MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Talking to the Dean of a Department? crazybobman Academics 1 08-14-2011 07:14 PM
talking in lecture - what do you say? jackiemac Academics 30 09-21-2010 06:46 PM
rant but not really manap3000 Volunteering Opportunities 33 08-24-2010 07:44 PM
Library Etiquette: Rant creen General Discussion 53 12-12-2009 11:27 AM
Rant. lawleypop General Discussion 28 10-20-2009 05:45 PM

Rant about students talking

Old 10-28-2011 at 12:42 PM   #61
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

AnimeGamer31, Desda like this.
Old 11-01-2011 at 06:16 PM   #62
AnimeGamer31

Liked: 27 Times

Wow. I love how my little rant on people talking in class turned into topics relating to equality. Man, I love internet. The user who posted the picture with the penguin about complaining on the internet, well, I could only get these responses with so much thought and energy on the net. If I complained in real life, I don't think I would get such a rich set of responses. But seriously, ppl should shut up when a lecture is going on.

I also like how ppl misread what I wrote. I said that I hated ppl who wasted their times on games/facebook during lectures, I did not say they distracted me. It's interesting how I see this happening while I just learned how false memories are implanted in Psychology.

I understand that there is no perfect solution. I did not ask for one. I merely wanted to tell ppl. Tell ppl who were also bothered and annoyed and share it. I know I could easily sit in the front or just tell them to shut up. I just wanted to tell the world how I am dazzled as to how stupid ppl could get for talking in class about irrelevant topics.

For now, I just do the "shhh!" or I would give them a nasty glare.

It's good to know I am not the only one annoyed to hell for paying thousands of dollars to sit in class only to have it wasted by immature students talking in class.

I now have a good idea of people who might talk look like in my class so I try to avoid them. But, well I dunno, it never ceases to amaze me how they waste their time to go to class only to talk to their friends.
Old 11-01-2011 at 06:20 PM   #63
AnimeGamer31

Oh, just wanted to add, I hate people who talk in libraries too. I just go to the Health Sci Library cafeteria to study or the IAHS building. The thing with these places is that when you study, you hear mumbles of noises so it doesn't distract you as much. Well, that's what I have been doing lately. But some libraries are quiet for places designated for that so going there might be better. I know there are those places in Health Sci library and IAHS.
Old 11-01-2011 at 08:36 PM   #64
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeGamer31 View Post
Oh, just wanted to add, I hate people who talk in libraries too. I just go to the Health Sci Library cafeteria to study or the IAHS building. The thing with these places is that when you study, you hear mumbles of noises so it doesn't distract you as much. Well, that's what I have been doing lately. But some libraries are quiet for places designated for that so going there might be better. I know there are those places in Health Sci library and IAHS.

this ^
I was on the 6th floor of Mills today studying for a midterm in the silent study area. 3 guys come up and start laughing and talking to each other while on facebook. Apparently they dont understand what silent means.

AnimeGamer31 likes this.
Old 11-01-2011 at 10:16 PM   #65
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeGamer31 View Post
I can put up with certain levels of talking and general "fooling around" in lecture, but the library... Don't even get me started.
Old 11-01-2011 at 11:04 PM   #66
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

This happens all the time in 1PA0.. So sick of it because the lectures are really damn interesting.

AnimeGamer31 likes this.
Old 11-02-2011 at 01:00 AM   #67
Mohit
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 25 Times

if the person is within 1 arms length of you can always tap the on the shoulder and ask him/her to speak a bit more softly and that your trying to listen and you can't hear....people tend to respond well to that

or you can:
http://cheezburger.com/View/5384798720
Old 11-02-2011 at 01:01 AM   #68
Mohit
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 25 Times

***Nvm***** /12char
Old 11-02-2011 at 01:07 AM   #69
Scarecrow
Dr. Crane

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSM View Post
this ^
I was on the 6th floor of Mills today studying for a midterm in the silent study area. 3 guys come up and start laughing and talking to each other while on facebook. Apparently they dont understand what silent means.
Oh my god, you made it through to Narnia?

Those bastards.
Old 11-02-2011 at 09:04 AM   #70
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

You know, i thought everyone in this thread was over-reacting to people talking in lecture halls until i had a couple chicks gossip on their blackberries for an entire class right behind me. (Which i guess makes sense that i wouldn't see girls in engineering courses until like 2 months in because, y'know, it's engineering)

*CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK CLICK*
"HAHAHAHAHAHA"
"READ THIS."
<together> "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
*CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK *
*CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK *
"HAHAHAHAH"

AnimeGamer31, Faer like this.
Old 11-02-2011 at 06:17 PM   #71
AnimeGamer31

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
You know, i thought everyone in this thread was over-reacting to people talking in lecture halls until i had a couple chicks gossip on their blackberries for an entire class right behind me. (Which i guess makes sense that i wouldn't see girls in engineering courses until like 2 months in because, y'know, it's engineering)

"HAHAHAHAHAHA"
"READ THIS."
<together> "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
*CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK *
*CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK *
"HAHAHAHAH"
Yeah, it really hits you when it happens. What's worse is that sometimes, if you do tell them to shut up, they just keep going. It's a sad thing, but I noticed that most of the ppl who talk are girls. It's very sad because I'm a girl too and I feel the girls that talk in lectures make us girls look like that talking is all we are good at. There are guys that talk too but I don't see them talk as much as girls.

Can't believe the only few girls in engineering are on their phones, very, very sad.
Old 11-02-2011 at 06:18 PM   #72
AnimeGamer31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSM View Post
this ^
Wow, that sucks. People just never understand that the library is a place for studying, not socializing. I think that never ceases to amaze me.