MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Condtional Offer! soody First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-13-2010 12:48 PM
retracted offer dede90 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-17-2010 05:26 AM
CUPE's Argument On Why TA/RAs Should Reject University Offer ramirez.a General Discussion 53 11-09-2009 09:37 PM
CUPE Members to vote on offer previously reject by the bargaining team DannyV General Discussion 13 11-05-2009 07:05 AM
After accepting the offer Meg543 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 46 04-12-2009 03:50 PM

Will they reject your offer if this happens?

Old 06-12-2010 at 05:40 PM   #16
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

Um what? Dual-Accounts...?

rexelle likes this.
Old 06-12-2010 at 06:20 PM   #17
rexelle

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase1313 View Post
thank you everyone so much! i cant wait to show her these responses she has been worrying to the point she 's made herself sick

Appreciate it!
wait a second. you weren't the one who asked the question..
something isnt right here.
Old 06-12-2010 at 06:24 PM   #18
Chase1313

Liked: 0 Times

haha i have two accounts the other account was my high school one which i cannot delete when i go on a sep comp it automatically goes to that one
Old 06-12-2010 at 06:25 PM   #19
dsahota

Liked: 83 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmzz View Post
Interest doesn't start accumulating for 6 months until you graduate. This includes ANY post-secondary full-time education. Meaning, if you go on for a Masters/ and/or PhD, you will not pay 6 months until after you get (all) your degrees.

Thought that was neat.
Slight correction from McMaster osap site http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/gradosap.html

Quote:
Interest accrues on your loan principal beginning the first day of the month following the end of your full-time study period. The actual interest rates and conditions for repayment are set at the time you enter repayment. On Canada Student Loans, the current fixed rate of interest is prime + 5% and the current variable (floating) rate is prime + 2.5%. Ontario Student Loans have an interest rate of prime + 1%.
So if you finish in April, interest starts accumulating as of May 1. You don't have to start making payments until 6 months after the of of full time studies, but interest is still accruing. If you get a job right after graduation its a good idea to start repaying right away to minimize the interest.
Old 06-12-2010 at 06:37 PM   #20
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

there! haha but seriously does anyone know how to delete an account?
Old 06-12-2010 at 06:40 PM   #21
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

So are you Chase Buttachanon or Jon Buttery, or none of the above

Old 06-12-2010 at 06:42 PM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sintos View Post
there! haha but seriously does anyone know how to delete an account?
Try contacting Chad, he's the webmaster.
Old 06-12-2010 at 06:47 PM   #23
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

ul never know ! but generally i dont use my actual name on threads (suppose im Chase Buttery..
Old 06-12-2010 at 07:13 PM   #24
Stan

Liked: 10 Times

Interest starts accumulating the day after your study period (after you graduate). The 6 month thing is a grace period for no obligation to pay till six month later but interest is still accrued.