MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BREAKING NEWS: Shooting in the Toronto Eaton Centre Chad MacInsiders Announcements 13 06-04-2012 12:21 PM
Another Virginia Tech Shooting DragonBorn General Discussion 4 12-08-2011 09:18 PM
Another Shooting At Virginia Tech Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-08-2011 07:26 PM
Shooting Range? ninjamachete General Discussion 2 06-26-2011 02:01 PM

Shooting at Colorado Theatre (14 dead)

Old 07-23-2012 at 02:47 PM   #61
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzy View Post
was this the pic you were trying to share?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...pe=3&th eater

https://www.facebook.com/Wachubbleisdis 13th row 2nd pic over on this fb page if you cant see it
I don't really agree with this and it kind of makes me mad. I agree that there's still a lot of racism and stereotypes but if it was the exact same situation (neuroscience phd student, no previous problems with police) except him being black I'd highly doubt they'd say he was a thug and a drug dealer :S

Also George Zimmerman is Latino but the media never said he was an alien and shouldn't have been in the country, instead the media referred to him as being white which made it easier for them to label him as a racist individual.

Also they identified the white Norway massacre killer as a Christian Terrorist because that's what he was!

So the reason they are saying this guy is an outcast and mentally ill is because right now that's pretty much what it looks like, not because he's WHITE.
Old 07-23-2012 at 06:02 PM   #62
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzy View Post
Someone explain to me why he is still listed as a suspect
http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/colo-pro...nalty-1.889229

They arrested him on scene, found his apartment with bombs and other devices, found the weapons, found the rounds used.....and yet he is still a suspect.

I am confused
Probably a combination of legal practice and the fact he was wearing a mask.
Old 07-23-2012 at 06:59 PM   #63
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Probably a combination of legal practice and the fact he was wearing a mask.
Just legal practice, actually. They're sure as hell that he was the guy.
Old 07-23-2012 at 07:09 PM   #64
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexmahone View Post
Just legal practice, actually. They're sure as hell that he was the guy.
His apartment was booby trapped with bombs.and I think he had a weapon with him in the parking lot afterward. Also did u see his died hair? I still wanna know if he was trying to make some statement, not that it would make a difference to the severity of his crime
Old 07-23-2012 at 07:17 PM   #65
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
His apartment was booby trapped with bombs.and I think he had a weapon with him in the parking lot afterward. Also did u see his died hair? I still wanna know if he was trying to make some statement, not that it would make a difference to the severity of his crime
Yeah, I saw his dyed hair; a little surprised he wasn't required to wash it off before court. My best guess is that he just wanted to become infamous.
Old 07-23-2012 at 07:26 PM   #66
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Quote:
Yeah, I saw his dyed hair; a little surprised he wasn't required to wash it off before court. My best guess is that he just wanted to become infamous.
That's my guess too. I hope he realizes what he's done though... a 6 year old was killed !
Old 07-24-2012 at 07:15 AM   #67
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
It was worried that his apartment was booby trapped because James Holmes stated that upon being arrested. The cops feared that opening the door to his apartment would set off a bomb, but nothing has been published confirming any booby traps or bombs in the vicinity. So that to this point remains a media rumour.

Quote:
If his hair is dyed, how do you expect someone to wash it out... its dyed... permenantly... i.e doesnt come out
Old 07-24-2012 at 07:26 AM   #68
Chris23
Account Locked

Nvm melanie just read about the booby trapped bombs. my mistake
Old 07-24-2012 at 07:35 AM   #69
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

I also read that some woman was trying to contact James, and went to his apartment knocking on the door and he didnt answer, so she turned the knob and it was unlocked, but she wasnt sure if she should go in so she didnt. And now she is realyl thankful because they found out it was rigged.

And they couldve made him cut his hair, but I think its his right to keep his hair, especially since they havent convicted him yet, he's still "innocent"
Old 07-24-2012 at 07:42 AM   #70
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Quote:
I also read that some woman was trying to contact James, and went to his apartment knocking on the door and he didnt answer, so she turned the knob and it was unlocked, but she wasnt sure if she should go in so she didnt. And now she is realyl thankful because they found out it was rigged.

And they couldve made him cut his hair, but I think its his right to keep his hair, especially since they havent convicted him yet, he's still "innocent"
I wonder why he told the cops that his apartment was rigged with explosives. If he hadn't, it would almost certainly have caused more casualties. Guilty conscience?
Old 07-24-2012 at 07:45 AM   #71
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Quote:
I wonder why he told the cops that his apartment was rigged with explosives. If he hadn't, it would almost certainly have caused more casualties. Guilty conscience?
Or he was really cocky and thought he did such a good job rigging it theres no way they will be able to escape it
Old 07-24-2012 at 07:48 AM   #72
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Quote:
Or he was really cocky and thought he did such a good job rigging it theres no way they will be able to escape it
That's just stupid...
Old 07-24-2012 at 07:51 AM   #73
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Quote:
That's just stupid...
The whole thing is stupid and irrational and unreal
Old 07-24-2012 at 07:57 AM   #74
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:

Dont think a persons innocence or guilt will affect their hairstyle. Regardless of if its symbolic of something related to the case, in this situation the joker from batman.

Quote:
Yeah umm,,, highly doubt the guy that killed 12 people and injured 58 has a guilty conscience. If anything, he likely told the cops about the booby traps to instill a sense of fear. But who knows, will have to wait to hear details from the trial.
Old 07-24-2012 at 07:57 AM   #75
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Quote:
The whole thing is stupid and irrational and unreal
I'm not too sure about that. If someone values infamy over life/freedom, why shouldn't he commit a crime like this? (I'm not condoning his actions in any way.)