MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moving on to level 2 eng? soody First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 12-23-2010 06:19 PM
Question about moving up a level Levix Academics 2 05-17-2010 02:05 PM
Engineering Level II Question VastHorizon Academics 2 04-29-2010 10:10 AM
Questions About Engineering: Course Failure and Moving to Level 2 leech3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 04-04-2009 12:22 PM
Question about moving level 2 engineer and course drop... hellrise First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 02-25-2009 02:11 PM

question about moving up a level in engineering

Old 04-30-2011 at 05:50 PM   #1
anymourss

Liked: 0 Times

question about moving up a level in engineering
Hi, so right now im in the first year engineering right now ( still waiting for the marks which will decide my 2nd year). ok, here is the question i want to ask, if i failed just one 2nd term course and get the average for certain 2nd year program. will i be able to move onto 2nd year without taking a summer school for the failed course? i know that it could be the course that i hav to take in order to take some courses in 2nd year. but i just want to know if it is possible for me to move onto 2nd year without taking it in a summer school if i hav the high enough average for certain 2nd year program. I don't think that i can take a summer school for that failed course. So, i'm just wondering if it is possible to move onto 2nd year without taking it in a summer school.
NEED ADVICES THNX
Old 04-30-2011 at 05:52 PM   #2
Icecream
Account Locked

Liked: 42 Times

If you failed an elective, Maybe.

If you failed a required course, than definitely NOT.
Old 04-30-2011 at 06:03 PM   #3
W. Steinitz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 4 Times

you should try to email an academic adviser, maybe they'll temporally put you in another program, but this is not the end of your university career, people fail courses all the time
Old 04-30-2011 at 06:33 PM   #4
Zimonada

Liked: 34 Times

If it's an elective, they'll put the condition that it needs to be completed before graduation to be eligible for graduation.

If it's a required course, they'll put the condition that it needs to be completed before the end of the summer.
Old 04-30-2011 at 06:54 PM   #5
Ish001

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by anymourss View Post
Hi, so right now im in the first year engineering right now ( still waiting for the marks which will decide my 2nd year). ok, here is the question i want to ask, if i failed just one 2nd term course and get the average for certain 2nd year program. will i be able to move onto 2nd year without taking a summer school for the failed course? i know that it could be the course that i hav to take in order to take some courses in 2nd year. but i just want to know if it is possible for me to move onto 2nd year without taking it in a summer school if i hav the high enough average for certain 2nd year program. I don't think that i can take a summer school for that failed course. So, i'm just wondering if it is possible to move onto 2nd year without taking it in a summer school.
NEED ADVICES THNX
I'd email Sally but as far as I know (and as the other people explained), the 31 REQUIRED Eng core credits must be completed before moving on to second year(they will hold a position for you in the field you got into and upon successful completion of the course, Sally will give you the go-ahead for second year).

Hope that helps and good luck out there.
-Ish
Old 05-01-2011 at 02:15 AM   #6
anymourss

Liked: 0 Times

another question
ok thnx for the replies.
So, basically, if i failed the required course for 1st year, then i hav to complete the course before the summer in order to move onto 2nd year engineering right?
So, it is not possible to move onto 2nd year engineering program, missing one required course units. is this right?
Then here is another question, i heard that if you failed eng1d04, you still can move onto 2nd year engineering as long as you have the average for certain 2nd year program, but you still need to hav that course done before you complete the school. this is what i heard from my friends, is this possible?
if i fail to take the required course which i failed in a summer school, will i be not able to move onto 2nd year program? even if i hav the average for the 2nd year program?
Old 05-01-2011 at 02:20 AM   #7
Icecream
Account Locked

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
ok thnx for the replies.
So, basically, if i failed the required course for 1st year, then i hav to complete the course before the summer in order to move onto 2nd year engineering right?
So, it is not possible to move onto 2nd year engineering program, missing one required course units. is this right?
Then here is another question, i heard that if you failed eng1d04, you still can move onto 2nd year engineering as long as you have the average for certain 2nd year program, but you still need to hav that course done before you complete the school. this is what i heard from my friends, is this possible?
if i fail to take the required course which i failed in a summer school, will i be not able to move onto 2nd year program? even if i hav the average for the 2nd year program?
Yes you have to completed the required course during spring/summer or no second year program.

If you fail 1D04 : take it in summer or no second year.

You need 31 credits or maybe a very good excuse or you don't get into second year.
Old 05-01-2011 at 09:10 AM   #8
AmyLia

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
NEED ADVICES THNX

You should definitely check with Sally Williams but as I remember, if you have the average necessary for the 2nd year program, you don't have to take that failed course during summer school. You can take it next year or whenever as long as it's not a prerequisite to a course you need next year. Sometimes you can even get away with taking the failed course and whatever course requires it as a prereq concurrently.