MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Welcome Week 2009 Photos Days 6-8 temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-20-2009 06:32 PM
Test Days? blackdragon Academics 16 08-06-2009 11:31 AM
12 Days of Quarters... Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-18-2009 10:20 PM
The McMaster World Congress is taking place this week! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 01-15-2008 11:54 AM
Snow Days smiley12 General Discussion 2 12-17-2007 12:32 AM

who is taking 3 days off per week ??

Old 08-25-2010 at 01:24 AM   #1
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

who is taking 3 days off per week ??
i was luck to have no classes on friday 1st term and no classes monday 2nd term .. who else did this?
Old 08-25-2010 at 01:30 AM   #2
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Wednesdays and Fridays off first term and Mondays off second term
Old 08-25-2010 at 11:23 AM   #3
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

You SoSci people

Old 08-25-2010 at 11:26 AM   #4
Jason036

Liked: 25 Times

I have classes everyday of the week
Old 08-25-2010 at 11:27 AM   #5
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Engineering -- no days off. :(

Though I only have 1hr of class on Friday in term 1 and 2hrs in term 2. That's pretty lucky.
Old 08-25-2010 at 11:39 AM   #6
Rubicon

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
You SoSci people
x2....
Old 08-25-2010 at 11:42 AM   #7
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

what is this non sense 3 days off per week? srsly?
god dame it
I was happy enough that I only had 2 lecture on friday but 3 days off?
Old 08-25-2010 at 11:51 AM   #8
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

THREE days off?

That must mean you either didn't take a full course load, and if you did, your two days of classes are packed.
Personally, I'd rather have my courses spread out in little bits, such as 1-2 classes a day every now and then. Some of my days have one lecture and a tutorial, which I suppose is the closest thing I get to a day off, given that I skip my tutorials (which I probably wont)

TeleKey likes this.
Old 08-25-2010 at 11:59 AM   #9
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
THREE days off?

That must mean you either didn't take a full course load, and if you did, your two days of classes are packed.
Personally, I'd rather have my courses spread out in little bits, such as 1-2 classes a day every now and then. Some of my days have one lecture and a tutorial, which I suppose is the closest thing I get to a day off, given that I skip my tutorials (which I probably wont)
It's perfectly reasonable to still have a day off in the week by taking a full course load. His program probably only requires 15 hours of classes each week. It's not unreasonable to put all that into 4 days. Don't forget, in high school you were in class for at least four or five hours a day.

Engineering on the other hand would be hard to balance in 4 days because you take 25 ish hours of class per week. I have no idea what you have to take in your program, but not all programs have the same number of hours of class, which might be why this seems too good to be true for you.

EDIT: Ohh, did you think he meant he has three days off DURING weekdays? He means with weekends, like Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
Old 08-25-2010 at 12:03 PM   #10
JL37

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theashe View Post
It's perfectly reasonable to still have a day off in the week by taking a full course load. His program probably only requires 15 hours of classes each week. It's not unreasonable to put all that into 4 days. Don't forget, in high school you were in class for at least four or five hours a day.

Engineering on the other hand would be hard to balance in 4 days because you take 25 ish hours of class per week. I have no idea what you have to take in your program, but not all programs have the same number of hours of class, which might be why this seems too good to be true for you.

EDIT: Ohh, did you think he meant he has three days off DURING weekdays? He means with weekends, like Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
Ya he is probably including the weekend with it! There is no way he could have three weekdays. And if he did then I want to know what program and what courses
Old 08-25-2010 at 12:09 PM   #11
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theashe View Post

Yeah, during weekdays. As a Humanities kid, I believe I'm in class about 18 hours a week. That's what I was told.

If he's including weekends, then it's all cool hahaha
Old 08-25-2010 at 12:17 PM   #12
eleduc

Liked: 49 Times

Its totally possible. In second year I had Tuesdays and Fridays off all year long. I was only on campus Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and I had 18 hours of class a week. It was great. This year I have Fridays off.
Old 08-25-2010 at 01:09 PM   #13
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

Nope, classes all week for me - hurray to 8:30AM-Latin classes-followed-by-full-days-of-courses-all-week-which-are-topped-off-with-3-hour-lectures-at-night! (sobs uncontrollably)
Old 08-25-2010 at 01:20 PM   #14
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

I WISH I could have an extra day off...too bad the courses I need to move are only available at one or two times.
Old 08-25-2010 at 01:34 PM   #15
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 468 Times

I have no classes Friday both semesters, all social work classes are three hours once a week, day or night. So I have an open timetable, kind of sucks though, have two three hour classes in a row on Wed, but oh well, people have it worse.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)