MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Massive Smoke Stack on Campus JackBauer133 General Discussion 16 04-26-2010 02:45 PM
Smoke-Free Day temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 1 03-02-2010 02:58 PM
Nice places to smoke on campus. panici General Discussion 55 10-30-2009 05:11 PM
Smoke-free Ontario Act pinkshuniza Politics 20 03-08-2009 08:57 PM
Smoke detector in our rooms? kenvin100 General Discussion 7 09-01-2008 02:25 PM

I smoke weed.

Old 02-20-2011 at 01:20 PM   #16
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

you good sir, need a vaporizer.
Old 02-20-2011 at 01:43 PM   #17
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Smoke on, you're good.
Old 02-20-2011 at 04:29 PM   #18
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Hate View Post
I ask you this question with sincerity and I request that you respond likewise: MacInsiders, am I really a criminal?
Yes, you are a criminal. The law makes it illegal to smoke weed and you smoke weed. By the very definition of the word you are a criminal. However, that doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. I too am a criminal. I frequently jaywalk and have downloaded copyrighted materials without paying for them. This, by law, makes me a criminal, but there are very few people who would think of me as a bad person for it.

In short, being a criminal does not necessarily mean you are a bad person. Don't beat yourself up over this.

Biochem47, santiagoeb like this.
Old 02-20-2011 at 04:35 PM   #19
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Smoking cigarettes or using tobacco products is just as bad as smoking marijuana imo. Anyone agree?
Old 02-20-2011 at 04:41 PM   #20
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
Smoking cigarettes or using tobacco products is just as bad as smoking marijuana imo. Anyone agree?
I disagree. Marijuana severely impairs the senses, while tobacco just makes you smell funny and slowly gives you cancer.

Desda likes this.
Old 02-20-2011 at 04:41 PM   #21
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Bad for your health or bad as in "it makes you a horrible person because judging makes me feel better about myself?"

I hate when people get on me about smoking weed when they drink and/or smoke heavily. No bloody difference. If you've tried it and didn't enjoy it, then whatever. But when you refuse to try it AND do all the other shit, it makes me wanna punch people in the face. ;D

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Desda, eric_3490 like this.
Old 02-20-2011 at 04:43 PM   #22
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
It all depends on the situation. Smoking tobacco vs smoking marijuana is stupider because you're putting your health a risk for no pleasure, its a pointless way to spend your money and you're damaging your body. Smoking marijuana vs smoking tobacco irresponsibly (meaning knowing you get crazy and impulsive, or you know you in paricular become impaired while driving) is worse because it actually effects your motor skills or decision making ability.

In general though, it isn't considered to intoxicate you anywhere near the level of what alcohol does.

Both are dumb if done continually/habitually.
Old 02-20-2011 at 04:46 PM   #23
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
I disagree. Marijuana severely impairs the senses, while tobacco just makes you smell funny and slowly gives you cancer.
Um, holy ****. Off the top of my head without any sort of thinking:

gum diseases, lung/breathing problems, loss of taste/smell (impairing the senses much?)

I'm sure a bit of research will bring up just a couple more problems.

Old 02-20-2011 at 04:48 PM   #24
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Um, holy ****. Off the top of my head without any sort of thinking:

gum diseases, lung/breathing problems, loss of taste/smell (impairing the senses much?)

I'm sure a bit of research will bring up just a couple more problems.
Well long term effects of marijuana haven't been studied well so comparing long term effects is rather moot.

But on a use-by use basis, I would say that smoking marijuana is worse.
Old 02-20-2011 at 04:49 PM   #25
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Lol @ people saying marijuana is 'bad'.

Using a vaporizer, there's very very little (if any) harmful smoke, just active THC content.

THC has also been shown to kill aging cells in the lung that are more likely to undergo mutations.

Cigarettes is one of the stupidest things you can try - it's literally anywhere from $15-$50 dollars a week for the rest of your life for no reason beyond the fact that you're addicted to it.

EDIT: Marijuana does contain carcinogens, though.

siefer1322 says thanks to Alchemist11 for this post.

Mahratta, siefer1322 like this.
Old 02-20-2011 at 04:50 PM   #26
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Quote:
I was referring more to the fact that both affect your health negatively because of the smoke but I see where you are coming from.

Once you start smoking weed, you have to treat it exactly like alcohol in my opinion. Both affect your ability to function and because of that the same rules should apply to both. I hate it when someone will say weed is bad while they get drunk. Pretty hypocritical..
Old 02-20-2011 at 04:51 PM   #27
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Well long term effects of marijuana haven't been studied well so comparing long term effects is rather moot.

But on a use-by use basis, I would say that smoking marijuana is worse.
You're the one that compared the short term effects to long term effects (read: slowly giving you cancer)

Old 02-20-2011 at 05:02 PM   #28
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
You're the one that compared the short term effects to long term effects (read: slowly giving you cancer)
Well if I just put "makes you smell funny" people would call me on it, since everyone knows very well the long term effects of cigarettes.
Old 02-20-2011 at 05:50 PM   #29
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

How irresponsible of a mother of 4 to do, but I'm glad that at least justice is being served.

http://newsok.com/how-31-of-pot-gave...ad_story_title

Edit: And the article is clearly biased in favor of the criminal, don't let that impact your opinions, drug dealers deserve to be locked up.

Last edited by Souldier : 02-20-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-20-2011 at 07:45 PM   #30
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
How irresponsible of a mother of 4 to do, but I'm glad that at least justice is being served.

http://newsok.com/how-31-of-pot-gave...ad_story_title

Edit: And the article is clearly biased in favor of the criminal, don't let that impact your opinions, drug dealers deserve to be locked up.
I like how the US don't tolerate around when it comes to marijuana.

Quote:
“We were under the impression we would get probation. When I left for court, I just knew I was coming back home. It hit me like a ton of bricks. There were no goodbyes, they took me away right then. How do you tell your children you are going to prison? How do you prepare for this?”

Uhm, by not doing things that can get you charge under the Criminal Code?