hot water salad13 General Discussion 8 03-16-2009 10:35 PM

rez water

Old 10-03-2010 at 04:24 PM   #61
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingénieur.xo View Post
So for everyone that boils the water that you drink... do you also boil the water you use to brush your teeth?
i dont exactly 'drink' the water when brushing
Old 10-03-2010 at 05:28 PM   #62
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Bottled water goes through fewer mandatory regulations and tests than tap water.

Also, using brita or boiling when not necessary uses energy and resources that could have been put towards something more useful.

Such a wasteful people we are! (And I don't consider myself excluded!)
Old 10-03-2010 at 05:33 PM   #63
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
Bottled water goes through fewer mandatory regulations and tests than tap water.

Also, using brita or boiling when not necessary uses energy and resources that could have been put towards something more useful.

Such a wasteful people we are! (And I don't consider myself excluded!)
i can understand u saying boiling water uses energy.... but how does brita?
Old 10-03-2010 at 05:36 PM   #64
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
i can understand u saying boiling water uses energy.... but how does brita?
Energy to make, package and sell. It also contributes to waste because you throw out the packaging and filter every other month.

micadjems says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 10-03-2010 at 06:00 PM   #65
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Energy to make, package and sell. It also contributes to waste because you throw out the packaging and filter every other month.
alright.

but it takes the taste out of my water
Old 10-03-2010 at 06:00 PM   #66
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
alright.

but it takes the taste out of my water
Water has taste?
Old 10-03-2010 at 06:02 PM   #67
giftedchick
Elite Member

to me tap water does have a taste... some ppl notice it others dont.... id rather my water to not have a taste at all
Old 10-03-2010 at 06:08 PM   #68
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
to me tap water does have a taste... some ppl notice it others dont.... id rather my water to not have a taste at all
You could always like put a kool-aid packet in there Then your water wouldn't taste like...water?
Old 10-03-2010 at 06:48 PM   #69
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

good we are so spoiled living in this country...

There's something incredibly hilarious in saying you won't drink water because of its taste...
I would imagine there are some people who would think that was quite the joke, like literally not believe it..
"Imagine not drinking water because it didn't taste good? ahahaha" as they collect their brown water.

Reminds me of this time I was talking to this guy in Cuba about traffic in Toronto. He was shocked..."So many people have a car there??" I shut my mouth and neglected to mention my family has three, and most have at least two.
And that's Cuba, let's not even get into some other countries.
Old 10-03-2010 at 08:21 PM   #70
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

They'd also probably think its a joke that some people care about drinking Coke over Pepsi because it tastes better, or that people would stop eating food that tastes like its gone bad. You can look at that as us being spoiled, or you can look at it as others not having those options.

If I don't like the taste of something, I don't consume it. I don't think that's unreasonable

giftedchick likes this.
Old 10-03-2010 at 08:37 PM   #71
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
good we are so spoiled living in this country...

There's something incredibly hilarious in saying you won't drink water because of its taste...
I would imagine there are some people who would think that was quite the joke, like literally not believe it..
"Imagine not drinking water because it didn't taste good? ahahaha" as they collect their brown water.

Reminds me of this time I was talking to this guy in Cuba about traffic in Toronto. He was shocked..."So many people have a car there??" I shut my mouth and neglected to mention my family has three, and most have at least two.
And that's Cuba, let's not even get into some other countries.
How does it taste being spoon fed 24/7?
Old 10-03-2010 at 09:12 PM   #72
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
They'd also probably think its a joke that some people care about drinking Coke over Pepsi because it tastes better, or that people would stop eating food that tastes like its gone bad. You can look at that as us being spoiled, or you can look at it as others not having those options.

If I don't like the taste of something, I don't consume it. I don't think that's unreasonable
exactly... i dont see y ppl are so critical of others' personal preferences
Old 10-03-2010 at 09:12 PM   #73
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
How does it taste being spoon fed 24/7?
0_o not to sure what you mean by that. I was in an irritable mood and my parents rants came out in me

Basically my parents grew up in a "global south" type country and that's where my general irritation with spoiled Northerners comes from...being ranted at like that through my childhood ahahah. Sorry if I offended lol

I do practice what I preach mind you...my parents taught us to never waste food by forcing us to eat rotten food. If it was our fault it went off (we forgot to eat it etc) it was still our job to eat it. I will tell you there is no way to make certain things taste better once they've gone off :( . Also..no leaving the table till all the food was gone etc.
Point being...it's just part of my upbringing to find such...flippant irritations such as the taste of water just a bit silly. We are spoiled by how lucky we are to live in this country. Me included.
Old 10-03-2010 at 09:51 PM   #74
The Guardian

Liked: 3 Times

...wait...this isn't the Dick Masterson forum...
Oh and if the kettle was broken down, I'd drink the water anyways, no sweat
Why should it be any more complex than that?
Old 10-03-2010 at 11:13 PM   #75
Joey

Liked: 17 Times

The water is fine there is nothing wrong with it. It will taste different from the water in your hometown due to different minerals concentrations. You will get used to it. I didn't drink rez water because I was not convinced the actual spout was clean in the kitchen or bathrooms. It was also very aerated (to save water while still keeping pressure) so I would always let it sit out. Now that i am off campus and too cheap to pay for bottled water or juice I drink the water all the time. I actually now prefer it to the water in my hometown.