MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Course trouble... Phillykae Academics 1 06-15-2010 12:09 PM
ELM Trouble All Over Again mike_302 Academics 14 01-08-2010 01:52 PM
BIG TRoUBLE! HELP ME GUYS~`~ nikJ Academics 10 10-07-2009 08:57 AM
shakespeer trouble hinesme General Discussion 7 09-14-2009 11:50 AM
OSCAR trouble? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-11-2009 12:09 AM

OSAP log-in trouble.

Old 05-23-2010 at 01:37 PM   #1
danallan

Liked: 27 Times

OSAP log-in trouble.
so either there is a problem here, or i'm a total idiot:

i never kept track of my OSAP OAN number becuase i found it easier to remember my SIN number. the SIN option is gone now, and i have no clue what my OAN is.

for some reason, the security question answers i need to put in are incorrect (and i know there are only 2 possible answers, as they are first kiss & middle name) so i'm very confused.

is my OAN on any of OSAP documentation that I can check next time I go home? Or, who can I talk to about resetting those questions, etc?

I've even played around with capitalizations, etc. so unless I forgot my middle name while filling out the form the first time, there is an error?

Hope you can help, thanks!
Old 05-23-2010 at 01:43 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by danallan View Post
so either there is a problem here, or i'm a total idiot:

i never kept track of my OSAP OAN number becuase i found it easier to remember my SIN number. the SIN option is gone now, and i have no clue what my OAN is.

for some reason, the security question answers i need to put in are incorrect (and i know there are only 2 possible answers, as they are first kiss & middle name) so i'm very confused.

is my OAN on any of OSAP documentation that I can check next time I go home? Or, who can I talk to about resetting those questions, etc?

I've even played around with capitalizations, etc. so unless I forgot my middle name while filling out the form the first time, there is an error?

Hope you can help, thanks!
No, you won't find you OAN anywhere if you haven't written it down. Have you tried this: https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPSecurityW...ieve_oan.xhtml
Old 05-23-2010 at 01:46 PM   #3
danallan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
No, you won't find you OAN anywhere if you haven't written it down. Have you tried this: https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPSecurityW...ieve_oan.xhtml
yes, following that process requires me to answer my security questions...to which it does not accept my answers.

i guess i'll have to contact someone.

i can't find an email on the website, am i going to have call?
Old 05-23-2010 at 02:00 PM   #4
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
yes, following that process requires me to answer my security questions...to which it does not accept my answers.

i guess i'll have to contact someone.

i can't find an email on the website, am i going to have call?
Did your answers have spaces in them? Mine did, with the old format and now my answers are no longer working. Yay.

I think calling is our best bet.

danallan says thanks to Lois for this post.
Old 05-23-2010 at 02:03 PM   #5
danallan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Did your answers have spaces in them? Mine did, with the old format and now my answers are no longer working. Yay.

I think calling is our best bet.
I think you've figured it out. My answers probably did have spaces in them (at least for one of them).

I've looked at the options on the site, and unless they can help us on the phone we're going to have to go into an office (with the un-user friendly hours of 830-4 on weekdays). no way i'm taking a day off for that!

hopefully the phone will be our saviour.
Old 05-24-2010 at 12:13 PM   #6
danallan

any idea if tomorrow i should call the osap head office or the mac financial aid office?
Old 05-24-2010 at 12:39 PM   #7
Lois
Elite Member

Quote:
any idea if tomorrow i should call the osap head office or the mac financial aid office?
I'd say OSAP because they're the ones that switched the secret password format.
Old 05-24-2010 at 01:19 PM   #8
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

you can call your high school for your ont. education number...Check your old report cards/ any old education-related documents

danallan says thanks to manu for this post.
Old 05-24-2010 at 06:22 PM   #9
danallan

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
you can call your high school for your ont. education number...Check your old report cards/ any old education-related documents
is it the same number??
Old 05-24-2010 at 10:40 PM   #10
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Ugh! I can't log in either because of this change. So annoying! I'm not working until later this week, is there someone at Mac I can talk to?
Old 05-25-2010 at 04:59 AM   #11
danallan

i emailed mac financial aid (i'll let you guys know if i get a response)

if i don't hear from them by tomorrow i'm going to call them and the osap head office on my lunch wednesday to figure it out.

i can answer my secret questions over the phone if need be. this is so annoying.
Old 05-25-2010 at 10:32 AM   #12
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
It's definitely the Mac financial aid office, but you can also go to any other financial aid office of any postsecondary institution that allows OSAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
Uhhh..actually your OEN is NOT the same as your OAN. Your OSAP access number (OAN) is specifically used only for OSAP.

And because of how ingenious OSAP is (note sarcasm), I'm pretty sure you can't get your password reset in any other way than by going in person to a financial aid office. But please let us know, danallan, when you find out by calling/emailing them!
Old 05-25-2010 at 06:34 PM   #13
danallan

https://osap.gov.on.ca/prodconsum/gr...cont003357.pdf

we need to fill out this form and mail it in ASAP and they will mail us our OAN...so we can then begin filling out our OSAP applications.
Old 05-25-2010 at 06:39 PM   #14
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:

we need to fill out this form and mail it in ASAP and they will mail us our OAN...so we can then begin filling out our OSAP applications.
Seriously? Okay, let's just hope OSAP doesn't give us stupid problems next year... that's all I can be optimistic about.
Old 05-25-2010 at 06:58 PM   #15
Lois
Elite Member

Quote:

Sweet, apparently we only need to get the principal or vice principal of a secondary (high) school to fill out this information. No busing all the way to Mac/UofT/Ryerson. Yay!