at 11:58 AM   #10
Sport fan

Hi Kathy,
the table was set up right beside the ticket booth, close to the fence that borders the field. Again sorry you missed out. How can we make it up to you? Let me know!
Old 11-03-2010 at 01:04 PM   #11
Kathy2
Elite Member

Thanks, but that's okay. I just really wanted to win the costume contest :( And I assume there won't be another one of those until next year!

Can alumni come to football games? We worked hard on our costumes, maybe we'll save them and wear them to the costume contest at the football next year (if there is one).

Not a member of MacInsiders? Signup now and gain full access to our student community!
Ask questions, get informed, and get involved!
Closed Thread