MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No Remembrance Day off??? smarties13 General Discussion 27 11-09-2010 09:57 PM
Remembrance day ceremonies??? macculkin General Discussion 27 11-12-2009 11:13 PM
Teaching Awards Ceremony temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 18 03-27-2009 03:27 PM
Remembrance Day sinthusized General Discussion 3 11-10-2008 01:01 PM
REMEMBRANCE DAY poppies Chad General Discussion 3 11-02-2007 10:05 AM

Remembrance Day ceremony this year ?

Old 11-08-2010 at 10:28 PM   #16
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
i want to piss on you
Are you R Kelly IRL? :O
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:32 PM   #17
zunizoon
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Here I go:

Remembrance day is for dumbasses. Yeah, that's right !

Support for soldiers in WW1 and WW2?? Wtf!

Ok Canada had nothing to do with both wars, it wasn't threatened by the Axis in any way except maybe economically.

WW1 : Canada was Great Britain's *****.
WW2: Canada didn't do much anyway, it still wasn't its war.

Afghanistan : I don't need to comment on that it's obvious.
Korean War: Same as above

To the idiot Reeves: Sacrificed my life for me ? Wow, you really need brain cells. Like seriously, I think I am going to study how to generate brain cells just for you. Btw, call me a kid for playing video game, whatever. At least, I know more history than you do.

People who support Remembrance Day, Support War and therefore they support killings of human BEINGS. HOW can you support killings of human Beings ffs.
Supporting the troops and supporting the war are completely different things. You don't have to support the reasons for the war to respect the troops and wishing them a safe return. 99.999999% of soldiers have no say in the decision making process and go where they are told to.

Besides, Remembrance Day commemorates the end of fighting, the sacrifices countless people made and to pay our respect to those who passed during warfare--it is not a day that praises war.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:32 PM   #18
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Are you R Kelly IRL? :O
no im jim raynor

Old 11-08-2010 at 10:33 PM   #19
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
More like supporting freedom. Seriously, you're saying Canada didn't do anything in WWI?
In WW2, if all the nations excluding the ones that got "attacked" fought back, the world would have been taken over by Germany.

You think he's going to stop when he's done with Europe? He had the technology to go overseas.
Please, you're a load of horseshit that knows nothing on this matter.
OMG o Lord please help me...

Ok

1)I didn't say Canada was useless in WW1, I said it was Britain's dog. Canada achieved a lot in WW1.

2) The power that defeated Germany was MAINLY RUSSIA. Germany's invasion of Russia was their doom. Even if the US hadn't joined the war, Britain would have won in the west it would just have taken 5 more years.

3)No shoot Hitler had the technologies to go oversees. But he was also dumb in the art of warfare. Smart guy in politics but no in war. He was too arrogant and didn't listen to his general. Plus , after the defeat in Russia, Germany had barely any logistics to keep themselves alive in the occupied France.

I have studied and listen over many stratagems of WW2. A lot of historians back me up on this. I also don't learn just from a Canadian Source, I have read Russian/German/British and non-combatants sources.

Here's a MYTH taught by Canadian Sources: All soldiers fighting under Hitler were Nazis.

WRONG! There were some soldiers serving as Oberfeldwebel in the Wehrmacht campaign. They had no choice in fighting and didn't appreciate Hitler at all.

PS: Apparently, Remembrance day is about end of war. Yet, I always keep hearing the word "Support" in speeches about Afghanistan during that day.

Also, taken from http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/remembers/s...r/remember/why

"We must remember. If we do not, the sacrifice of those one hundred thousand Canadian lives will be meaningless. They died for us, for their homes and families and friends, for a collection of traditions they cherished and a future they believed in; they died for Canada. The meaning of their sacrifice rests with our collective national consciousness; our future is their monument.1"

Last edited by Commander : 11-08-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:34 PM   #20
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:

Ok

1)I didn't say Canada was useless in WW1, I said it was Britain's dog. Canada achieved a lot in WW1.

2) The power that defeated Germany was MAINLY RUSSIA. Germany's invasion of Russia was their doom. Even if the US hadn't joined the war, Britain would have won in the west it would just have taken 5 more years.

