MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How prerequisites work LouLou Academics 7 06-05-2012 01:29 AM
Social Work 3F03 - social work with groups sinthusized 3rd Year Course Reviews 0 12-10-2011 03:54 PM
Way too much work Rakim Academics 0 11-18-2010 07:00 PM
work and school? MacStudent1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 08-10-2010 01:14 PM
Mac Id/mugsi Does Not Work aya. First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-15-2010 06:48 PM

Somewhere to eat and do work

Old 09-10-2013 at 10:56 AM   #1
patriots4eva

Liked: 5 Times

Somewhere to eat and do work
Hi ,

So I just started at Mac, and am commuting so I bring my own food everyday to school. Just wondering if anyone knows any places to eat and do homework that isn't loud or super busy. I noticed the student centre is crazy, and I would prefer somewhere inside. I read that we can eat in the library? But anywhere else would be good to know!

Thanks
Old 09-10-2013 at 11:24 AM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Libraries usually. Most places on campus will be loud, unless you can find a classroom, but if its mid-day, you might get kicked out if there's a class

patriots4eva says thanks to blackdragon for this post.
Old 09-10-2013 at 11:52 AM   #3
MiniDragon

Liked: 60 Times

Second floor thode is pretty decent.

patriots4eva says thanks to MiniDragon for this post.
Old 09-10-2013 at 11:53 AM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

During school hours? Upper level libraries. I like thode best for that

patriots4eva says thanks to Leeoku for this post.
Old 09-10-2013 at 01:42 PM   #5
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

they opened up a new place in the basement of student centre, doesn't look too bad

patriots4eva says thanks to drpatel for this post.
Old 09-11-2013 at 07:21 PM   #6
Bigmacfatpack

Liked: 13 Times

I think there's an off-campus student area where they have microwaves, seats, etc. for studying and hanging out.

Otherwise, libraries DO allow you to eat.

Try going to empty classrooms in TSH, MDCL (really good nice rooms!), or KTH They are very quiet places to study if you can find a room that isn't being used for tutorial.

Also, Health Sci library 2nd floor!
Old 09-11-2013 at 09:14 PM   #7
AvacadoLover
Account Locked

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmacfatpack View Post
Otherwise, libraries DO allow you to eat.
People need to add a disclaimer of no stinky food whenever they recommend a student to eat at a library. Keep those curries at home please!