MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taxi to GO Centre Strategy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 10-30-2010 01:47 AM
Toronto Airport, Buffalo Airport jaason87 General Discussion 8 09-17-2010 11:23 PM
Getting to the airport MacLovin Automotive & Transportation 9 05-13-2010 12:44 PM
Taxi syan9184 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-30-2009 06:05 PM
Airport Pickup ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-03-2008 02:08 PM

taxi to toronto airport

Old 10-27-2010 at 07:25 PM   #1
jaason87

Liked: 0 Times

taxi to toronto airport
how much will it cost to take a taxi to toronto airport from our campus?
Old 10-27-2010 at 07:38 PM   #2
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

You can call most of the cab companies and they will give you a flat price to a common location such as Pearson, and that's exactly what you'll pay.

More reliable than anything anyone on the internet is going to tell you.
Old 10-27-2010 at 07:44 PM   #3
jackiemac

Liked: 71 Times

You could also consider one of the dedicated airport transfer companies like Red Car, which should be a bit cheaper than a taxi.
Old 10-27-2010 at 11:34 PM   #4
paulelastic

Liked: 2 Times

Generally, too much. (you are talking about metered cabs, right?)

On the other hand, there are companies that do airports only. Airways Transat is about $79 before tip.

There are other options like the GO Bus. I hear you can take the 2 GO buses to get to the airport, but they only run on weekdays.

I usually take the GO Bus to union (about $8), and then take a shuttle from the Royal York (http://www.torontoairportexp ress.com/ $21.95). The shuttle has on-board WiFi, which is nice. Total of $30 one way; it's not too bad, plus the trip's pretty comfortable.

The absolute cheapest but worst way to get to the airport is: 1) GO Bus to Union ($8); 2) TTC from Union to St George ($3); 3) TTC from St George to Kipling. 4) TTC shuttle from Kipling to airport (192). It'll only cost $11 but the travel time is 2.5 hours.
Old 10-28-2010 at 08:09 AM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulelastic View Post
The absolute cheapest but worst way to get to the airport is: 1) GO Bus to Union ($8); 2) TTC from Union to St George ($3); 3) TTC from St George to Kipling. 4) TTC shuttle from Kipling to airport (192). It'll only cost $11 but the travel time is 2.5 hours.
The cheapest (and easiest way) would technically be Mac --> Square One --> Pearson, which is probably around the same price as above, but the travel time would be no more than an hour and a half, even if you didn't take an express to Square One.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-28-2010 at 08:27 AM   #6
paulelastic

Liked: 2 Times

You are correct -- although the last time I had to take it, I discovered that the Square One GO Bus doesn't run on weekends (and in the summer). But yes, on a weekday during the school year, the GO bus route is much better.
Old 10-28-2010 at 08:29 AM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulelastic View Post
You are correct -- although the last time I had to take it, I discovered that the Square One GO Bus doesn't run on weekends (and in the summer). But yes, on a weekday during the school year, the GO bus route is much better.
True. You can get to Square One via Mississauga Transit on weekends (Compass has instructions). I'm not sure if the Pearson buses run on weekends, but I would imagine they would.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-29-2010 at 07:36 AM   #8
SmSm

Liked: 0 Times

it is $110 from the campus to Toronto airport using a cab