MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can someone please review my schedule? luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-16-2010 06:12 PM
can you review my timetable? please bubblegum3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-29-2010 10:18 AM
Review my Timetable PLease MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-27-2010 10:38 PM
Review my schedule please!!! quresmu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-15-2009 01:03 PM
2nd Yr Multimedia Schedule Review? TTHX Academics 4 06-23-2009 05:04 PM

Review My Schedule/Timetable - Post here

Old 08-11-2008 at 09:31 PM   #31
sidraH

Liked: 0 Times

Thank you so much for having a look!!!! I've been constantly trying to log into solar but so far nothing has become available. So i will definitely call them up tomorrow and request them to allow me to move over math and maybe physics. Do you think they might do both for me? Both are core courses right?
Old 08-11-2008 at 09:36 PM   #32
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

They can and should do both at the same time. It's their jobs and they may as well do two at once. Make sure you tell them ahead of time that you want to switch around two classes.

Anything that says C0# (insert number) is a core class. Things that say T01 or L01 are tutorials and labs.

Also, if you don't have to work or anything tomorrow try between 4:30/5-7am. SOLAR isn't as busy then. The less dedicated are sleeping.

Old 08-11-2008 at 09:47 PM   #33
sidraH

lol..okay i'll definitely try to wake up then and do it. But thank you soooooooooooo much Sabrina. You helped me out a lot. I was stressing sooo muchh considering that it's all new to me and all. Buh once again..Thank you!!!!!
Old 08-11-2008 at 09:51 PM   #34
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

lol it's no problem, we're here for that reason. It wasn't THAT long ago that I was doing the "omg, omg I'm so screwed" thing.

When I was in first year they didn't make a timetable for you, they just gave you a list of classes and you had to make it yourself. I had a bunch of conflicts with tutorials and I didn't understand that tutorials could be moved around. I thought I was going to be kicked out before I even got to go to my first class. My welcome week rep saved my rear that day, I was nearly in tears.

So don't worry, you're not the only one!!

Old 08-11-2008 at 11:17 PM   #35
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Liked: 46 Times

Jumping on the bandwagon... check my timetable please?
Hi everyone,

I feel silly jumping on the "check my timetable" bandwagon like everyone else.... but like everyone else, I'm not sure if I should make any changes or not (I'm not even sure how to do so if necessary).

I'm going into level 1 Engineering, any advice is appreciated. I do intend to take both the economics electives in first term to get them out of the way; I have already studied the material and taken a course in it, so I am feel quite comfortable taking both at once.

Thanks for any input!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term 1 schedule.JPG (182.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg term 2 schedule.JPG (180.4 KB, 26 views)
Old 08-11-2008 at 11:26 PM   #36
Bibo

Hey kenvin100, thats a good idea about moving something into Wednesday, its such a big gap between classes. Also what did you mean about Tuesday? It seems fine to me, please point out what I'm missing. About econ.. I didn't really want to take it at night but scott0000 made it sound fine, I believe the day classes are full anyway.

Good idea Mitch, will do.

Thanks for the replies everyone!
Old 08-11-2008 at 11:40 PM   #37
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times

Hi Miles! I seem to be seeing that its mainly eng who are asking advice bout there timetables i understand b/c they're pretty hectic! Anyways I actually like your sched...definetly good that you end at 230 for most of the week! If you want you can try to move your ENG 1C03 lab to thurs and move the chem to tues afternoon. That way you can avoid having chem/phys labs on the same day. Plus chem is EOW soo you would end 1220 on tues. I also found that 1c03 labs aren't very difficult or time consuming once you get the hang of it. So it's not a big deal if you have phys lab on the same day..Other than that, I wouldnt really change anything. But if you prefer later classes (dont want to wake up early) you can try to switch some of the phys/math lectures. For me I like to get things over with, but if you feel you'll be too tired to pay attention, changing to afternoon lectures would be a good idea.

for term 2 same thing bout the early classes. Also if you can try to switch math 1zz5 becuase you have that massive gap on tuesdays, b/c of that late math lecture. If not you could try switching 1p03 tutorial to tues..since you're going to have to wait until 530 for math you might as well attend the tutorial then. That way you free up your wed. to two classes.

tungo89, Zeehan all say thanks to zoyy for this post.
Old 08-12-2008 at 05:34 AM   #38
manav

My timetable.. pls give opinion
Here's my timetable-- pls.give suggestions + opinions..
Attached Files
File Type: doc Personal Timetable-Term1 and 2.doc (470.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-12-2008 at 08:12 AM   #39
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Liked: 46 Times

Thanks a lot Catt! I'll try to make the changes you suggested. I just do that by going back to SOLAR, right?
Old 08-12-2008 at 09:49 AM   #40
Almurnith

New Timetable
I just finished changing my timetable again and I am quite happy with the results =D

Do you guys think I should change anything around one last time?
Attached Files
File Type: doc timetableREV.doc (69.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-12-2008 at 10:13 AM   #41
Sync

Liked: 2 Times

Will there be a problem if I have 2 tutorials consecutively in terms of arriving in class on time? I have one from BSB (9:30) to UH (10:30) and another from TSH (10:30) to BSB (11:30).
Old 08-12-2008 at 10:18 AM   #42
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

There are no problems with any of the combinations for walking distances. Don't worry. That should not be a factor in choosing courses. Those walking distances are like 3 minutes.
Old 08-12-2008 at 10:22 AM   #43
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

Your timetable looks great Almurnith!

Manav, try to move around the courses/labs on Friday first term and your evening stuff second term if you want. I'm at work now so I don't have much time to really look at the times in depth.
Old 08-12-2008 at 12:31 PM   #44
Kiz01

here's my timetable
Here's my current timetable for Level 1 Engineering. Should I change/move some classes around? What do you guys think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term1.jpg (153.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg term2.jpg (153.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 08-12-2008 at 03:10 PM   #45
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

first term looks manageable..

second term..wat is 1ee0? a 5hr class on a saturday? whoa..u gotta move that somwhere

edit: thas co-op..damn i didnt kno u could have co-op now? Can we still take co-op in our second yr?

Last edited by kenvin100 : 08-12-2008 at 03:12 PM.