3)No shoot Hitler had the technologies to go oversees. But we was also dumb in the art of warfare. Smart guy in politics but no in war. He was too arrogant and didn't listen to his general. Plus , after the defeat in Russia, Germany had barely any logistics to keep themselves alive in the occupied France.

I have studied and listen over many stratagems of WW2. A lot of historians back me up on this. I also don't learn just from a Canadian Source, I have read Russian/German/British and non-combatants sources.

Here's a MYTH : All soldiers fighting under Hitler were Nazis.

WRONG! There were some soldiers serving as Oberfeldwebel in the Wehrmacht campaign. They had no choice in fighting and didn't appreciate Hitler at all.
man this guy is so bad at trolling he actually trolled himself

Old 11-08-2010 at 10:37 PM   #21
zunizoon
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
PS: Apparently, Remembrance day is about end of war. Yet, I always keep hearing the word "Support" in speeches about Afghanistan during that day.
Support for the soldiers there, NOT necessarily the war itself or the reasons the Canadian government tells us on why we're there.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:38 PM   #22
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
I am actually. You should try to kick me there, I don't like it when men touch my genitals with their hands. I have never seen someone try to punch a person in the nuts, lmfao.

Btw, playing COD is giving respect to troops. Unless, you start playing as Germans (have done this a lot).

I'd rather you not come, if this is the case.
[Content Removed]

Last edited by jhan523 : 11-08-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Threatening
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:42 PM   #23
Commander
P.I.M.P

It's funny how none of you guys refuted my points. I thought you guys were University Students.

I guess if Bush graduated from Havard, University doesn't make stupid people any smarter.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:42 PM   #24
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
I'd rather you not come, if this is the case.
Don't want any blood in Bridges.
I won't make him bleed. I don't want to have to go home and do laundry.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:44 PM   #25
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunizoon View Post
Support for the soldiers there, NOT necessarily the war itself or the reasons the Canadian government tells us on why we're there.
Support doesn't end war at all. Criticism and protesting does.

Support soldiers to kill human beings ? That's not wanting the war to end, it's just making a cycle of hatred bigger.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:45 PM   #26
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
It's funny how none of you guys refuted my points. I thought you guys were University Students.

I guess if Bush graduated from Havard, University doesn't make stupid people any smarter.
...from the guy who was surprised to learn that the day being discussed is about ending a war, not supporting it.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:46 PM   #27
zunizoon
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Support doesn't end war at all. Criticism and protesting does.

Support soldiers to kill human beings ? That's not wanting the war to end, it's just making a cycle of hatred bigger.
You have a point, simply agreeing with the war won't end it. However, showing support for the individual soldier is a different thing. They're making huge sacrifices in order to be there, and they're there because the government told them to go. Go protest the government, not the soldiers who're doing the dirty work because of orders.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:47 PM   #28
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:

Here's a MYTH : All soldiers fighting under Hitler were Nazis.

Without even mentioning the fact that people were indoctrinated into the nazi party from childhood (look up Hitler Youth), many people didn't have a choice in whether or not they were assigned to the Nazi ranks. If you think that only the most ethnocentric white-supremacists joined the SS, then you're sadly mistaken. People who had the appropriate height and build were selected regardless of their beliefs. Once they had been deployed, Nazi's that tried to desert or deviate from orders were shot by Germans, without question. The allied forces often shot Nazi's on sight, without question. So what the hell are you going to do, besides keep your head down and hope you get through the war alive?

Last edited by Toast : 11-08-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:48 PM   #29
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
I won't make him bleed. I don't want to have to go home and do laundry.
Lol, who do you think you are Internet tough guy. Have you ever made some bleed ?

If you can't hurt me anymore than hurting someone by stabbing with a knife, then don't try. I got stabbed twice and trust me, anything less than that pain in the stomach and that feeling of 'faint' won't do much to me.

Unless you hit me in the groin...

Or you hit me under armpit (my personal weakness)

Oh and don't forget, that getting kicked in the inside of the leg hurts like hell. Just make sure you kick above the knee cap area if you want to hurt me.

Other techniques are probably too advanced for you.

Last edited by Commander : 11-08-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:48 PM   #30
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote: