MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No Remembrance Day off??? smarties13 General Discussion 27 11-09-2010 09:57 PM
Remembrance day ceremonies??? macculkin General Discussion 27 11-12-2009 11:13 PM
Teaching Awards Ceremony temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 18 03-27-2009 03:27 PM
Remembrance Day sinthusized General Discussion 3 11-10-2008 01:01 PM
REMEMBRANCE DAY poppies Chad General Discussion 3 11-02-2007 10:05 AM

Remembrance Day ceremony this year ?

Old 11-09-2010 at 11:05 AM   #46
drhorrible

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
I'm actually not sure where convocation hall is. Can I get some directions, please?
It's in University Hall (the building between Hamilton Hall and MUSC). Just walk up the stairs to the second floor and you'll see it.

REPLEKIA/., resh.jyoti all say thanks to drhorrible for this post.
Old 11-09-2010
Commander
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-09-2010 at 12:43 PM   #47
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

According to the Daily News, the ceremony will start at 10:45 a.m. in Convocation Hall.

http://dailynews.mcmaster.ca /worth....cfm?i d=6011

If anyone has lost their poppy (which someone mentioned on this thread), they usually hand out poppies at the door of the ceremony. Also, replace the pin you get with your poppy with a safety pin instead - it won't fall off.

resh.jyoti, xxsumz all say thanks to Kathy2 for this post.
Old 11-09-2010 at 12:51 PM   #48
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
According to the Daily News, the ceremony will start at 10:45 a.m. in Convocation Hall.

If anyone has lost their poppy (which someone mentioned on this thread), they usually hand out poppies at the door of the ceremony. Also, replace the pin you get with your poppy with a safety pin instead - it won't fall off.
I cant believe ive never thought of that.
Old 11-09-2010 at 01:22 PM   #49
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:

Years and years of poppy wearing and I never thought of that either.. you're a freaking genius
Old 11-09-2010 at 01:31 PM   #50
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Not a bad Idea, I always just fed the poppy's pin through my shirt then back out through the edge of the poppy, so that the poppy cannot fall off and the pin points outward so it doesn't poke you.