Quick question about GPA nikki12 Academics 3 10-27-2010 07:26 PM
Reinstated! - Question about credits Reno V Academics 3 08-01-2010 07:30 AM

Reinstated this year; question regarding GPA

Old 06-11-2015 at 06:11 PM   #1
aw07

Liked: 24 Times

Reinstated this year; question regarding GPA
Hi everyone!

I was reinstated this year. I know your GPA is reset at Mac. I am wondering if that reset GPA is taken into consideration when applying to other schools, like for ex grad programs, or do other schools do their own GPA calculation (meaning they would take into considering my failed courses, depending on their policy)É

Any help is appreciated!
Old 06-11-2015 at 09:50 PM   #2
kobe_mamba

Liked: 1 Time

Most grad schools calculate their own GPA by looking at your final two years of undergrad. Therefore, your marks will count, if they had been in your final two years. Hope that helps.
Old 07-18-2015 at 01:22 AM   #3
abdelrahman

Liked: 0 Times

last two years meaning third and forth year ?!
Old 07-18-2015 at 12:24 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdelrahman View Post
Meaning your last two years. If you do five years, then it's fourth and fifth. If you're applying after three years (unlikely for grad school but possibly for professional schools) it would be second and third years. Of course, each school and program is different and they don't all just look at your last two years, especially for professional schools.

If you have questions about whether your grades prior to reinstatement will be included, you should contact the programs directly. Also take a look at what your Mac transcript will look like after reinstatement and see if the previous courses/grades are even on there.
Old 08-14-2015 at 04:03 AM   #5
BinMonitored

Liked: 9 Times

having a reinstated record does have a negative impact on your graduate school application. GPA is reseted but it means norhing, your failed courses still recorded and will be presented to the graduate program admission office.
But you are not done, do your best to prove yourself when you get back. As long as you have profs whom willing to defend you when applying to the graduate school, you still have chance.

That speaks of my experience.
Old 08-14-2015 at 09:38 AM   #6
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdelrahman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Meaning your last two years. If you do five years, then it's fourth and fifth. If you're applying after three years (unlikely for grad school but possibly for professional schools) it would be second and third years. Of course, each school and program is different and they don't all just look at your last two years, especially for professional schools.

If you have questions about whether your grades prior to reinstatement will be included, you should contact the programs directly. Also take a look at what your Mac transcript will look like after reinstatement and see if the previous courses/grades are even on there.
Haha the fact you had to break it down that far for the OP made me chuckle, thanks Starfish!