MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MOSAIC will not work on MS Windows 8.1 Pro takeiteasy Academics 1 12-23-2014 07:05 PM
How good is MOSAIC going to be? lightsms Academics 6 08-13-2013 09:06 PM
Blocked Registration for Spring/Summer dallaitr First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 03-23-2012 12:43 AM
Spring term changturkey First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-30-2010 11:14 AM
Spring Masters ? Kathy2 General Discussion 4 10-07-2009 12:55 AM

Spring Mosaic Registration?

Old 03-16-2015 at 09:50 AM   #1
soltintal

Liked: 38 Times

Spring Mosaic Registration?
Have always done Fall - Solar registration where you get the list of your faculty/year and it says your registration opens on *** day at 12:01am.

Now first time trying to do Spring registration through Mosaic. I see it says that it opens on Mar 23rd. But does anybody know WHAT TIME registration opens? Just wondering if I need to be up at midnight.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2015 at 09:05 AM   #2
chrisA

Liked: 15 Times

From http://www.mcmaster.ca/mosaic/student/summary.html

Quote:
Enrollment (formerly called registration)
Implementing Mosaic was an opportunity for the University to overhaul its student enrollment process (and to also change the name of the process from "registration" to "enrollment"). Prior to course enrollment students can pre-select their desired courses through an academic planner function and organize their entire academic program. Rather than the previous practice of choosing courses and later getting a timetable, McMaster students will now directly enroll in a specific class. Undergraduate fall/winter registration with the midnight registration rush and its 45-minute time restriction have been replaced with "enrollment appointments" at assigned times. (Note: appointments will only be used in June for fall/winter enrollment, spring/summer enrollment is open to all.) Students will be assigned an enrollment appointment time, based on their academic level. When their appoint time arrives, students can login to enroll in classes. A student's class schedule is automatically generated as they enroll. Students can continue to add, drop or swap courses until the last day to drop a class for the term.

soltintal says thanks to chrisA for this post.
Old 03-17-2015 at 11:28 AM   #3
soltintal

I do appreciate this, but I'm still looking for when it actually opens. I've looked at the Mosaic timetable of events and it simply says it's available on the 23rd but not WHEN.
Old 03-17-2015 at 04:48 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltintal View Post
I do appreciate this, but I'm still looking for when it actually opens. I've looked at the Mosaic timetable of events and it simply says it's available on the 23rd but not WHEN.
The paragraph that chrisA quoted tells you when...
Old 03-18-2015 at 03:26 AM   #5
maymagn

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
The paragraph that chrisA quoted tells you when...
Available on March 23 . Try any time March 23.
Old 03-18-2015 at 12:10 PM   #6
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

My guess is that they're aiming for 12:01 am but be prepared for system crashes all day while they sort out the bugs that are inherent in launching a new platform at this scale.

soltintal says thanks to ashleighp for this post.

soltintal likes this.
Old 03-19-2015 at 12:57 PM   #7
soltintal

Starfish: Really? where? all I see is spring enrollment is open to all - no time.
Old 03-19-2015 at 03:38 PM   #8
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

I just logged onto Mosaic -- the student portal will open Monday morning, spring/summer registration starts at noon.

Menzies, patriots4eva, soltintal all say thanks to ashleighp for this post.

soltintal likes this.
Old 03-21-2015 at 06:01 AM   #9
soltintal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleighp View Post
I just logged onto Mosaic -- the student portal will open Monday morning, spring/summer registration starts at noon.
Thank you thank you thank you!!
Old 03-22-2015 at 07:49 AM   #10
patriots4eva

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleighp View Post
Just wondering where you found this? I would like to see if there is additional information about summer registration.
Old 03-22-2015 at 11:17 PM   #11
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

I'm staff as well as a student so I already had access to Mosaic. There was a news item on the front page after I logged in.

Quote:
Student access Monday at 9 a.m. Enrolment (registration) for Spring/Summer begins at noon.

Mosaic Student Centre will open for student users on Monday, March 23 at 9 a.m.
Enrolment (registration) for the Spring/Summer term will open March 23 at noon.
Begining on Monday March 23, Students with questions about processes or using the system should first look at the help materials on the Mosaic Home tab or Student Guide tab. Also, student can ask a question via the “Ask McMaster” box in the middle of the left-hand side of the Mosaic landing page after they log in.

Students who need additional help should approach the office that normally handles the particular issue. For example, a concern about an account balance should be directed to Student Accounts, a concern about a transcript would be directed to the Registrar’s Office, etc.

patriots4eva, soltintal all say thanks to ashleighp for this post.

soltintal likes this.
Old 03-22-2015 at 11:20 PM   #12
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

It opens 9am, and enrolment for spring/summer starts at NOON

I've just posted more details here: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1002 07

soltintal says thanks to Chad for this post.

soltintal likes this.
Old 03-23-2015 at 04:58 AM   #13
soltintal

thank goodness you have access to that information. Would've been nice had they outlined that clearly in a place accessible to students. Thanks to you guys for keeping us in the loop Chad and ashleighp.

ashleighp says thanks to soltintal for this post.

patriots4eva likes this.
Old 03-23-2015 at 10:04 AM   #14
Menzies

Liked: 10 Times

When I am in Mosaic, though, and click on Enrollment Dates (Spring) it lists tomorrow not today. Hopefully at noon we will find out what is happening.