MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Things that are annoying

Old 09-28-2010 at 09:12 PM   #286
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBatt View Post
hey, whyd that get deleted
It was deleted for advertising.

If you would like to make a thread asking people to vote for you for FYC, I don't see the harm in it (or perhaps a thread talking about the FYC elections, with a mention about the fact that you're running and what makes you a good candidate, etc).

However posting in random threads asking people to vote for you is definitely not allowed.

EDIT: I see you've already done that, please just use your old thread rather than creating a new one.

Last edited by Marlowe : 09-28-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-28-2010 at 09:25 PM   #287
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
BSB 147? Steep? PC 155 plz.

One of my biggest pet peeves is the fact that washroom stall doors go inward, and not outward. I love having an inch of space to squeeze my fat ass through without touching the damn toilet.
OMG, yeah! Esspecially when you have to carry a lot of stuff.
Old 09-28-2010 at 10:13 PM   #288
AlexBatt

Liked: 62 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
It was deleted for advertising.

If you would like to make a thread asking people to vote for you for FYC, I don't see the harm in it (or perhaps a thread talking about the FYC elections, with a mention about the fact that you're running and what makes you a good candidate, etc).

However posting in random threads asking people to vote for you is definitely not allowed.

EDIT: I see you've already done that, please just use your old thread rather than creating a new one.
alrightt, thanks man
Old 09-28-2010 at 10:34 PM   #289
KayakerDan

Liked: 86 Times

Whenever someone leaves their cellphone on in their bag during a midterm (even when it's on vibrate).

lawleypop likes this.
Old 09-30-2010 at 02:11 PM   #290
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
I hate that you have to wait ntil you've finished your coffee before you go to the bathroom. There's no where to put it! Unless you have someone to hold it for you. And I don't want to put it on the floor; the floor is disgusting.
Old 09-30-2010 at 02:23 PM   #291
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

no racism intended but the god damn brown people keep talking in class in a foreign language. STFU SO I CAN LISTEN TO THE LECTURE

Great Fatsby likes this.
Old 09-30-2010 at 08:15 PM   #292
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
no racism intended but the god damn brown people keep talking in class in a foreign language. STFU SO I CAN LISTEN TO THE LECTURE
Only the brown people and only in a foreign language? I find it's 100 times more difficult to concentrate when you understand the conversation. In fact, people talking in a foreign language doesn't bother me at all since I don't understand what they are saying. My brain automatically tunes that out.
Old 09-30-2010 at 08:18 PM   #293
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Only the brown people and only in a foreign language? I find it's 100 times more difficult to concentrate when you understand the conversation. In fact, people talking in a foreign language doesn't bother me at all since I don't understand what they are saying. My brain automatically tunes that out.
I get curious...and I try to figure out what language they're speaking, and pick out patterns, etc.
(This applies to anyone speaking any foreign language, not just brown people)
Old 09-30-2010 at 09:23 PM   #294
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

...When people make election announcements in lecture.

I'm here to learn something, nnot liste to you mumble about something I really don't care about enough to vote for two minutes. No one listens to them anyway because it never makes any difference who wins anything. If you want my attention set up a table in MUSC or something, don't waste my lecture time to boosting your resume.
Old 09-30-2010 at 10:31 PM   #295
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
I remember in residence, that Woodstock 3rd floor male bathroom had normal doors. They actually opened outward...only one in that building for some reason.

Last edited by xxsumz : 10-01-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-30-2010 at 10:53 PM   #296
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

I hate those really old chairs that are in some of the older classrooms used for tutorials. The ones with the desk attached. I can fit in them but I can't just slide in easily. I wonder how some people get into them; they're so tiny. And I know people are going to say, lose weight! But the fact is that people are just larger now then when those chairs/desks were made. We pay enough for tuition so buy some new chairs!
Old 09-30-2010 at 10:59 PM   #297
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I hate those really old chairs that are in some of the older classrooms used for tutorials. The ones with the desk attached. I can fit in them but I can't just slide in easily. I wonder how some people get into them; they're so tiny.
Be happy you can fit in them. some of us actually cant.

Even worse is when some stick-thin ***** takes the last desk with a top that flips up, and my 275 lb ass has to either squeeze into one that doesnt flip up, or stand at the back against the wall.
Old 09-30-2010 at 11:04 PM   #298
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Be happy you can fit in them. some of us actually cant.

Even worse is when some stick-thin ***** takes the last desk with a top that flips up, and my 275 lb ass has to either squeeze into one that doesnt flip up, or stand at the back against the wall.
Do you really have to stand at the back? I always wondered what people did if they couldn't fit into them. I usually come into tutorial at the last minute because I have to walk all the way across campus, so I'm usually the last one in. I don't see the other people get into their chairs, and some people I seriously wonder how they get in. That is certainly an incentive not to gain weight, though! Freshman 15!
Old 09-30-2010 at 11:08 PM   #299
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Do you really have to stand at the back? I always wondered what people did if they couldn't fit into them. I usually come into tutorial at the last minute because I have to walk all the way across campus, so I'm usually the last one in. I don't see the other people get into their chairs, and some people I seriously wonder how they get in. That is certainly an incentive not to gain weight, though! Freshman 15!
I CAN fit into them, but it's not easy, nor is it fun. Even worse is getting out afterwards. It's like when Winnie the Pooh got stuck in Rabbit's door/hole. So I stand.

bloodywarz, Entropy, sew12 like this.
Old 09-30-2010 at 11:18 PM   #300
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

the only thing that bothers me is when I stalk girls around campus and they report me to the police or something.