MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solar a.aqsha First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 08-07-2011 11:05 PM
just got into solar but.. Reda General Discussion 10 07-12-2011 09:06 AM
Anyone in Solar? JayChu Academics 4 07-11-2011 12:38 AM
Forum glitch where you can't see the latest posts in threads Souldier General Discussion 9 10-14-2010 07:31 PM
Solar Help sinthusized Academics 10 04-08-2009 05:45 PM

Is this a solar glitch?

Old 08-13-2012 at 03:05 PM   #1
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Is this a solar glitch?
For Chem 1A03, about 90% of the labs are fulled, but 90% of the tutorials are empty :S

How can that be?
Old 08-13-2012 at 03:12 PM   #2
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

i remember seeing the samething when i chose 1AA3 last year. Not sure of what the cause was.

Last edited by jon.john23 : 08-13-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2012 at 03:15 PM   #3
naval23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon.john23 View Post
i remember seeing the something when i chose 1AA3 last year. Not sure of what the cause was.
Yeah, is it like tutorials have 10x the capacity of labs or something?
Old 08-13-2012 at 03:40 PM   #4
rsakura

Liked: 1 Time

on my original timetable, the Chem 1A03 lab and tutorial both conflict with each other. The lab is around the same time as the tutorial. Since they are both every other week, does that mean that there will be no conflicts with my timetable? Is the same professor teaching the tutorial and lab then? Will he/she be conducting the lab one week and the tutorial the next week?
Old 08-13-2012 at 04:00 PM   #5
rsakura

Liked: 1 Time

the same problem is with Chem 1AA3..for some reason I can only pick labs and tutorials ending with the same number. The problem is that both of them usually conflict with each other.

naval23 says thanks to rsakura for this post.
Old 08-13-2012 at 04:06 PM   #6
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsakura View Post
on my original timetable, the Chem 1A03 lab and tutorial both conflict with each other. The lab is around the same time as the tutorial. Since they are both every other week, does that mean that there will be no conflicts with my timetable? Is the same professor teaching the tutorial and lab then? Will he/she be conducting the lab one week and the tutorial the next week?
You're thread-jacking and the answer is in many threads asking the same question, but I'll answer everything so it's out of the way for the OP's question.

Labs run every other week, while tutorials run every week.

No, they don't conflict, as the tutorials are not mandatory. You are assigned to a tutorial, but you are not required to go to that one. You may choose to attend whichever fits your schedule or whenever you wish.

Professors only teach lectures (Core/C## on your timetable - except in Psych). Tutorials are handled by tutorial TAs that teach in a small classroom setting, much like a study group session, except handled much more professionally. Labs are handled by lab TAs who grade your performances and write-ups and assist you in the duration of the lab.

TL;DR: Yeah, technically, they conflict on paper, but you don't have to go to your tutorial. You can attend any you want, because there are no attendance points or assignments to be handed in the tutorials.
Old 08-13-2012 at 10:56 PM   #7
naval23

Yeah, what if this glitch isn't fixed? I think more people should be having a problem with this. It's impossible to switch labs/tutorials in Chem