MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGSI/SOLAR Rage goodnews.inc Academics 212 09-09-2011 06:53 AM
Serious thread is serious Kendoon General Discussion 9 11-06-2010 03:20 PM
Daily game Nov 03 : Rage Arena Chad Daily Game 0 11-03-2010 04:38 AM
What makes you rage @ Mac? (FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU) MacEng General Discussion 30 01-20-2010 08:49 PM
old cs thread kevinf Gaming 21 12-29-2009 12:51 PM

SOLAR RAGE. [venting thread]

Old 08-10-2011 at 12:58 PM   #256
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ish- View Post
All of you people complaining seriously need to look at the things you are doing. If you are constantly clicking on SOLAR you WILL get IN .. iv been through it 3 times now. The majority of you are surfing the net / playing games n complaining that MUGSI/SOLAR is inefficient. To an extent it is, & I do agree with that, but you need to play the part of taking a stance n just concentrating on wht ur doing for once. I don't mean to be harsh.. but that's just how it is. If you keep trying, you'll get in.
I agree it's really really frustrating but I've gotten in twice once for me and once for a friend so just keep trying!
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:00 PM   #257
H.L.

Liked: 2 Times

Hi,

Can someone please check to see if Biochem 4M03 is open? Thanks. I've been trying to get on since 8:30 and have had not any luck so far. :( Thanks.
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:07 PM   #258
Zimonada

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
All of you people complaining seriously need to look at the things you are doing. If you are constantly clicking on SOLAR you WILL get IN .. iv been through it 3 times now. The majority of you are surfing the net / playing games n complaining that MUGSI/SOLAR is inefficient. To an extent it is, & I do agree with that, but you need to play the part of taking a stance n just concentrating on wht ur doing for once. I don't mean to be harsh.. but that's just how it is. If you keep trying, you'll get in.
You haven't even started first year yet and you've already got it down pat.

Well done, grasshopper.

-Ish- says thanks to Zimonada for this post.

-Ish-, shockalot like this.
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:13 PM   #259
yoshimay

Liked: 0 Times

Okay, I finally got in, but I'm new to this. I was told that I'd have to pick my tutorials, but it looks like they've already been assigned to me. Does that mean I'm done and can log off?
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:15 PM   #260
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshimay View Post
Okay, I finally got in, but I'm new to this. I was told that I'd have to pick my tutorials, but it looks like they've already been assigned to me. Does that mean I'm done and can log off?
NO!

Click 'modify' from the drop down menu beside your class.
That will allow you to change the tutorials.

MASTER TIMETABLE

The link above will show you that different tutorials happen during different times of the week/day.
Same with cores! and labs!

People modify their schedules so they can meet their own needs.
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:15 PM   #261
Zimonada

Pretty much, unless you want to swap your tutorial time around (if you can do that). Same goes for anything else you want to and can switch around.

But no, there's nothing you have to be on for. Hell, people would probably be happier if you did get off :p
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:15 PM   #262
xxorianna

Liked: 5 Times

left the computer for 2 minutes only to find my dad had taken over the computer >.<. now i have to use our crappy 7 year old one that doesnt even have a mouse. fml
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:16 PM   #263
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxorianna View Post
left the computer for 2 minutes only to find my dad had taken over the computer >.<. now i have to use our crappy 7 year old one that doesnt even have a mouse. fml
That is a bummer.
Perhaps you won't make that Tetris headline afterall...
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:18 PM   #264
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Agree.

This is my third year using SOLAR, and every year I've been able to get in within no more than 10 minutes. Yes, it sucks that you have to click over and over again for 5-10 minutes, but if you can't dedicate 10 minutes out of a day to do it, university is gonna be tough.
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:19 PM   #265
yoshimay

***! I accidentally logged out. Now I have to click 1 million more times.
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:33 PM   #266
thatdudeukno

I just sent UTS an email about this. This is absolutely ridiculous, we should be able to access our course page any time we please! I pay over 8 thousand for tuition, this is ****ing unacceptable.
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:49 PM   #267
weizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudeukno View Post
I just sent UTS an email about this. This is absolutely ridiculous, we should be able to access our course page any time we please! I pay over 8 thousand for tuition, this is ****ing unacceptable.
life isn't fair
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:51 PM   #268
yaroslav64

Liked: 26 Times

I've been trying for 20 minutes, just clicking solar OVER AND OVER. It just wont work.
Old 08-10-2011 at 02:00 PM   #269
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Agree.

This is my third year using SOLAR, and every year I've been able to get in within no more than 10 minutes. Yes, it sucks that you have to click over and over again for 5-10 minutes, but if you can't dedicate 10 minutes out of a day to do it, university is gonna be tough.
I usually subscribe to this line of thought, but honestly, today.. I cannot get in. MUGSI, sure no problem. But SOLAR won't budge.

britb, TheCrucible like this.
Old 08-10-2011 at 02:01 PM   #270
oranges

Just keep trying. I've gotten in twice so far, and the second time took almost an hour of nonstop clicking. It's a pain but you'll get in eventually if you just keep clicking. Also the traffic seems to be letting up a bit from what I can tell, so that's a good sign.