MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My reinstatement Letter..please read lifesciman1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 05-04-2012 08:28 PM
Reinstatement Letter hellomac Academics 3 06-15-2011 12:07 AM
humanities reinstatement Letter noniss2 Academics 5 07-06-2010 03:07 PM
Reinstatement Letter Review njd123 Academics 2 06-25-2010 10:57 AM
reinstatement letter ali999 Academics 2 06-04-2009 10:26 AM

Reinstatement letter please read

Old 05-25-2012 at 01:44 PM   #31
Lulie

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemurphy View Post
I don't think your family's financial situation has much to do with not studying or doing the coursework. Personally, I hope they don't reinstate until the year after when your more mature to put the work in.
Your family's financial situation has a lot to do with studying. Well.... only if you're aware of it, and if you don't know how to deal well with stress. Like me and unfortunately, like lots of people in the world.

Having your parents lose their job is a stressful period of time. My mom lost her job earlier this year and she was very sad while my dad went moderately crazy trying to find her a job ASAP (without letting her grieve....). My dad's job situation has been 'precarious' for the last 3 years too.

Anyways, dealing with them/acting as a peaceful intermediate has been stressful and distracting. I heard about the situation when I called them and when I went back home. They tense up. They tense you up. It's an unhappy time.
Old 05-25-2012 at 02:11 PM   #32
nathanb

Liked: 0 Times

I handed in my reinstatement letter and I forgot to mention something is there a way I can add it, what I want to add is if I do not get reinstated in engineering if i can get reinstated into b-tech or science
Old 05-25-2012 at 02:49 PM   #33
Incognitus

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanb View Post
I handed in my reinstatement letter and I forgot to mention something is there a way I can add it, what I want to add is if I do not get reinstated in engineering if i can get reinstated into b-tech or science
I don't think you can...but they should contact you regarding alternate possibilities if you're unsuccessful for reinstatement to engineering. You shouldn't have to tell them what you're interested, instead you'll be able to choose from the list they provide.
Old 05-26-2012 at 01:25 PM   #34
islytt

Liked: 5 Times

You do not have to take on year off if your application gets approved.
Old 05-26-2012 at 09:38 PM   #35
nathanb

would financial troubles and a family death be good enough to reinstate me back in ? even if i dropped 2 courses, one form first term and one from second ?
Old 05-26-2012 at 10:28 PM   #36
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
would financial troubles and a family death be good enough to reinstate me back in ? even if i dropped 2 courses, one form first term and one from second ?
Nobody here can answer that.
Old 06-03-2012 at 06:36 PM   #37
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

do you have to apply separately to the different faculties?? or do you list them all on one form?
Old 06-10-2012 at 12:49 AM   #38
nathanb

do i have to provide a death certificate with my reinstatement if a family member died
Old 06-10-2012 at 10:43 AM   #39
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
do i have to provide a death certificate with my reinstatement if a family member died
I'm not sure...it can't hurt. A copy would probably be fine. You could also provide a copy of the obituary instead, that's probably easier than a copy of the death certificate and it shows the same thing.
Old 06-15-2012 at 08:47 PM   #40
nathanb

okay i finished math 1za3 with a B, is that any good ? will the reinstatement commitee take that mark into account
Old 07-04-2012 at 02:47 PM   #41
engfreak

Liked: 7 Times

Yes, they will take that into account. It's not a bad grade.