MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about full time part time and summer school Loko First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 02-12-2013 04:54 PM
full time or part time? deedeexo General Discussion 5 05-04-2012 05:58 PM
Going from full-time to part-time student? Timeless Financial Aid 1 02-22-2012 10:30 PM
Switching from Full Time to Part Time Chris094 Academics 2 01-19-2011 09:22 PM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM

part time job

Old 09-25-2013 at 06:11 PM   #1
matt1025

Liked: 2 Times

part time job
Can anyone tell me how to find a part time job in Hamilton? I dont care what that job is, as long as I can get a job. Very appreciate!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2013 at 06:52 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

You can try looking on OSCAR
Old 09-26-2013 at 07:33 AM   #3
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 63 Times

If you are so unmotivated that you dont even know how to look for a job, I for one would not want to be hiring you.
How do I find a job in Hamilton... well job searches in Hamilton are completely different than job searches in every other city in ontario. First you need to find a chicken suit, lots of feathers. And 2 gallons of prune juice. Let me know when you have those things and then i will inform you about phase 2

britb, Kudos, mc_kumar, RyanC like this.
Old 09-26-2013 at 08:45 AM   #4
lsparrow1

Liked: 10 Times

Are you looking for a job on or off campus? If you want a job on campus you have to search/apply through OscarPlus. I'm not sure about the availability of jobs at this moment, but you could try. In terms of finding something off campus, you can look on OscarPlus too, but also have a look around local shops and stores and see if places are hiring. You could try looking online too. There's no real secret to finding a part time job in Hamilton you just have to look and be persistent!
Old 09-26-2013 at 09:27 AM   #5
kitty1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 26 Times

that was a little mean but funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
If you are so unmotivated that you dont even know how to look for a job, I for one would not want to be hiring you.
How do I find a job in Hamilton... well job searches in Hamilton are completely different than job searches in every other city in ontario. First you need to find a chicken suit, lots of feathers. And 2 gallons of prune juice. Let me know when you have those things and then i will inform you about phase 2
Old 09-26-2013 at 09:31 AM   #6
kitty1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 26 Times

just go around with your resume and ask if they're hiring! go to jackson square and lime ridge mall! make sure to dress representable and drop off your resume at as many places as you can it will increase the probability of you getting a call back! ask to see the manager and talk to them and make a good impression ! if you're looking for on-campus jobs then like everyone said, oscarplus is your friend! good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1025 View Post
Can anyone tell me how to find a part time job in Hamilton? I dont care what that job is, as long as I can get a job. Very appreciate!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2013 at 11:19 AM   #7
BenDover
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty1 View Post
that was a little mean but funny
lol im sorry but if you are a manager at an establishment, and checked on an applicants social medias and found out that they didnt know how to go about applying for a job, wouldnt that set of an alarm for you?
To me it means one of two things, either the OP's mommy and daddy paid for them throughout their secondary school careers so that they wouldnt have to work, or the OP really has the resourcefulness of a sloth
Oh and the OP probs shouldnt say "very appreciate" at an interview
Old 09-26-2013 at 03:55 PM   #8
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

A&W near jackson square is/was hiring last week, 28lister has been hiring for the last 4 months (opening soon), there are a few miscellaneous resturants here and there that are continually hiring but don't post that they're doing so...

Some things to consider getting or do: smart serve / servsafe, criminal check, put your resume into a few temp agencies around Hamilton or wherever you live while going to school, volunteer if you don't have any job experience, practice your interview technique with friends or through career services at Mac and touch up your resume... again and again...

anonanon987 likes this.
Old 10-06-2013 at 03:10 PM   #9
RyanC
Elite Member

The telus store at 807 main st w has a 'help wanted sign on their window.

anonanon987 likes this.
Old 10-14-2013 at 04:16 PM   #10
RyanC
Elite Member

McMaster Sports (across from hospital by subway) has a 'hiring sales staff' sign posted.
Old 10-14-2013 at 04:48 PM   #11
gggggg

Liked: 53 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
McMaster Sports (across from hospital by subway) has a 'hiring sales staff' sign posted.
Subway is also hiring lol

Entropy, RyanC like this.
Old 10-15-2013 at 09:56 AM   #12
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Try looking into McMaster Hospitality- http://hospitality.mcmaster. ca/emp...mployment.html
Old 10-15-2013 at 05:23 PM   #13
mc_kumar

Liked: 13 Times

Honestly, he's not mean at all.

A lot of people ask stupid questions about how to find a job and there in their damn 20's. It's annoying.
Old 10-15-2013 at 09:48 PM   #14
PhilM

Liked: 148 Times

What's wrong with asking how to look for a job? The journey has to start somewhere...

anonanon987, Yogurt like this.
Old 10-16-2013 at 07:57 AM   #15
BenDover
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
What's wrong with asking how to look for a job? The journey has to start somewhere...
If i were a potential employer, i would not be too interested in hiring someone who didnt have the resourcefulness to figure out how to find job postings for themselves. In my opinion it just shows a hint of laziness on the OP's part