Cracked laptop screen R_21 General Discussion 11 10-26-2010 06:49 PM
Windows 7 Welcome Screen Desda Computers & Tech 12 07-21-2010 08:35 AM
Flat-screen monitor ladyh General Discussion 5 01-08-2008 11:28 PM

What is a screen name?

Old 06-13-2011 at 10:55 PM   #1
smojer

Liked: 0 Times

What is a screen name?
Hi everyone, I'm filling out my residence application atm (I'm an exchange student so it's due later) and I was just wondering what a 'screen name' is?? It says we need it for our application (and it's probably pretty obvious to you guys) but we don't use that term here in Aus so I'm not sure what it is haha
Thanks!!!
Old 06-13-2011 at 11:06 PM   #2
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

if i rember correctly, while i mainly filled that form out , the screen name was just a name you could put during communications with others online before meeting them. just in case you dont want them to know your email and to aviod ppl with same name..you chose you screen name. kinda like smojer for you
Old 06-20-2011 at 08:30 AM   #3
Zimonada

Liked: 34 Times

I just used my first name, I told my brother to do the same, and most people I've talked to just use their name. Pretty much all it is is the name that will show up when your roommate(s) look to see who they got matched up with.

Sidenote: You may consider putting your first and last name, or initial or something. My first name is Adam, which is fine, but I got my roommate who's name is ALSO Adam, and also listed his screen name as Adam... having my name effectively listed twice on the screen was a little confusing to say the least.
Old 06-20-2011 at 08:36 AM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

LuL, I'd make mine something ridiculous, like Harold Von Newmann the Twenty Second, FappLova93, or wtfomglol..

dont use your boring old real names!

guildenstern likes this.
Old 06-21-2011 at 05:01 PM   #5
MiniDragon

Liked: 60 Times

Make it your name so your roommates can stalk you on Facebook.