MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 units of first year engineering electives kevcom First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-01-2010 11:56 PM
Attention all Engineering Students adrian General Discussion 24 03-08-2010 08:56 PM
Engineering Students mudathto First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 69 08-28-2009 10:46 AM
Spare 3 units - Mechanical Engineering and Management khaotic Academics 3 06-10-2009 12:49 PM

Is it possible to take 33 units (for non-engineering students) ever?

Old 04-26-2010 at 11:11 PM   #1
shreya s.

Liked: 0 Times

Is it possible to take 33 units (for non-engineering students) ever?
I was wondering if it is possible to make Mcmater let you take 11 courses in a year?
(I want to do that because thats the only way i could avoid summer school next summer and still have all the requirements for the various grad schools i am intersted in)
Old 04-26-2010 at 11:40 PM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

You need a 7.0 cgpa to overload. Other than that, I don't think there's any other requirements.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 04-26-2010 at 11:44 PM   #3
shreya s.

hmm.. thats great.
do i need to talk to someone to make it happen though...
cuz solar does not let me take more than 10 courses per year.
Old 04-26-2010 at 11:52 PM   #4
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

hmm... maybe you could start off with trying to speak to Kathy McIntosh (since you're in bio)... she's been really helpful for me when I ran into course overload issues (though mine was b/c I was co-op)! And many of my other issues through my undergrad... lol
Old 04-27-2010 at 12:04 AM   #5
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreya s. View Post
hmm.. thats great.
do i need to talk to someone to make it happen though...
cuz solar does not let me take more than 10 courses per year.
email [email protected] for this. I emailed them and they alter your limit for you. also if you are in your final year, you can overload as well.
Old 04-27-2010 at 12:07 AM   #6
shreya s.

that's awesome
no more summer school!
thanks guys
Old 04-27-2010 at 12:07 AM   #7
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
email [email protected] for this. I emailed them and they alter your limit for you. also if you are in your final year, you can overload as well.
I am thinking of overloading next year as well. Does the Faculty of science simply increase your limit once they receive your email or do you have to go in and speak to someone?
Old 04-27-2010 at 12:11 AM   #8
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
I am thinking of overloading next year as well. Does the Faculty of science simply increase your limit once they receive your email or do you have to go in and speak to someone?
They just increased my limit on solar and sent me a reply that they did so. Just give them your student number and your full name.
Old 04-27-2010 at 09:03 AM   #9
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I knew us engineers took more courses than other faculties but..... you have to APPLY for 11 or more!? That's crazy talk! The first year eng this year was 11 courses, one of which spread 2 terms so you could call it 12 courses. AND I'm doing civil and society next year: Supposedly that's 40 credits!

Woooow.