MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electives questions jubilantx Academics 1 11-26-2011 02:30 PM
Can 2nd year students select 1st year electives? Daman K Academics 8 09-08-2010 08:03 PM
Questions relating to electives and prerequistie amit First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-01-2008 07:56 AM
questions about electives for business leve 1 maren3614 Academics 2 06-27-2008 08:49 AM
Payment Agreement and electives questions maclover First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-11-2008 10:43 AM

Some questions about electives for Year 1

Old 06-25-2012 at 03:11 PM   #1
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Some questions about electives for Year 1
Can anyone give me any thoughts on these electives? If you have any electives (First-year) that you strongly recommend can you let me know?

Health and Aging - is there a debate for this course that you get marked on?

I've tried looking on the forums, but the reviews have been a few years old, so I want some current opinions of people.

If you've taken any geography or environmental science course, do you recommend it if I'm looking for an easy mark (by easy, I mean if I study the lectures daily, can I get a 12?).

I don't know which environmental science and geography courses to pick as electives.

And I know I'll get different opinions, but if you have any courses you thought were bird courses, can you let me know.
Old 06-25-2012 at 03:20 PM   #2
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

You wanna study lectures everyday for an easy class? you won't lol.

naval23 says thanks to Silver for this post.

naval23 likes this.
Old 06-25-2012 at 03:34 PM   #3
5.98e24

Liked: 12 Times

I suggest Enviro Sci 1A03 and Math 1LT3. The first is a popular bird course because it's very chill and the only tough part are tutorial assignments, just because the TAs are tough markers. But you definitely won't need to study the lectures everyday. Math 1LT3 requires a little more work because there are two midterms/tests, whereas enviro sci has none. Math 1LT3 is very relaxed though.

naval23 says thanks to 5.98e24 for this post.

naval23 likes this.
Old 06-25-2012 at 07:39 PM   #4
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.98e24 View Post
I suggest Enviro Sci 1A03 and Math 1LT3. The first is a popular bird course because it's very chill and the only tough part are tutorial assignments, just because the TAs are tough markers. But you definitely won't need to study the lectures everyday. Math 1LT3 requires a little more work because there are two midterms/tests, whereas enviro sci has none. Math 1LT3 is very relaxed though.
Thank you. I was looking at my potential year 1 electives and none of them seem like bird courses -_-

I have the 2 Econs, but just in case that doesn't go through, I may end up taking Enviro Sci 1A03, Health & Aging.
Old 06-30-2012 at 01:21 PM   #5
camelie

Liked: 0 Times

Not sure which health & aging course you're talking about, but I took both first year courses. I took 1BB3 in June with LeBlanc and 1AA3 in Term 2 with Neiterman. There was no debate for either course. 1BB3 had 2 discussions with senior volunteers that you had to do in order to write a paper, but that was it. I don't know if some of the TAs make you do things like that in tutorials, but mine never did. That being said, I didn't have a TA for 1BB3, probably because I took it during the summer.