MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Someone explain this to me Yakattack General Discussion 16 09-22-2010 02:04 PM
Can someone explain iClickers to me? Kathy2 Academics 11 09-14-2010 06:29 PM
Please Explain. lorend General Discussion 45 01-17-2010 10:53 PM
Could someone explain the mealplan to me? Porsche First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-14-2009 04:43 PM
someone please explain the reasoning behind this lorend General Discussion 36 05-29-2008 06:15 PM

So can anyone explain this

Old 08-17-2010 at 01:16 AM   #1
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

Liked: 14 Times

So can anyone explain this
So I signed up to take BIO 1MO3, once the schedule came out I really wanted to switch my tutorial section.

I log into Solar...

click to modify BIO 1M03...

and I see that there are spaces available for both core sections in term one ( when im taking it) and yet ALL the tutorial sections are FULL

HOW does that make any sense.. if someone wanted to sign up for the course they wouldnt be able to.. never mind just switch a tutorial section like I want to!!

I emailed the registrar about it.. when i was in first year ( im going to third now).. the same thing happened to me with math 1ls3.. they had to specially open up a tutorial spot for me although the core sections had available space-- no reply yet.

anyone else notice this with any other course or have some sort of explanation as to HOW a mandatory portion of the course is capped off at a lower number of student then the core section? ..
Old 08-17-2010 at 01:25 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

You should try contacting the biology department. They are the ones that decide how many TAs to higher and how many tutorials to have.
Old 08-17-2010 at 01:31 AM   #3
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

Liked: 14 Times

I may, I dont know if theyll do all that much for me considering im IN the course and have a non conflicting tutorial section... I just REALLY want to change it.

But I could bring it to their attention I suppose.

The case with 1LS3 in my first year.. -- whoever it was at the registrar was not seeing that it was full in their view this problem didnt exist.. all the tutorial sections were showing available spaces .. it might be the same case