MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions.. Silver Residence & Housing 5 05-28-2011 12:35 PM
OSAP and Flex OSAP Plan HELP! knguyens2 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 09:40 AM
Questions!!! Pinakin First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 01-11-2010 12:55 AM
Questions Daman K First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 09-07-2009 12:21 AM
OSAP questions shleyaa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 70 07-29-2009 09:57 PM

OSAP questions

Old 07-15-2011 at 02:32 PM   #1
GB123

Liked: 2 Times

OSAP questions
I applied to OSAP and chose the OSAP flex plan on my payment agreement and I'm kind of confused on how this works. Does this mean, that I pay 60% minus a deduction in September and then the 40% in January? Also, where/how do I pick up my OSAP, and where/how do I pay fees when they are due?
Old 07-15-2011 at 02:40 PM   #2
dreamer21

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB123 View Post
I applied to OSAP and chose the OSAP flex plan on my payment agreement and I'm kind of confused on how this works. Does this mean, that I pay 60% minus a deduction in September and then the 40% in January? Also, where/how do I pick up my OSAP, and where/how do I pay fees when they are due?
With the OSAP flex plan you have to pay at least 60% of your total fees in September, but you can pay more than that if you want to, it will reduce the interest you accumulate by January. Then you have until January 15th to pay the balance left on your account. The pick up for OSAP takes place in MUSC (Student Center), when you sign your agreement when you pick up your funding they can deduct the amount you need to pay to the school and have it go directly to them.

GB123 says thanks to dreamer21 for this post.
Old 07-15-2011 at 02:48 PM   #3
GB123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer21 View Post
With the OSAP flex plan you have to pay at least 60% of your total fees in September, but you can pay more than that if you want to, it will reduce the interest you accumulate by January. Then you have until January 15th to pay the balance left on your account. The pick up for OSAP takes place in MUSC (Student Center), when you sign your agreement when you pick up your funding they can deduct the amount you need to pay to the school and have it go directly to them.

So where it says "FLEX OSAP PLAN - INITIAL PAYMENT" that's the minimum amount I have to pay?

Also, if I understand you correctly, when my payment is due, I go to the MUSC to pick up my OSAP and then pay? Where in the MUSC do I go?
Old 07-15-2011 at 03:10 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
So where it says "FLEX OSAP PLAN - INITIAL PAYMENT" that's the minimum amount I have to pay?

Also, if I understand you correctly, when my payment is due, I go to the MUSC to pick up my OSAP and then pay? Where in the MUSC do I go?
Just follow the payment dates and amounts but know that you can pay more to avoid interest. OSAP will be picked up later in September, the amount you have to pay should already have the OSAP deduction (unless you haven't gotten your estimate/entitlement yet).

GB123 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 07-15-2011 at 03:14 PM   #5
dreamer21

Quote:

Yes the initial payment refers to the minimum you need to pay in September. You can go to MUSC as soon as OSAP release begins to pick it up, here's a link with more info about when and where you need to go http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/osap.html?tab=2

Hope that helps!

GB123 says thanks to dreamer21 for this post.
Old 07-15-2011 at 03:17 PM   #6
GB123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer21 View Post
Yes the initial payment refers to the minimum you need to pay in September. You can go to MUSC as soon as OSAP release begins to pick it up, here's a link with more info about when and where you need to go http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/osap.html?tab=2

Hope that helps!

Thanks! That cleared things up for me. The same for everyone else who responded.
Old 07-15-2011 at 03:35 PM   #7
dreamer21

Quote:
Thanks! That cleared things up for me. The same for everyone else who responded.
You're welcome!

GB123 likes this.
Old 07-15-2011 at 04:05 PM   #8
mac-lover

Liked: 15 Times

Also an osap related question, how or when do we complete the confirmation of income form? Also once it gives you the funding summary, does that mean that your osap was approved?
Old 07-15-2011 at 10:45 PM   #9
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac-lover View Post
Also an osap related question, how or when do we complete the confirmation of income form? Also once it gives you the funding summary, does that mean that your osap was approved?
The confirmation of income I believe is completed by a government revenue agency. They want to make sure you're not making more money than you said you are going to. Or something like that.

I believe the PA said to check by August 15th for your exact entitlement, as of now you should have an estimate. So I'd say at this point its pretty much an approval but not officially. Not too sure on this though.

If anything, you shouldn't have any problems. So nothing to worry about! It will all become clear as time goes by.

GB123 says thanks to particle for this post.