MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help for Comp Sci Midterm!! a.singh92 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 10-20-2010 12:06 AM
1st midterm test Juve General Discussion 4 10-10-2010 02:35 PM
How to get a midterm deffered lawleypop Academics 4 06-07-2010 04:36 PM
funeral and midterm maccmann Academics 3 03-18-2010 08:51 AM
Midterm conflict hamza123 Academics 7 09-26-2009 10:06 PM

Phy 1L03 Midterm

Old 02-19-2010 at 01:40 PM   #1
pat2010

Liked: 0 Times

Phy 1L03 Midterm
So I have a Phy 1L03 midterm on Thursday. I had a couple questions based on people who've taken this course's past experiences:

1) Did the mideterm include include questions about the biology topics covered in the lecture notes as well (i.e. vestibular organ as acceleration detection, sacromeres and model of muscle contraction, etc.).

2) Are the questions mostly based on lecture notes/ iclickers done in class? Or are they more similar to tutorial questions? Or a mix of both?

3) What was the difficulty level of the questions asked? If I am able to do all the tutorial problems, is that a good measure of how hard the questions will be?

4) From what I've heard the textbook is pretty useless for this course in terms of testable material. So are none of the receommended textbook readings or questions going to be tested?

And if you have any other advice about the midterm, let me know. Thanks!
Old 02-19-2010 at 01:51 PM   #2
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

if nejat is still the prof then i suggest doing all tutorial questions, he may ask questions regarding the biology related topics. Make sure you know the theory around forces. who applies force on what etc.

pat2010 says thanks to healthsci1 for this post.
Old 02-19-2010 at 03:50 PM   #3
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

I haven't taken this course before, but a lot of my peers in software engineering have. I remember them saying the midterm was super easy (i.e. 'Draw a free body diagram of a falling elevator').

They were only complaining after the exam, which apparently had a whole wack of questions on the inner ear and other biological stuff (that was the part they were complaining about).

So I suppose that means the midterm will be more focused on the physics stuff than biology stuff.

I hope that helps!

pat2010 says thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.
Old 02-19-2010 at 08:09 PM   #4
sweetrachel

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
I haven't taken this course before, but a lot of my peers in software engineering have. I remember them saying the midterm was super easy (i.e. 'Draw a free body diagram of a falling elevator').

They were only complaining after the exam, which apparently had a whole wack of questions on the inner ear and other biological stuff (that was the part they were complaining about).

So I suppose that means the midterm will be more focused on the physics stuff than biology stuff.

I hope that helps!
Well, the midterm is only 15 multiple choice questions, so I don't know how he's going to ask us to draw anything...

pat2010 says thanks to sweetrachel for this post.
Old 02-19-2010 at 08:46 PM   #5
healthsci1
Elite Member

he will have a paragraph describing the conditions and have predrawn answers

pat2010 says thanks to healthsci1 for this post.
Old 02-20-2010 at 01:39 PM   #6
demelo_b

Liked: 14 Times

i guarantee there will be a question on significant figures, unit conversion, theres a question where they give you dimensions of a city and you have to figure out how many raindrops would fall given a rate (i forget what thats called but its an estimation type of question)

know torque, and a few details about the biology of lucy (the chimpanzee)

and know your free body diagrams well (ie where the centre of mass would)

im telling you all this because im almost positive he keeps the midterms the same, since he doesnt give them back what so ever (few ppl who had it before me and then i took it mentioned the same questions)

pat2010 says thanks to demelo_b for this post.
Old 02-24-2010 at 09:15 PM   #7
pat2010

Liked: 0 Times

I've heard from alot of people that the questions are often more conceptual rather than calculation based. What did the people who've taken it in the past (who had Nejat) find?
Old 02-24-2010 at 10:45 PM   #8
healthsci1
Elite Member

on the mid term i believe they were evenly distributed or close too, the exam on the other hand was primarily conceptual.