MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone having problems getting into Avenue? xxsumz Computers & Tech 6 09-28-2010 04:47 PM
Problems on SOLAR Little First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-03-2010 10:37 PM
Payment Agreement Questions & Problems (2008) jass First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 08-11-2008 12:35 PM
SOLAR Problems kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 1 06-20-2008 10:44 AM

SOLAR 2008 - Problems

Old 06-18-2008 at 05:57 PM   #16
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

...but this year may be different
Old 06-19-2008 at 07:40 AM   #17
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I tried for 2 hours last night and gave up. I went on at 7 am and got it all done in less than 10 mins =)
Old 06-19-2008 at 09:33 AM   #18
McIntyre

Liked: 182 Times

Yeah it really sucks if you have a lot of limited registration courses/electives that are hard to get into. Does it let you save a few at a time? I remember last year i tried that but it wouldn't let me because it said I wasn't taking enough courses. I think you have to have at least 6 before it will let you save (18 units).
Old 06-19-2008 at 01:37 PM   #19
Cubit

Liked: 2 Times

Contact your dean's office - I've had endless troubles with prereqs and the registrar always sent me there - If they can't help you, they will probably send you to someone who can

Physics & Astronomy.

------
To Maxwell:" But Sir, what use is it?"
Maxwell: "Madam, what use is a new born babe?"
------
Old 06-19-2008 at 04:56 PM   #20
cellomello

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks guys for all your help! I contacted the undergrad advisor for Geo and Earth Sciences, and he made a waiver for me so I was able to add the course =)
Old 06-19-2008 at 06:30 PM   #21
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Excellent! Great to hear that cellomello!
Old 06-19-2008 at 11:07 PM   #22
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

The elective course I wanted was full after the first nite. *sigh*

I'm currently fighting with MUGSI now.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-20-2008 at 02:06 AM   #23
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

McIntyre,
I saved only two courses so it should let you do the same.

After 3 hours of fighting with MUGSI I am finally registered in all the classes I want... well all the ones I want that they're offering

BOOYA

But now I'm not so sleepy...

Old 06-20-2008 at 02:33 AM   #24
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I only managed to get onto SOLAR once in the past hour and a half (so since 2AM).

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-20-2008 at 09:12 AM   #25
caroline54

Liked: 10 Times

I HATE solar. I had so many problems with it last night!!! I was trying to get on mugsi and solar from 12am-3am and I only managed once because it was always full. After I did log onto solar, I had enough time to pick one course before it kicked me off because it said solar had crashed. It crashed about a million times last night. I gave up and went to sleep, and woke up at 6 to pick the courses, and half of the ones I wanted were already full!!!

SO frustrating!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2008 at 09:25 AM   #26
McIntyre

Liked: 182 Times

SOLAR Blows!!! Its really hard too if you're trying to do a minor in another faculty because courses have a limited number of spots for those from a different faculty. And generally the courses are full by the time 4th years are done picking!
Old 06-20-2008 at 10:07 AM   #27
b_sunshine55

Liked: 1 Time

i got on at 12:30 last night and picked 4 courses before it crashed on me, then at 1:30 when i finally got on again, 3 of my courses were already full!
Old 06-20-2008 at 12:54 PM   #28
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

I tried last night from 12 till 4..... :( I was online w/ all my friends and everyone one got on except me!! i didn't even get a chance to log in past mugsi that many times only like 3 times. and only on solar once.. stupid thing.. I clicked one course i wanted to take, and it was full. then it crashed on me.. then i got annoyed and decided to go to bed. thank god i don't even get that many electives, so it doesn't matter when i get on cause they are all pretty much required courses and they have to have a spot for me

eventually i woke up at 8 to do it again.
i was hoping that everyone would have been done by then, and that it was close to the 8:30 time where they were gonna close, so no one would be on.. so yeah. i finally got on. and only that one course i wanted was full..i don't know why tho, but payment agreement doesn't seem to work for me. oh well.. i'll just keep trying..and it sucks how alot of courses are full according to my friends... and its only 3rd years picking... feel bad for the 1st and 2nd years now. haha. good luck everyone.
Old 06-20-2008 at 02:00 PM   #29
Cubit

Liked: 2 Times

I dread having to go on SOLAR tonight - I can't get to it until I get off of work. Luckily I don't think I'll be taking any out of faculty courses this year.

Physics & Astronomy.

------
To Maxwell:" But Sir, what use is it?"
Maxwell: "Madam, what use is a new born babe?"
------
Old 06-20-2008 at 02:45 PM   #30
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

this sucks, I have a class that is elective I want in because its a neat class and a popular one... so I registered in it early. Its offered both semesters.

I got into the first semester class and now a few days later realized I have a conflict with another class, and it fits perfectly into second semester but now BOTH sections are full, so I can't switch... and I also dont want to give up my seat .. so looks like I'll have to keep trying each day and also during drop/add week to see if someone drops it and I can grab it quick for the 2nd semester core, then drop my seat in the first semester core.

its my own fault though, not SOLAR's