MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Question about summer school and grad school apps bruni Academics 4 05-05-2012 07:05 AM
Night/Summer School? (high school level) Zimonada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-20-2011 01:12 PM
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
HSR Summer passes for Summer Students? aviaf General Discussion 3 05-13-2009 03:52 AM
Summer HSR Passes lorend MacInsiders Announcements 12 04-26-2009 10:18 PM

Summer School HSR Passes

Those still using their student card to get on the HSR be aware that the Free HSR bus pass sticker is only valid until the end of April. After that, you will no longer be able to get on the HSR for free. You need to purchase a summer pass.

You can take advantage of a discounted pass, available only to McMaster summer students called the "HSR Summer Semester Pass". It is available for purchase at Compass Information Centre, located in McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC) Marketplace.

The following criteria must be met:
  • Must have a valid 2012 McMaster summer school sticker affixed to MAC ID card at time of purchase
  • Limit one per student
  • MAC student card, in addition to summer pass, required when riding HSR
  • Only available at Compass

PRICING
You can purchase a one, two, three or four month pass:

4 month pass – on sale April 18 – May 18 - $284
3 month pass – on sale May 28 – June 15 - $213
2 month pass – on sale June 25 – July 16 - $142
1 month pass – on sale July 23 - $71

akikokoyoki, CompassIC, jim1 all say thanks to Chad for this post.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 04-27-2012 at 10:16 AM   #2
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times
I was looking at GO's website, and not sure if people are aware, but if you have a GO monthly pass, you can get an HSR pass for $15. Not sure if it works with a student discount though, worth a shot!

http://gotransitnlb.gotransi t.com/...onnecting.aspx

Chad, jim1 like this.

Old 04-29-2012 at 09:59 PM   #3
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times
Presto isn't bad either

Old 05-01-2012 at 01:15 PM   #4
sam_akbari

Liked: 23 Times
This is a stupid question but, if the cost is 2.25 (lets say) can i just give that change to the bus driver in the bus? Because im far from any booth to order tickets, and my bloody summer school sticker hasn't arrived yet T______T.

Old 05-01-2012 at 01:19 PM   #5
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_akbari View Post
This is a stupid question but, if the cost is 2.25 (lets say) can i just give that change to the bus driver in the bus? Because im far from any booth to order tickets, and my bloody summer school sticker hasn't arrived yet T______T.
you have to use exact change and put it in the coin machine. they don't make any exceptions.

it's 2.55 if anyone is wondering.

edit: also, while I'm posting:
if anyone is going just for the first term or one term in general, consider buying the regular one month hsr pass for 87 dollars. better option than to invest in the 4 month pass if you're not going to be using it past your summer school term.

edit 2: this is my 700th post :'D

sam_akbari says thanks to anon491 for this post.

Old 05-01-2012 at 01:20 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_akbari View Post
No, it specifies "exact fare". I'm fairly certain it's for safety, just like the TTC.

Old 05-01-2012
sam_akbari
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 05-01-2012 at 01:47 PM   #7
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
No, it specifies "exact fare". I'm fairly certain it's for safety, just like the TTC.
Exact fare can be in change, too. Also, if you only happen to have a toonie and a loonie, you can still board the bus, you'll just be paying more

Old 05-01-2012 at 01:54 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Exact fare can be in change, too. Also, if you only happen to have a toonie and a loonie, you can still board the bus, you'll just be paying more
Oh, totally read the question wrong. I thought the OP was asking if he can get change from the driver >.<

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search