MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 7 Welcome Screen Desda Computers & Tech 12 07-21-2010 08:35 AM
Convert Glossy screen to Matte? Allan General Discussion 5 08-22-2009 11:29 AM
What screen size do you prefer/have for a laptop? kanishka General Discussion 19 07-08-2009 11:35 PM
Flat-screen monitor ladyh General Discussion 5 01-08-2008 11:28 PM

sony vaio screen problems

Old 09-06-2010 at 09:36 PM   #1
Qadd

Liked: 3 Times

sony vaio screen problems
Hey, I bought my Sony Vaio from future shop about two months ago, and it already has problems =.=

anyway, there's something that blocks the screen and the mouse cursor. I have uploaded some photos of what this looks like (as you can see, the colours vary every time I turn it off/on). Do you know of any way to fix this? The bluetooth on my laptop also doesn't work...

It may be helpful to add that I have a 3 year future shop store warranty, but my friend said they take like two months to fix it. Uni is starting soon and I need a laptop, so that's not good. In fact, I have no idea how to bus to future shop, I'm new to hamilton and I don't know how to bus there.

If it is best to take it to future shop, is it best that I save my stuff in case they get deleted? Thanks a lot!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00019.JPG (465.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00020.JPG (520.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-06-2010 at 09:54 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qadd View Post
Hey, I bought my Sony Vaio from future shop about two months ago, and it already has problems =.=

anyway, there's something that blocks the screen and the mouse cursor. I have uploaded some photos of what this looks like (as you can see, the colours vary every time I turn it off/on). Do you know of any way to fix this? The bluetooth on my laptop also doesn't work...

It may be helpful to add that I have a 3 year future shop store warranty, but my friend said they take like two months to fix it. Uni is starting soon and I need a laptop, so that's not good. In fact, I have no idea how to bus to future shop, I'm new to hamilton and I don't know how to bus there.

If it is best to take it to future shop, is it best that I save my stuff in case they get deleted? Thanks a lot!!
1. You can use Google Maps to find directions (which includes public transit).

2. You should ALWAYS back up your stuff before getting it fixed.
Old 09-06-2010 at 09:54 PM   #3
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Considering its only been two months I would try and see if they will provide you with a replacement for this obvious dud. Your new laptop should not start to malfunction within such a short period of time and two months for repairs is obviously an unacceptable wait time for a student.
Old 09-06-2010 at 09:59 PM   #4
Qadd

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Considering its only been two months I would try and see if they will provide you with a replacement for this obvious dud. Your new laptop should not start to malfunction within such a short period of time and two months for repairs is obviously an unacceptable wait time for a student.
Yeah, I plan to tell them about that. I don't even use it that often, and even when I do use it, it's for normal stuff...
Old 09-06-2010 at 10:01 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qadd View Post
Yeah, I plan to tell them about that. I don't even use it that often, and even when I do use it, it's for normal stuff...
In the meantime you can borrow a friend's laptop or use the computers in the library. If you were planning on taking notes on your laptop, you'll have to resort to pen & paper.
Old 09-08-2010 at 11:48 PM   #6
ac324

Liked: 0 Times

Yeah just take it in. They had to replace the motherboard on my Sony Vaio and it only took about 5 business days. Mind you i went directly to Sony's Certified Support Shop to fix it. Best to do it sooner than later when mid terms start rolling around..