MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
single bed guarantee zeiarra Residence & Housing 6 06-02-2011 10:05 PM
Question to people in Health Sci (All levels) CAHopeful General Discussion 9 03-14-2011 11:17 AM
Single rooms Mich123 Wallingford Hall Forum 12 05-09-2010 09:36 PM
Single v. Single with Washroom. etoilex3 Residence & Housing 17 02-09-2010 11:02 AM

Question For All The Single People

Old 12-07-2011 at 01:27 PM   #16
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Wow. I wasn't feeling alone and sad til this thread. THANKS. Not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSchleifer View Post
Don't be sad lizziepizzie! I've never even been in a relationship, and I'm happy! Well, I will be happy after I finish exams. Just remember that you're an amazing person, and if nobody realizes how truly perfect you are, it's their loss.
And remember: the fact you're capable of being alone means your life is truly amazing! If you lived in Saudi Arabia, you probably have been married off to some guy you didn't know when you were twelve, and now you'd be one of several wives, a mother of multiple kids, constantly hidden by a Burqa, and you'd be property, not a person. The fact you're single means you have the right to choose your own partner, and the mere fact you have that choice make your life better than the lives of billions throughout history.
Quote:
Wow. Thanks for the insight, Brandon! You just made me feel a hundred times better. Sooo... wanna date?
Yay get married!

ikantsepll likes this.
Old 12-07-2011
Twelve Chars
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 12-07-2011
anonanon987
Old 12-07-2011 at 02:58 PM   #17
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerSocker View Post
How do you feel knowing that you're alone during the holidays, the most magical time of the year? Does it depress you seeing all the happy couples holding hands, and in love, while you're all alone in the bitter cold? Must suck.
I take comfort in the fact that I have plenty of fun as a single guy in university. This will obviously depend on how you like to live your single life, searching for a girlfriend or searching for fun. But I don't even think about that stuff during the break, I get to see all my high school friends again for a week or two and live it up.

Old 12-07-2011
RockerSocker
Old 12-07-2011 at 03:10 PM   #18
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Liked: 90 Times

Quote:
Wow. I wasn't feeling alone and sad til this thread. THANKS. Not.
You're welcome for bringing you and many others back to reality and understanding the gravity of the situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
How do i feel being single during the holidays?

Rich. Don't have to spend a sh** ton of money on gifts.
By not being single, you'd only have to spend money on 1 gift for your gf/bf, so like 50 to 100 bucks? That makes you and all the other people who liked your post feel rich? Sounds like you're poorly rationalizing being single.

Quote:
Also, RockerSocker, I notice that your relationship status on your profile says single.
Haven't updated it, will do later.
Old 12-07-2011 at 03:16 PM   #19
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

... I cried a little.

Desda likes this.
Old 12-07-2011 at 03:20 PM   #20
BJSchleifer
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 45 Times

Quote:
You're welcome for bringing you and many others back to reality and understanding the gravity of the situation.
What gravity of the situation. It's not like you're saying "You're going to your friend's wedding. Now that all your friends are married, how does it feel being single?" or "Happy 40th birthday! How's it feel to have never been married?" The gravity of the situation is that the Earth will make its closets approach to the sun, just like every year, the winter solstice will occur, just like every year, and many people will be single. Why make such a big deal about this when we don't give as much attention to being in a relationship during the summer solstice, or either equinox? I mean, it's not even like it's Valentines day, and even then, what if you're single? It's just 1/365.25 days! Big deal!
Guess what happens if you're single on Christmas. I'll tell you: pretty much nothing. It's not like you're going to care if you kiss someone under the mistletoe or during a summer night. There's no correlation between the importance of a relationship and the date!
Old 12-07-2011 at 03:30 PM   #21
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Liked: 90 Times

