MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cell phone number change cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 08-14-2010 11:53 AM
Internet, Home phone, tv and cell phone bill **jewel 03** General Discussion 15 10-15-2009 07:29 PM
Hamilton vs Oakville number VoyozooT General Discussion 42 09-30-2009 09:33 PM
question about getting oakville number VoyozooT General Discussion 33 08-28-2009 11:41 PM
Getting to McMaster from Oakville khaotic First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-23-2008 12:44 AM

phone number Hamilton or Oakville

Old 09-03-2010 at 09:56 PM   #16
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
ahhhhhhh!!! this is so gay I don't know which number to get
It isn't gay. Cell phone numbers don't have a sexual orientation
Old 09-03-2010 at 09:56 PM   #17
ali11

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
ahhhhhhh!!! this is so gay I don't know which number to get
my personal recommendation?

Get an oakville number, so that your family/friends from the GTA can call you without a cost.
But, get this oakville number with Wind. I don't mean to hijack this thread with another praise-Wind post, so I won't get into the details other than that you should refer to my post on the second page of the Wind Mobile thread

This solves all your problems - people can call you easily, and you can call them even easily-er? lol.

hope that helps man.
Old 09-03-2010 at 10:00 PM   #18
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali11 View Post
my personal recommendation?

Get an oakville number, so that your family/friends from the GTA can call you without a cost.
But, get this oakville number with Wind. I don't mean to hijack this thread with another praise-Wind post, so I won't get into the details other than that you should refer to my post on the second page of the Wind Mobile thread

This solves all your problems - people can call you easily, and you can call them even easily-er? lol.

hope that helps man.
I'm on a contract with bell for 2 more years so can't switch
I wanna get wind but I cant

EDIT: and why the F is bell charging me $20 just to switch my number
I hate this soooo MUCH!!!

Last edited by cjdzl : 09-03-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-03-2010 at 11:03 PM   #19
DarthFuzzy

Quote:

lol bro same situation as u! what i did was get an additional 100min of LD frum Bell, but idk howl that'll wurk out
Old 09-03-2010 at 11:06 PM   #20
ali11

Quote:

oh man.. i definitely feel sorry for you dude. i wish I could be of more help there.

If anybody here knows whether bell has a booth on campus during the sidewalk sale, then maybe talking to one of those reps will help inform yo of better bell options? I would hope their reps on that day will be a lot more informative and helpful..
Old 09-03-2010 at 11:24 PM   #21
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

im not sure if toronto works but it works with mississauga for sure. i just got an oakvill enumber

@switching numbers, it SHOULD be free, all providers do it free else customers rage. Verdict, quit bell
Old 09-03-2010 at 11:46 PM   #22
nikita92

Liked: 4 Times

I just got my oakvile number today because I'm in Mississauga and I had a Toronto number.
I'm with rogers and I made it a point to call rogers to ask and both times that I called the people said calling toronto hamilton oakville or mississauga is considered local. I even got my friends to call me today who all have toronto numbers to ask whether they got a recording at the beginning of the call saying that they would be charged long distance rates and they said no. The only thing is that they are all on rogers but my dad is with bell and when he called my phone it said "long distance charges will apply" sooo I think it might have to do with the company and what their local areas are... but for the most part I think an Oakville number would be better. Especially if you're like me and don't know if you're gonna be on rez next year or not.
Old 09-04-2010 at 08:41 AM   #23
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

I just got the oakville number
I don't care if it works or not
I'm done with this nonsense
Old 09-04-2010 at 11:04 AM   #24
div_17

Liked: 0 Times

Yeah the oakville-hamilton thing is weird.. I suggest you get a hamilton number if you're staying in hamilton. I think the only way its local to both hamilton and mississauga is when you're in Oakville and that happens for like 15 mins in the GO bus...
Old 09-04-2010 at 11:35 AM   #25
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
I just got the oakville number
I don't care if it works or not
I'm done with this nonsense
lol
Old 09-04-2010 at 10:33 PM   #26
Resh

Liked: 1 Time

From my experience with an oakville number, it works great with Rogers but not so well with Bell. Something to do with their different lines. With Rogers, if you have an oakville number, you are local to Hamilton (both calling and receiving) when in Hamilton and local to Mississauga/Toronto when in those regions. Try to get a 905 334 ---- or a similar regional code as I know that works for most people.
Old 09-04-2010 at 10:40 PM   #27
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resh View Post
From my experience with an oakville number, it works great with Rogers but not so well with Bell. Something to do with their different lines. With Rogers, if you have an oakville number, you are local to Hamilton (both calling and receiving) when in Hamilton and local to Mississauga/Toronto when in those regions. Try to get a 905 334 ---- or a similar regional code as I know that works for most people.
telus works too.

905-xxx-xxxx should work, not 289-xxx-xxxx.