MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
single bed guarantee zeiarra Residence & Housing 6 06-02-2011 10:05 PM
Question to people in Health Sci (All levels) CAHopeful General Discussion 9 03-14-2011 11:17 AM
Single rooms Mich123 Wallingford Hall Forum 12 05-09-2010 09:36 PM
Single v. Single with Washroom. etoilex3 Residence & Housing 17 02-09-2010 11:02 AM

Question For All The Single People

Old 12-07-2011 at 10:55 AM   #1
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Liked: 90 Times

Question For All The Single People
How do you feel knowing that you're alone during the holidays, the most magical time of the year? Does it depress you seeing all the happy couples holding hands, and in love, while you're all alone in the bitter cold? Must suck.
Old 12-07-2011
TroubleStorm
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 12-07-2011 at 11:12 AM  
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

eccentrikkk, jajas, Katy like this.
Old 12-07-2011 at 11:20 AM   #2
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

this is the douchiest comment I have ever seen on the internet

Old 12-07-2011 at 11:22 AM   #3
BJSchleifer
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 45 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerSocker View Post
How do you feel knowing that you're alone during the holidays, the most magical time of the year? Does it depress you seeing all the happy couples holding hands, and in love, while you're all alone in the bitter cold? Must suck.
I may be single, but I'm going on a cruise ship out of Florida with my parents. I'd rather spend the holidays alone with my parents in a tropical paradise than in the bitter cold with a girlfriend or boyfriend.

Old 12-07-2011
I r Babboon
Old 12-07-2011 at 12:31 PM   #4
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Wow. I wasn't feeling alone and sad til this thread. THANKS. Not.

Biochem47, I r Babboon all say thanks to lizziepizzie for this post.
Old 12-07-2011 at 12:34 PM   #5
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

How do i feel being single during the holidays?

Rich. Don't have to spend a sh** ton of money on gifts.

Old 12-07-2011 at 12:40 PM   #6
alexithymia
I smell chips.

Liked: 47 Times

Yeah...1) Saying 'Must suck.' is pretty douchey. It's not like you've been in a romantic relationship your whole life.
2) Happy couples during the holidays? good for them. Why would I get depressed from that when I have lots of family to spend the holidays with. I'm not 'alone in the bitter cold.'
3) I would rather spend holidays with my family. Even if I had a SO, I would probably make them come to our family dinners and also go to theirs. Either way, FAMILY is more important. SO's come and go, but family is forever.

Old 12-07-2011 at 12:42 PM   #7
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Also, RockerSocker, I notice that your relationship status on your profile says single.
Old 12-07-2011
optical
Old 12-07-2011 at 12:50 PM   #8
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSchleifer View Post
Don't be sad lizziepizzie! I've never even been in a relationship, and I'm happy! Well, I will be happy after I finish exams. Just remember that you're an amazing person, and if nobody realizes how truly perfect you are, it's their loss.
And remember: the fact you're capable of being alone means your life is truly amazing! If you lived in Saudi Arabia, you probably have been married off to some guy you didn't know when you were twelve, and now you'd be one of several wives, a mother of multiple kids, constantly hidden by a Burqa, and you'd be property, not a person. The fact you're single means you have the right to choose your own partner, and the mere fact you have that choice make your life better than the lives of billions throughout history.
Wow. Thanks for the insight, Brandon! You just made me feel a hundred times better. Sooo... wanna date?

icecubz, ikantsepll like this.
Old 12-07-2011 at 12:53 PM   #9
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

How does it suck when I can do whatever I want with MY time when I am on holiday? I don't have to give any explanation why I want to go out with friends on new years or have to run from family dinner to another. This way I only have to attend one family dinner and the rest of the time is mine.

And as britb said: "Sounds like a girl finally took pity on you. Congrats."
Old 12-07-2011 at 01:08 PM   #10
BJSchleifer
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 45 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Wow. Thanks for the insight, Brandon! You just made me feel a hundred times better. Sooo... wanna date?
I'm busy with exams right now, but I'll send you a private message with my phone number.

Cliu91, terrafirma all say thanks to BJSchleifer for this post.