MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Residence-Wide Formal 2009 ~*Sara*~ MacInsiders Announcements 49 11-08-2009 10:01 AM
Residence Move-In Dates and Times 2009 niteskie MacInsiders Announcements 42 08-23-2009 03:25 PM
Concerns about res? lorend Residence & Housing 135 06-29-2009 11:57 AM
Applications Now Open for Residence Life Staff 2009-2010 rosenas MacInsiders Announcements 16 12-19-2008 06:15 PM

Residence Concerns (2009)

Old 06-29-2009 at 12:52 PM   #16
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy View Post
Do they often put students together who are in the same programmes?
It's not guaranteed, but if you checked off that you would like to have a roommate in the same program when you were applying for residence, then they will try to accommodate that. I checked it off, but I got someone in a different program.
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:52 PM   #17
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

How is the Bunk and Loft room set up. Cuz it seems to be the same area as the double rooms =S How does it fit 3 desks for 3 people, if there IS 2 desks that is. Also, is there anywhere i can find a picture/map and such.
PS_ Moulton is like at the other end of campus from my classes :F argh
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:54 PM   #18
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy View Post
Do they often put students together who are in the same programmes?
Nope. I got 2 Soc Scis,
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:54 PM   #19
shhhane

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
It's not guaranteed, but if you checked off that you would like to have a roommate in the same program when you were applying for residence, then they will try to accommodate that. I checked it off, but I got someone in a different program.
It doesn't have that option?
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:55 PM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara_h216 View Post
How is the Bunk and Loft room set up. Cuz it seems to be the same area as the double rooms =S How does it fit 3 desks for 3 people, if there IS 2 desks that is. Also, is there anywhere i can find a picture/map and such.
It fits. All the furniture takes the same amount of space at a double room. You have 2 desks, a bunk bed and a loft (which means there is a desk under it). So it takes up the same amount of space. But I think put in extra drawers and the fridge is on top of that.
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:55 PM   #21
Cristina_n13

Liked: 23 Times

Moulton is close to BSB (where I had like 30% of my first year science classes) as well as Keyes & Bridges (mmm food).
The Bunk & Loft has 3 desks, 3 beds. Bed A & B have desks facing a window, while Bed C is the loft so it has the desk under the bed. There was a facebook group (I can't recall what/where it was) but it has pictures of a bunk & loft... specifically Moulton's Bunk & Loft
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:55 PM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shhhane View Post
It doesn't have that option?
Oh, they took out that part of the application process? That sucks...
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:57 PM   #23
Cristina_n13

Sometimes being in a room with a person in the same program as you isn't that great. it can bring tension & competition into the relationship when it comes to classes & such, and it usually does. It can be good though when you're working on assignments & online quizzes and such though...
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:04 PM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina_n13 View Post
Sometimes being in a room with a person in the same program as you isn't that great. it can bring tension & competition into the relationship when it comes to classes & such, and it usually does. It can be good though when you're working on assignments & online quizzes and such though...
But you'll make friends with people on your floor in the same program as you or taking the same courses. Then you can all gather in the study room, common room or even someone's room and cooperate when doing quizzes such as chem and bio, CAPA for physics or online assignments for math.
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:07 PM   #25
daisy

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Try here: http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...Buildings.html
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:14 PM   #26
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Ah.. I'm scared of this competition thing, especially since it takes a while to get to know people.
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:16 PM   #27
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Ah.. I'm scared of this competition thing, especially since it takes a while to get to know people.
What competition thing? You mean academic competition?
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:19 PM   #28
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Yep. I.e. If one of your roommates of even on the same floor are in the same program..
PS-
I might be pessimistic cuz of how it was in highschool
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:21 PM   #29
Cristina_n13

Quote:
It happens, and you get over it. You can deal with it a few ways (when you notice the competitiveness is starting)
1. Don't talk about school work & such with your roommate unless they bring it up, and if you don't walk them to talk about it to you, tell them you need to go "visit a friend next door" or "grab lunch" just change the subject, they're not stupid and will understand.
2. Ask your roommate for help/offer them help to show you're friendly.
3. Really, it's you against 2000 other people who all want to get into medschool/dentistry/pharmacy if you and your roommate get along and work together then it's 2vs2000 as opposed to 1vs2000 =]

~*Sara*~ says thanks to Cristina_n13 for this post.

0n3. likes this.
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:22 PM   #30
Cristina_n13

Quote:
Yep. I.e. If one of your roommates of even on the same floor are in the same program..
PS-
I might be pessimistic cuz of how it was in highschool
It usually happens less on the floor, with the floor is where you start study groups & such =] At least that's what happened last year.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to Cristina_n13 for this post.