MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conflicts??? GCSM First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-09-2010 09:32 PM
In class trips and potential schedule conflicts? sinthusized Academics 2 08-16-2010 02:32 PM
Conflicts hellohello Academics 4 06-15-2010 12:26 AM
conflicts Strongwiller Academics 2 09-13-2009 08:08 PM
Holiday Schedule and Exam schedule Reno V First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 10-16-2008 01:56 PM

Schedule Conflicts :S

Old 08-07-2008 at 12:57 PM   #1
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Schedule Conflicts :S
OMG. scheduling conflicts.
i am freaking out. i feel like crying, its not funny. :|
i planned all my courses out and im pretty sure there were no conflicts. until now. :S:S
solar said there were no conflicts too. :S
i'm afraid that when i change my conflicts tomrrow, all the classes will be full. and that's NOT cool.

and what's a sectioning conflict?? do i have to fix that too? how?

Here's Term 1:

Here's Term 2:
Old 08-07-2008 at 01:14 PM   #2
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

Please don't cry :( Cheer up! It's not a big problem. SOLAR doesn't let you know if there are conflicts that involve a tutorial or lab. In this case one tutorial. You have two options here:
1. Drop HTH SCI 1AA3 and take something else that doesn't interfere with anything.
2. (My choice) Change your Social 1A06 1D to 1A06 1E, the evening course. You have the option of choosing C01 on Thursday, or C02 on Monday. Both courses are from 7-9 at night. it's not that bad. Some night courses are fun.

You can't change anything until Monday, when SOLAR re-opens. Relax, everything is fine

aya017, Chad all say thanks to mitch for this post.
Old 08-07-2008 at 01:15 PM   #3
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Hey aya017,

Don't freak out! There will be other students in similar situations as yours, so you're definetely not alone on this. When SOLAR reopens, try your best to change into a conflict free section. If the section for the required course you want is full, and it's absolutely imperative that you register in that certain section, email the respective department (there's a list of departmental contacts here) explaining your situation. They'll probably open up a seat in that section for you, especially if it's a required course.

In terms of the sectioning conflict, I'm not 100% sure what that means, but by looking at the Master Timetable, it looks like they'll be a conflict with either core and a course you're already registered in (for instance, physics 1L03 C03 runs Mon, Thu at 12:30, which is the same time as your HTH SCI 1H06 class). But again, don't panic! Try changing up the sections when SOLAR reopens and emailing the department(s) if it's full.

aya017 says thanks to kenneth526 for this post.
Old 08-07-2008 at 01:32 PM   #4
aya017

Aww thanks u guys. hahah. I'm still freaking out a bit.. but whatever.
I think I might have to take sociology in the evening.. that's the only way to fix it. (but MEH. asian parents lol)
andd.. drop physics. or take another kind of physics. idk.

thank youu!
Old 08-07-2008 at 01:51 PM   #5
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

omgosh... i hateee our mandatory health sci courses. they conflict with everything. xD so yeah.. im getting alot of conflicts too.. but guess ill wait it out.. plus we have our nursing courses together.. and if all goes well.. our antamony/physiology too. =p
Old 08-07-2008 at 09:58 PM   #6
aya017

i know. it sucks. i think i found one that wouldnt conflict. YAY.
but now i have to take sociology during the evening.
hopefully its still open. :S

p.s. anyone know what to do if all the classes u want are full?
can u talk to the professor about it and plead ur case?

thank you!
Old 08-07-2008 at 10:15 PM   #7
mitch
Elite Member

You can definetly talk to the professor, especially if it's about a conflict. If it's just going to a different core class, sometimes people just go to the other classes, even if they're not registered in them. It's not recommended though because if it's too full, you're not allowed to sit on the stairs; fire hazard.
Old 08-07-2008 at 11:14 PM   #8
aya017

lol this is going to sound dumb but--
wont the professor know ur not from his class, or ur not going to the right class? or does this only apply to different professors teaching the same class (will they have the same assignments though?)

also.. who do you call when ur classes as full? just so they can open up more seats? my friend told me she did this, and they opened a seat (or more? idk) for her.

thank you!
Old 08-07-2008 at 11:31 PM   #9
mitch
Elite Member

I would suggest you talk to the program director. You can go to the office of your program, like the undergraduate science office. They allow drop in meetings. They will help you for sure if you have a conflict. Also, many courses have TAs or a person in charge of switching class/labs/tutorials that will be introduced when classes start.
Old 08-07-2008 at 11:49 PM   #10
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Thanks for helping each other out guys! And thanks for replying to all these schedule questions mitch
Old 08-09-2008 at 12:53 AM   #11
aya017

Hey everyone

Thanks so much for helping me lol I am such a girl half the time, and the other half, I'm such a baby LMAO, and the other half i'm such a kid, and.. whatever.

Anyway so I tried working my schedule out, and if you're interested, do you wanna look it over? This isn't the final one so it could possibly be that the classes I want are full but I totally hope not. *crosses fingers* I realized I don't really like scheduling my classes.

lol the office assistant got in the picture lol

anyway i color coded them
orange means i cant change them (or that i just wont anymore)
red means its the preferred change i want
blue means its the change that can ALSO be done, but its not preferred
and black are the ones i have to change.

can anyone tell me if i made a mistake somewhere?
its 2 am and im dead so yeah. lol.

thank YOU all! honestly its awesome.

p.s. what time does SOLAR open on aug11th?
Old 08-09-2008 at 01:30 AM   #12
mitch
Elite Member

I looked over your schedule and everything seems great! The only mistake is that in your first term, Psych 1X03 in blue is actually Tuesday at 11:30 for C21/22. It doesn't matter though, because your red coloured courses are perfect and are really good choices. Just for your information, for Psych 1X03 to be on Tuesday at 9:30 it would be C09 or 10 and the tutorial would be on Friday or Wednesday. I wouldn't want to do that because I would want to keep the Wednesday off, and not add any extra classes to Friday.

In other words, what you have is great!

aya017 says thanks to mitch for this post.
Old 08-09-2008 at 12:35 PM   #13
aya017

YAY thanks
Hahah I honestly cannot believe that you actually made the effort to look over my schedule (and everyone else's LOL i looked if anyone had similar problems) - thanks so much
and yess. im totally trying to keep wednesday off hahah. thanks again

hopefully all these classes are still open.. LAST - what time does solar open on aug 11th? can i go on at like.. 12:01 am? LOL.
Old 08-10-2008 at 12:03 AM   #14
mitch
Elite Member

I think it'll be open just past midnight. I'm glad I could help I find it actually fun to look over people's schedules and decide how to move the courses around. It's kinda like a puzzle. Or like Tetris! I love Tetris! Anyway, it's really good procrastination against writing up my essays and questions to apply to medical school, so yeah, keep coming with the questions!
Old 08-10-2008 at 12:17 AM   #15
FlyWithMac

Liked: 0 Times

Yeah, it's weird, it's actually fun making timetables.

But it's no fun if you can't make them happen on SOLAR -_-