MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Textbook grant demelo_b Financial Aid 1 09-15-2010 08:17 PM
textbook grant Leeoku Financial Aid 8 08-29-2010 12:45 AM
Tuition Fees and Possible Tuition Reduction due to Headstart/LEAP MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-10-2010 09:07 PM
Textbook Grant james2255 General Discussion 34 01-30-2009 07:59 PM
osap grant ? mandee08 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-04-2008 07:55 AM

Ontario Tuition Grant is HERE!

Old 01-31-2012 at 08:46 AM   #60
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times
i got the bursaries last night, but i'm still unsure if i'm eligible for the grant...

Old 01-31-2012 at 11:49 AM   #61
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times
Uh oh I still haven't gotten mine starting to worry cause I have friends who already got it too :(

Old 01-31-2012 at 01:42 PM   #62
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times
so if i got ontario access grant through osap
do i not get any tuition grant?

Old 01-31-2012 at 01:51 PM   #64
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
oh ... just checked my easyweb and the grant was deposited ... grant and bursary all in one day.. feels like christmas all over again
how long ago did you apply for the grant? im asking cause i applied for it 3 weeks ago and was wondering how long it took for it to get processed?

Old 01-31-2012 at 01:52 PM   #65
Malka

Liked: 10 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
oh ... just checked my easyweb and the grant was deposited ... grant and bursary all in one day.. feels like christmas all over again
Just a question where did your grant came on mugsi or bank account? I haven't gotten mine yet so just curious I dont even know yet if I get the grant or not so just wanted to ask.
P.S checked my bank account and there was a credit of 25$ only and in the description box it says 2011 student bonus so just wanted to ask out of curiosity i dont even know why i got 25$ in my account that cannot be the grant.

Old 01-31-2012 at 02:27 PM   #66
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times
Well if you got some form of ontario access grant (and a few other types of grants I believe) they'll reduce the amount of the ontario tuition grant by the amount of your other grant so maybe the leftover was $25 but I'm not 100% sure on this.

Old 01-31-2012 at 02:46 PM   #67
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubz View Post
how long ago did you apply for the grant? im asking cause i applied for it 3 weeks ago and was wondering how long it took for it to get processed?
i didnt apply... im on osap so they automatically review your details and give you the amount you should get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Just a question where did your grant came on mugsi or bank account? I haven't gotten mine yet so just curious I dont even know yet if I get the grant or not so just wanted to ask.
P.S checked my bank account and there was a credit of 25$ only and in the description box it says 2011 student bonus so just wanted to ask out of curiosity i dont even know why i got 25$ in my account that cannot be the grant.
grant = bank account
bursary= mugsi

that 25 was probably it... if you get the access grant they reduce the rebate grant by that amount and give you the remainder

Old 01-31-2012 at 03:02 PM   #68
--HP--

Liked: 53 Times
yayyyyy! Got mine too! It's dated Jan 31st, 2012 in my Bank account. I am talking about the Ontario Tuition Grant of $800. The bursaries however will be deposited/sent via cheque depending on your option in OSAP application.

So happppppy! woohooo!

Old 01-31-2012 at 04:20 PM   #69
MSU VPEd

Liked: 0 Times
Hi everyone!

Just a heads-up, the MSU has put together a small survey to find out who gets the grant, who doesn't and why. Fill out the survey and tell us your story so we can work to hopefully expand grant eligibility for those of you who don't get the money. Personal stories are great when we sit down with politicians and try to enact change.

https://msumcmaster.ca/msu/governmen...antstories.htm

Old 02-02-2012 at 04:34 PM   #70
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times
I just received the grant today, by mail. I forgot I didn't give OSAP my banking information. Awesome, now I can pay off the rest of my tuition.

Old 02-02-2012 at 04:46 PM   #71
demelo_b

Liked: 14 Times
Hi everyone,

I called the hotline today, and many of the applications for McMaster students are still being processed. The reason they gave me was because the university has to individually go through each, and confirm that we are enrolled in the program we listed in. Stupid I know, but most likely on it's way (by the way, i'm on osap so didn't have to apply seperately)

Old 02-02-2012 at 05:19 PM   #72
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times
Got mine a couple days ago. For those getting it, check your bank account/mail everyday to see if you got it. (Check throughout the day for bank account because it could be deposited at anytime from your banks official business hours)

Old 02-02-2012 at 06:45 PM   #73
ArfuzeToLose

Liked: 1 Time
I didn't get mine yet and I applied so long ago :@

Old 02-02-2012 at 06:58 PM   #74
epikness

Liked: 37 Times
I just got $130 from P.ONT.MSP...is this my tuition grant?? what happened to $800?

Last edited by epikness : 02-02-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search