MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IS there ANY incentive to get HIGHER THAN 90? rcmp1234 Academics 22 10-14-2010 09:43 PM
First Year Info Event for Engineers Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 03-24-2010 12:02 AM
Anyone in 2nd or higher years of Social Work? Ansa Academics 3 02-11-2010 12:48 PM
Second Yr Engineers, how was Physics last year? kenvin100 Academics 11 11-27-2008 08:52 PM

A Question For Second Year Engineers and Higher

Old 01-14-2010 at 07:20 PM   #16
GregZ

Liked: 4 Times

No you don't get a second degree per say. You get your one degree of engineering and management, which is known by a lot of companies. Yes you can enter commerce in your third year, but you will enter commerce two with a couple commerce 1 courses. You can specialize in accounting AFTER you are done your engineering degree. You just don't have the time to take all those classes for the accounting degree, unless you do constant summer school
Old 01-14-2010 at 07:37 PM   #17
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Most things were low for my year (last year).

I know things like BioChem require usually a 6-7 but a friend got in with a 4.5. I know alot of people who got ~4 and got into what they want.. except mech/civil/mgmt

A 7 or 8 is good enough for any stream really. Chem was like a 4 btw for us
Old 01-14-2010 at 09:41 PM   #18
kirchhoff

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
So do you actually get another degree? What if you change your mind in, say, second year, can you enter commerce 3rd year? And one last question, can you specialize in accounting (like going for a Chartered Accountant designation)?

Thanks in advance for answering my question(s)!
Sorry I wasn't very clear. The amount of courses you take is somewhere between a minor and a double major. You only get one degree, albeit a long winded one.
Old 01-14-2010 at 09:49 PM   #19
funkdmonkey

Liked: 27 Times

Once you finished Engineering and Management you can take an accelerated program and get an MBA in just one year. If you take this route, you'll have your degree in Engineering (Whatever) and Management, plus an MBA. It looks fantastic on your resume and you'll end up having a very impressive skill set along with a unique and valuable perspective in both the Engineering or Business world.