MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
phone number Hamilton or Oakville cjdzl Computers & Tech 26 09-04-2010 10:40 PM
Hamilton vs Oakville number VoyozooT General Discussion 42 09-30-2009 09:33 PM
A look at Canada's students, by the numbers: CBC lorend Academics 2 09-01-2009 01:40 PM
question about getting oakville number VoyozooT General Discussion 33 08-28-2009 11:41 PM
Getting to McMaster from Oakville khaotic First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-23-2008 12:44 AM

Rogers LCA change --> oakville numbers

Old 11-25-2009 at 02:53 PM   #31
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsanx View Post
ok so i just want someone to clarify this..

since i have an oakville number, will calling ANYONE in hamilton charge me or not? and when my parents call me while being in mississauga, will it charge both of us like me for roaming and them for LD? should i just change my number to a hamilton one or is the oakville one still better? ahhhhhhhhhhhh screw rogers!
Calling other people depends on your location and their number (your number has nothing to do with it). If you are in hamilton, calling anyone with a hamilton number will be local. If you are calling someone with an oakville number (while you're in hamilton) it will be long distance. If you don't know what number they have or if calling them is long distance, just call them without the 1 in front of their number and the message will come up if it's long distance.

Picking up your phone and your parents calling you while you are in mississauga will charge NEITHER of you .

If you live in hamilton, change your number. If you live in mississauga, keep it the same. That way you can pick up your phone in both hamilton and mississauga without rogers charging you. The only problem is that for people in hamilton, calling you is LD.
Old 12-14-2009 at 09:25 PM   #32
cowcow

Liked: 2 Times

WIND mobile has been given approval by the CRTC to be able to provide mobile services to Canadians. They will be open sometime this week (most likely December 16).

Here are the rumored plans. All plans come with caller id, call forwarding and call waiting. Official plans are also to be announced on Wednesday I believe.

Chat: $15 per month
Unlimited WIND to WIND calling (Canada wide)
Unlimited incoming text
100 province-wide voice minutes
50 text messages

Always Talk: $35 per month
Unlimited WIND to WIND calling (Canada wide)
Unlimited province-wide calling
Unlimited incoming text
50 outgoing text messages

Always Shout: $45 per month
Unlimited Canada-wide calling
Unlimited incoming /outgoing text messages
Voicemail

Data Plans
Infinite Mobile: $35 per month (used with any voice plan)
Unlimited internet for phones (tethering too)

Infinite Laptop: $45 per month
Unlimited internet for USB data sticks

Possibly there will be a web on your phone only type data plan for $10/mn.

BlackBerry data plans
Social BlackBerry: $10 per month
Unlimited instant messaging, Facebook and MySpace.

Infinite BlackBerry: $35 per month (used with any voice plan)
Unlimited internet for BlackBerry

Addons:
Voice: 10c Per Minute with the $15 plan
SMS: 10c each
MMS: 20c each
Voicemail: $5

Long Distance:
$20 for unlimited North America
Old 12-15-2009 at 01:39 PM   #33
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

rogers = hustlers.
Old 12-15-2009 at 01:53 PM   #34
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Cowcow, do you happen to know if these plans include any extra charges? SAF, 911 and the like?
Otherwise, the $45 plan encompasses everything, amazing value for the price.
Old 12-15-2009 at 02:17 PM   #35
cowcow

Liked: 2 Times

There's no SAF or 911 fee. Rogers does not have a 911 or SAF fee either but instead charges $5 extra per plan and has a $2.58 GRRF fee. One thing to note, if you have been with Rogers or any of the other telecommunications companies for a while, you can renegotiate your plan with them and the plans that you get renegotiating will be better than what WIND gives you.

WIND is only cheaper if you don't have a relationship with a cell phone company already and you're getting a new plan from a store.