MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Things that are annoying

Old 09-25-2010 at 02:04 PM   #241
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblomfield View Post
Was it because it took so long to get to the end?
Yes actually! 13 pages... wow.
Old 09-25-2010 at 02:06 PM   #242
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
Here's one. People who come to class early and reserve seats for their friends, in the FRONT (or front few) rows.
Hey, I'm paying for this class too, so I make sure to get here on time to get good seats >| It's first come first serve, moron.
Just say that you have a hearing problem and you need to sit at the front. Even I wouldn't be like "fak off."

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-25-2010 at 02:07 PM   #243
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Here's one. People who come to class early and reserve seats for their friends, in the FRONT (or front few) rows.
Hey, I'm paying for this class too, so I make sure to get here on time to get good seats >| It's first come first serve, moron.
I don't see what's wrong with people saving 1-2 seats, as long as the seats ACTUALLY get taken...
The people coming from a class on the other side of campus are also paying for the class, so why should they get screwed just because they happen to have a class beforehand?
It's different when you're saving an entire row, or seats that don't actually get taken...but if someone is rushing from across campus and their friend who doesn't have a class beforehand saves them a seat, what's so bad about that?
Old 09-25-2010 at 03:01 PM   #244
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

i still can't see the posts i made yesterday :s
Old 09-25-2010 at 03:13 PM   #245
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Just sit in it anyway. worst case scenario, they move. The conversation would go something like this:

You: Is this seat taken?
Dipshit: It's like, totally reserved for like, my friend.
You: *sits down anyway*
Dipshit: Hey! I like, totally said that seat was like, reserved.
You: Yeah it was. Thanks for holding it for me.
You (A minute later, to yourself, but loud enough so they can hear): This is the most comfortable seat I've ever had in a class!
Dipshit: *rolls eyes, smacks lips, and moves away*

You win!

Old 09-25-2010 at 03:28 PM   #246
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

^^ or, just don't ask if the seat's taken unless there's something on it already
Old 09-25-2010 at 08:17 PM   #247
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

@nerual: I have classes across from campus too, so yeah I understand that point, but mainly it's more of an issue when the class is at 8:30 in the morning and all the seats are pretty much filled, yet there's some person sitting in the front row saving 2 seats beside them and prohibiting people from sitting.

and in classes like chem where the class size is huge and front row seats are in high demand, it just doesn't seem fair.
Old 09-26-2010 at 11:48 AM   #248
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
I don't see what's wrong with people saving 1-2 seats, as long as the seats ACTUALLY get taken...
The people coming from a class on the other side of campus are also paying for the class, so why should they get screwed just because they happen to have a class beforehand?
It's different when you're saving an entire row, or seats that don't actually get taken...but if someone is rushing from across campus and their friend who doesn't have a class beforehand saves them a seat, what's so bad about that?
Yah I agree. My friend used to save a seat for me becasue I had to get from the hospital to the basement of TSH and I was almost always a couple minutes late or came in at the last minute. But we sat in the front in those 4 chairs to the right side where no one ever sits anyway, so it wasn't that big a deal. As the semester goes on people usually sit in relatively the same area anyways. Usually.
Old 09-26-2010 at 12:25 PM   #249
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Yah I agree. My friend used to save a seat for me becasue I had to get from the hospital to the basement of TSH and I was almost always a couple minutes late or came in at the last minute. But we sat in the front in those 4 chairs to the right side where no one ever sits anyway, so it wasn't that big a deal. As the semester goes on people usually sit in relatively the same area anyways. Usually.

Really? I've never found that in my lectures.
Old 09-26-2010 at 01:20 PM   #250
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
hmm Maybe its just when groups of people sit together, so they can always find each other. I've found that I've had the same people around me for the most part.
Old 09-26-2010 at 01:41 PM   #251
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Whats the purpose of sitting with friends in lecture? I try to avoid it because its just distracting and im here to learn, not to socialize during class time.

AlexBatt, SilentWalker like this.
Old 09-26-2010 at 01:50 PM   #252
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
Whats the purpose of sitting with friends in lecture? I try to avoid it because its just distracting and im here to learn, not to socialize during class time.

Agreed. When people text me to meet up at the doors of class so we can sit together, I'm like "uuuuh, noo thanks"
Old 09-26-2010 at 01:58 PM   #253
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times

when you accidentally dropped your easer in lecture hall, and it bounces away where'd you wouldnt want to

SilentWalker likes this.
Old 09-26-2010 at 02:07 PM   #254
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
It can help make an otherwise boring class interesting, especially if the prof is bad. Or they can help keep you awake if you're liable to doze off. It can also be beneficial if you don't quite understand something that was said or didn't hear it properly.

Then again, I just make smarmy remarks or point out typos or silly pronunciations and have a small chuckle with the friends I'm with.

Last edited by jhan523 : 09-26-2010 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Racism
Old 09-26-2010 at 04:44 PM   #255
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
Give it time...I think I've only had 1 class where that hasn't happened--even in the really small classes (approx 20 people) where everyone knows each other, people tend to sit in the same spots. People are creatures of habit.

I very much prefer sitting with friends in lectures, even if we don't talk much/at all. We can talk before class, and easily find each other after class, and as someone said, you can have a lot of fun making snarky comments I actually find that I'm less distracted when I sit with my friends, because there's less random people around me doing things that distract me.

I still don't see what's wrong with saving seats, even for at 8:30 lecture...if you want the seat that badly, then get there before the person saving them! Unless they're saving the whole fricken row, 1-2 seats shouldn't make that much of a difference, and if it does, then sit in the second row--you're what, 12 inches further than you would be in the front row? In the grand scheme of things (ie, the large size of most lecture halls) a couple of rows doesn't make much difference.

lizziepizzie likes this.