MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick Question... fall3n First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-04-2010 12:06 PM
Quick Question.. staceykinz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 06-30-2010 12:36 PM
quick question jamiebenyovi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-12-2010 09:51 PM
Quick Question Gil76 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 05-01-2010 08:53 PM
Quick question LBJ.MVP Academics 8 06-28-2009 09:19 PM

Quick question about classes and their rooms

Old 09-08-2010 at 11:36 AM   #1
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Quick question about classes and their rooms
Hi!

First-year student here.

I have a question about some classes and their corresponding rooms.

Since I am a first year student, I probably won't understand why, but some classes are located in buildings which, to my understanding, have nothing to do with said courses.

For example, I have English class in the Health Sciences Centre (complex?) and Film & Theatre in the Burke Sciences Building.

Is this for real, or is MUGSI just screwing with me? I really want to know if it's normal for classes to be in buildings that don't really sound like they are the right ones.

Thanks in advance,
~Ammi S.
Old 09-08-2010 at 11:38 AM   #2
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
Hi!

First-year student here.

I have a question about some classes and their corresponding rooms.

Since I am a first year student, I probably won't understand why, but some classes are located in buildings which, to my understanding, have nothing to do with said courses.

For example, I have English class in the Health Sciences Centre (complex?) and Film & Theatre in the Burke Sciences Building.

Is this for real, or is MUGSI just screwing with me? I really want to know if it's normal for classes to be in buildings that don't really sound like they are the right ones.

Thanks in advance,
~Ammi S.
Perfectly normal. Mainly because first year courses are so big, they just have the classes wherever the biggest lecture halls are. So its all good.
Old 09-08-2010 at 11:43 AM   #3
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Oh, I see. Thank you very much. Much appreciated!
Old 09-08-2010 at 11:47 AM   #4
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
Oh, I see. Thank you very much. Much appreciated!
Np mate. Btw, Best lecture hall IMO MDCL 1305. You probly will have that in atleast 1 of your classes. Try sitting in the 5th or 6th row from the front. It has the MOST leg room EVER.

That btw, was a pro-tip

justinsftw says thanks to xxsumz for this post.
Old 09-08-2010 at 11:57 AM   #5
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Will do! Thanks again!
Old 09-09-2010 at 09:39 AM   #6
MeganB214

Liked: 1 Time

In DSB, my room is listed as "AB102". Is this a basement class? Im not sure what the AB means
Old 09-09-2010 at 09:41 AM   #7
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Np mate. Btw, Best lecture hall IMO MDCL 1305. You probly will have that in atleast 1 of your classes. Try sitting in the 5th or 6th row from the front. It has the MOST leg room EVER.

That btw, was a pro-tip
Completely agree with you.

MDCL is, singlehandedly, the best building on campus. I get so excited when I get to write an exam in MDCL.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-09-2010 at 04:05 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganB214 View Post
In DSB, my room is listed as "AB102". Is this a basement class? Im not sure what the AB means
AB usually means Annex Building. Atleast it does for other buildings...