MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
failed courses and your CA jarjar Academics 7 06-12-2010 09:14 PM
Failed Courses gabriela.05 Academics 4 06-02-2010 07:53 PM
Failed Course Banshee Academics 14 04-19-2010 05:58 PM
commerce failed courses Alexx8 Academics 11 01-01-2009 09:27 AM
Repetition of Courses: Students may repeat courses that have been failed or for which Arnold Academics 2 12-07-2008 04:39 AM

regarding failed courses...

Old 12-10-2009 at 02:28 PM   #1
BinMonitored

Liked: 9 Times

regarding failed courses...
just got a quick question, say I epic failed phys1d/chem1e, and non of these courses r prerequisite for software engineering (embedding system) [at least I couldn't find one 2nd year course that is required ..?]
can I just leave as it? not really planning pass it during the summer, because I have enough credits without these 2 courses.

btw, anyone have any idea on GPA for software embedded? cuz I have read few threads about it and some saying it requires pretty high GPA, and some saying it's pretty low in demand...
Old 12-10-2009 at 02:36 PM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

If you fail courses that are not prerequisites for your program, you're not required to re-do them, but they will bring down your GPA. Check the Undergraduate Calender here http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALENDAR/current/ ... and look for Software Engineering's requirements.
Old 12-10-2009 at 03:03 PM   #3
BinMonitored

nvm ... .... "Admission to Level II Engineering programs requires completion of all non-elective Engineering I courses with a minimum Cumulative Average (CA) of 4.0. "

...thanks for help.

still, just curious... what's the GPA required for embedding system..?
Old 12-10-2009 at 03:38 PM   #4
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinMonitored View Post
nvm ... .... "Admission to Level II Engineering programs requires completion of all non-elective Engineering I courses with a minimum Cumulative Average (CA) of 4.0. "

...thanks for help.

still, just curious... what's the GPA required for embedding system..?
The program is "embedded systems", not embedding.

Anyway, the GPA to get into that is probably the lowest in all of engineering since so few people actually go to it. I think maybe 9 or 10 people from last year went into it.

So on that note, you probably need a 4 or 5 cumulative average.

Also, don't think physics will just go away. You take some pretty serious electrical courses that have to do with waves and stuff in that program.
Old 12-10-2009 at 05:20 PM   #5
EngLufLuf

Liked: Liked 2 Times

ya I heard that you take pretty complicated stuff about electric circuits and stuff like that so unless you like these things, these courses will be a pain. just try to work harder on the physics courses. good luck
Old 12-10-2009 at 06:11 PM   #6
Paigela

Liked: 0 Times

Hello, I am a first year Life Sci, I was wondering what I should do if I fail Chem1A03, and if there is some sort of recovery if one ends with a 48-49-49.2. lol, because I may be on this brink.
I believe it is pre req. for chem1AA3, if so, there is no chem 1a03 going next term and would have to take it in the summer... thus still lacking chem 1aa3.....
any solutions? input"?
Old 12-10-2009 at 06:29 PM   #7
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

There isn't some sort of recovery thing, if you fail you fail. You'll have to take both Chem 1A03 and 1AA3 during the summer, if you still want to do both of them. (Chem 1A03 is offered for the first two months, Chem 1AA3 for the second 2 months).
Old 12-10-2009 at 06:44 PM   #8
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

could anyone tell me what i need to get into electrical + management....damn u chem...u just ruined my future
Old 12-10-2009 at 07:11 PM   #9
zoyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmasud View Post
could anyone tell me what i need to get into electrical + management....damn u chem...u just ruined my future
Management tends to be high. In my year, I believe it was a 7 or so. There's a different avg for mgmt and one for elec. So if you fail to get into mgmt you just get the elec instead. Don't worry...just work hard! a lot of people end up switching programs after 2nd year too, so not the end of the world.
Old 12-10-2009 at 08:26 PM   #10
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyy View Post
Management tends to be high. In my year, I believe it was a 7 or so. There's a different avg for mgmt and one for elec. So if you fail to get into mgmt you just get the elec instead. Don't worry...just work hard! a lot of people end up switching programs after 2nd year too, so not the end of the world.
Wait...we only need a 7 to get into managment??? Sweet!!
Old 12-10-2009 at 09:17 PM   #11
BinMonitored

wow, so many replys. thanks for da replys
well, if nobody like that, I'd certainly go for it... since I never get bored on sitting infront of computer typing in codes...

I wish nobody would bother fight that position with me this year lol...
Old 12-10-2009 at 09:25 PM   #12
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmasud View Post
Wait...we only need a 7 to get into managment??? Sweet!!
You only "need" a 7 to get into management, but from people I know, the lowest GPA I have heard of in MGMT was with a 7.4. Could be higher, could be lower. Aiming for just a 7ish does NOT guarantee you MGMT.
Old 12-10-2009 at 09:51 PM   #13
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
You only "need" a 7 to get into management, but from people I know, the lowest GPA I have heard of in MGMT was with a 7.4. Could be higher, could be lower. Aiming for just a 7ish does NOT guarantee you MGMT.
BlakeM is right. Also just remember that the GPA changes from year to year based on demand like many have said above. The best advice is to just do your best! If all else fails and you don't get into the program of your choice its not the end of the world you can still transfer but it'll take a little bit more effort. Good luck!
Old 12-11-2009 at 01:25 AM   #14
EngLufLuf

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinMonitored View Post
I wish nobody would bother fight that position with me this year lol...
Well, I AM fighting with you for that position .... but with game design not embedded systems ..... I hope we both get what we want