Quote:
What gravity of the situation. It's not like you're saying "You're going to your friend's wedding. Now that all your friends are married, how does it feel being single?" or "Happy 40th birthday! How's it feel to have never been married?" The gravity of the situation is that the Earth will make its closets approach to the sun, just like every year, the winter solstice will occur, just like every year, and many people will be single. Why make such a big deal about this when we don't give as much attention to being in a relationship during the summer solstice, or either equinox? I mean, it's not even like it's Valentines day, and even then, what if you're single? It's just 1/365.25 days! Big deal!
Guess what happens if you're single on Christmas. I'll tell you: pretty much nothing. It's not like you're going to care if you kiss someone under the mistletoe or during a summer night. There's no correlation between the importance of a relationship and the date!
You say that, but at the end of the day, people associate Christmas (the entire winter, even) and Valentines as days which are amplified in enjoyment if you have a significant other to share them with. This is shown by the majority of posts in this thread, where users either are extremely bitter and try to rationalize them being single or agree and realize just how depressing it is to be single during this time of the year.
Old 12-07-2011 at 03:31 PM   #22
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

<sarcasm>

Yeah I'm going to sleep on the couch because my bed reminds me how lonely I am.

</sarcasm>

Just kidding, I'm seeing someone.

Last edited by ZSimon : 12-07-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Afzal, Desda, icecubz, ikantsepll like this.
Old 12-07-2011 at 03:39 PM   #23
KYLB0T

Liked: 130 Times

Quote:
Don't be sad lizziepizzie! I've never even been in a relationship, and I'm happy! Well, I will be happy after I finish exams. Just remember that you're an amazing person, and if nobody realizes how truly perfect you are, it's their loss.
And remember: the fact you're capable of being alone means your life is truly amazing! If you lived in Saudi Arabia, you probably have been married off to some guy you didn't know when you were twelve, and now you'd be one of several wives, a mother of multiple kids, constantly hidden by a Burqa, and you'd be property, not a person. The fact you're single means you have the right to choose your own partner, and the mere fact you have that choice make your life better than the lives of billions throughout history.
Quote:
Wow. Thanks for the insight, Brandon! You just made me feel a hundred times better. Sooo... wanna date?
You saw it here folks...

White Knighting

IT WORKS

Old 12-07-2011 at 03:43 PM   #24
BJSchleifer
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 45 Times

Quote:
You say that, but at the end of the day, people associate Christmas (the entire winter, even) and Valentines as days which are amplified in enjoyment if you have a significant other to share them with. This is shown by the majority of posts in this thread, where users either are extremely bitter and try to rationalize them being single or agree and realize just how depressing it is to be single during this time of the year.
The only reason for this is that people make it a big deal for themselves. I understand how people got the idea that Valentines day is important for couples, but I don't have any idea how the solstice holidays became associated with relationships. There's no real reason that people should care about relationships more now than a month ago, but for some reason, they do, and because they do, they hate being alone this time of year. I've never associated this time of year with relationships - and my first ever kiss was late December. As for Valentines Day, I honestly care more about the candy than anything else. The rest of Valentines Day is about people decorating everything with shapes resembling a woman's butt while she bends over.
The only possible reason I could see for people associating these times of year with relationships is that mating season is in spring, and you'd want to have a mate for reproduction; but even that isn't really valid because anthropologists are pretty sure that human's don't have a mating season.
If you feel upset that you're alone on Christmas, ask yourself this question: "Why should I care more about being alone today than about being alone on September 8?" (You can substitute September 8 with any date on the calendar, including February 29).
Old 12-07-2011 at 03:52 PM   #25
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buszaj View Post
. But I don't even think about that stuff during the break, I get to see all my high school friends again for a week or two and live it up.
This.
I have a boyfriend, but Christmas usually means I ignore him for two weeks to spend time with family and friends I don't normally get to see, and to have some stress free partying.

Old 12-07-2011 at 03:53 PM   #26
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLB0T View Post
You saw it here folks...

White Knighting

IT WORKS
lol, why don't you say what everyones thinking, you sorta already went there
Old 12-07-2011 at 04:44 PM   #27
Leeoku