MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Picking up osap release doppelganger First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 09-03-2010 07:52 PM
Picking your last course BigT905 Academics 2 07-31-2010 01:40 PM
Picking Your Major sinthusized Academics 2 10-25-2008 07:40 PM
Picking up OSAP Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 08-30-2008 03:32 PM

Picking Up OSAP?

Picking Up OSAP?

If you are, here's some information you might need to consider before going into campus to pick it up. For more information on the dates of when to pick up your OSAP and what you need to bring, click here. All OSAP pick-up will occur at Convocation Hall (University Hall, Room 213).

1) Verify your OSAP funding has been issued by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities…
a) Log on to your OSAP application at http://osap.gov.on.ca
b) Click on ‘Total Funding Issued’ to view the date your funding was issued for 2009-2010.

Loans are printed by the Ministry and couriered to McMaster only once per week.

Confirm that your funding is onsite at McMaster using the following dates:
  • Loans issued by August 16th are ready for pick up on or after August 24th
  • Loans issued by August 23rd are ready for pick up on or after August 31st
  • Loans issued by August 30th are ready for pick up on or after September 8th
  • Loans issued by September 6th are ready for pick up on or after September 14th
If you do not have funding issued, use ‘Check Status’ on the OSAP website to determine what is needed to complete your file. The 'Funding Summary’ section allows you to view the amount OSAP you are entitled to receive.

2) Verify that you are fully registered using MUGSI…
a) Select 'Program & Course Summary'.
b) FULLY REGISTERED should indicate YES!
If you are not fully registered, take action to complete your course selections and payment agreement.

For more information, visit http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/ or call 905-521-9140 x 24319
Published by
Elite Member

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-31-2009 at 08:57 AM   #2
reeves
Jedi IRL
Program: Classics
Year: Second
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 557 Times
I do not see anything about program and course summary (from 2a) in MUGSI. what did I do wrong? :|
Old 08-31-2009 at 11:02 AM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Honours Molecular Biology and Genetics
Year: Alumni
Residence: Edwards 08-09, SOCS 09-12

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
I do not see anything about program and course summary (from 2a) in MUGSI. what did I do wrong? :|
Do you mean you aren't fully registered or you can't find the link "program and course summary"?
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 08-31-2009 at 11:02 AM   #4
feonateresa
Elite Member
Program: Cognitive Science of Language
Year: Fourth

Liked: 196 Times
Quote:
I believe you have to go to Academics in MUGSI, and you'll see Program & Course Summary on the right panel.

Old 08-31-2009 at 11:13 AM   #5
reeves
Jedi IRL
Program: Classics

Liked: 557 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Do you mean you aren't fully registered or you can't find the link "program and course summary"?
Cant find the link. And of course now that I have directions to it, MUGSI is full haha
Old 08-31-2009 at 11:17 AM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Cant find the link. And of course now that I have directions to it, MUGSI is full haha
Lol, if you've already received your confirmation letter with your MacID and sticker, then you are already registered.

To be fully registered: Program selected, courses selected, payment agreement confirmed.

reeves says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-31-2009 at 03:20 PM   #7
shleyaa
Program: Nursing

Liked: 8 Times
"All OSAP pick-up will occur at Convocation Hall (University Hall, Room 213). "

On the SFAS website, it says that:

"Tuesday, September 1st -- Tuesday September 15th, pick-up continues in the McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC), Room 314 weekdays from 9:00am to 4:00pm for all students."

So not all OSAP pick-up will occur in Convocation Hall

Saleha says thanks to shleyaa for this post.
Old 09-01-2009 at 02:51 PM   #8
kumara
Program: Honor Biology (Physiology Specialization)

Liked: 7 Times
I'm so confused now!!!! First of all, i just got my osap issued , and it said DATE FUNDING ISSUED : August 30th, 2009 and awhile ago i got an email from mcmaster,

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Loans issued by August 30th are ready for pick up on or after September 8th [/font] [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Loans issued by September 6th are ready for pick up on or after September 14th [/font][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']
[/font]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/font]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']So i can go and pick up my osap after sept 8th or after sept 14th? Also they said i have to fill in the confirmation of enrolment form ..... what what i understand is that i have to pick up my osap after sept 8th and while doing that i have to fill in the form with the person there? Am i correct??
[/font]
Old 09-01-2009 at 02:54 PM   #9
saukalra
Elite Member
Program: Health Sciences
Year: Fourth
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 18 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumara View Post
I'm so confused now!!!! First of all, i just got my osap issued , and it said DATE FUNDING ISSUED : August 30th, 2009 and awhile ago i got an email from mcmaster,

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Loans issued by August 30th are ready for pick up on or after September 8th [/font] [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Loans issued by September 6th are ready for pick up on or after September 14th [/font][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']
[/font]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']So i can go and pick up my osap after sept 8th or after sept 14th? Also they said i have to fill in the confirmation of enrolment form ..... what what i understand is that i have to pick up my osap after sept 8th and while doing that i have to fill in the form with the person there? Am i correct??
[/font]
I beleive you can pick up osap on or after september 8. And yes, You will complete the Confirmation or enrolment form in person when you are there.
Old 09-02-2009 at 12:06 PM   #10
leah630
Program: Nursing
Year: Third

Liked: 1 Time
Question, is there any penalty for not picking up OSAP if it has been issued? I don't need it anymore but it's been issued.
Old 09-02-2009 at 12:14 PM   #11
Geek
Account Disabled by User
Program: Engineering Physics & Society, minor in Philosophy
Year: Fifth
Residence: Moulton Hall 07-08, Les Prince Hall 08-09, SOCS

Liked: 98 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah630 View Post
Question, is there any penalty for not picking up OSAP if it has been issued? I don't need it anymore but it's been issued.
The money isn't actually released into your bank account/to the university until you pick up your documents. That's how they know you're still in school.
Old 09-02-2009 at 02:15 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah630 View Post
You might as well pick it up, it's interest free money until you graduate. So you can just keep it in a high interest savings account. Might as well make a couple hundred dollars off of it (depending on how much OSAP you are receiving and what interest rate you are given).

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search