MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Things that are annoying

Old 09-21-2010 at 11:01 PM   #196
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
That sucks.

I just offer my seat up out of respect. I haven't yet had someone yell at me.
Which implies that a)its disrespectful to not give up your seat and b)that somehow every single older person and all mothers are automatically entitled to the respect of strangers.

I should say automatically entitled to MORE respect than other people.
Old 09-21-2010 at 11:45 PM   #197
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Oh I don't have a problem with giving up my seat on occasion for an older person/handicapped person who clearly needs it more than me.

I just have an issue with the entitlement and the idea that some passengers' needs are more important by default.

Maybe one day I need to sit down for whatever reason no one is going to give up their seat for me because apparently my needs are not important. I'm not old and I don't have a stroller or kids so screw me.
its a company policy... they have the right to ask u to vacate a seat if someone who looks more "needy" doesnt have one
Old 09-22-2010 at 12:29 AM   #198
reked

Liked: 0 Times

If you think that the 4th floor of Mills is Narnia, you should go to the 6th floor...
Old 09-22-2010 at 12:46 AM   #199
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
@Sew12: big difference between cute and good looking, hehe. Krepski is actually HOT. XDD

@Alex: If you think I'm arguing for the sake of arguing, then you clearly don't bus around often enough to see the ****ed up shit that I do.

PS: You do know that stroller wheels LOCK, right? Yea, that ****ing thing is going to fly around everywhere.

Take a ride down Barton and tell me how many coked out moms you see caring about their child, then come back. You're the one arguing for the sake of arguing.

Trust me, the stroller is NOT the problem. That shit ain't moving.
Krepski is hot but Matthew McConaughey is ugly? See, this was my point of the previous thread, you've fooled yourself into thinking the uglier dude in the situation is hot, and the better looking guy isn't, because you know in real life you might have a chance with a dude that looked like Krepski, but you know you have no chance with a dude that looks like McConaughey.
Old 09-22-2010 at 06:31 AM   #200
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Krepski is hot but Matthew McConaughey is ugly? See, this was my point of the previous thread, you've fooled yourself into thinking the uglier dude in the situation is hot, and the better looking guy isn't, because you know in real life you might have a chance with a dude that looked like Krepski, but you know you have no chance with a dude that looks like McConaughey.
No, M.M is ugly as hell. Krepski has nicer hair, less buggy eyes, a better voice, etc. The only thing he has going for him is his body.

Beefiness gets old after a while... a good head of hair and a good voice doesn't.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Needlenose likes this.
Old 09-22-2010 at 07:50 AM   #201
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

When yo're leaving your lecture, and all the people from the next class come in blocking your way so you can't get out. Hey people! I have another class to get too, too!

anon491 likes this.
Old 09-22-2010 at 09:32 AM   #202
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

MM is ugly. I wouldn't say ugly as hell as I can see his appeal to other people but he's not appealing in the slightest to me.
Old 09-22-2010 at 09:44 AM   #203
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
MM is ugly. I wouldn't say ugly as hell as I can see his appeal to other people but he's not appealing in the slightest to me.
Exactly.
Souldier is right in saying that there's traits that are genetically attractive (strong/well defined jaw, etc) but it's still subjective.

His #1 flaw is assuming that because he thinks MM is hotter than Krepski than there's something wrong with me (as in I lower my standards because I can't get any better), but there are plenty of instances in my life where I think someone is drop dead gorgeous and WAY out of my league.

I'm glad that's what you look for in a man, Souldier... but minus the muscles, nothing else about him appeals to me.

Trust me, it's not because he's out of my league. My boss, Joaquin Phoenix, and Russell Crowe are the top 3 hottest people I've ever seen. I don't have a chance with any of them.

Old 09-22-2010 at 10:06 AM   #204
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reked View Post
If you think that the 4th floor of Mills is Narnia, you should go to the 6th floor...

For some reason the fourth floor seems to the be quietest and eeriest. No idea why.
Old 09-22-2010 at 10:15 AM   #205
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
For some reason the fourth floor seems to the be quietest and eeriest. No idea why.
Did anyone go to the stacks in the summer? It was so creepy.
Old 09-22-2010 at 10:18 AM   #206
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Fun fact: quiet study area on 4th floor Mills is not so quiet. Especially during exams.

Old 09-22-2010 at 10:22 AM   #207
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
Be a man and stand up for yourself.

You should never in your life be embarrassed by a fat person, they're the most disgusting people on earth.
If I would 'stand up for myself' and come up with some kind of witty rejoinder, I'd probably feel even more embarrassed (personal gratification aside :p).

Aelya: You've probably never been yelled at because you're a girl. (Feminism aside, it's probably true).

That "feminist" wouldn't feel insulted accepting a seat from a girl. The elderly woman probably wouldn't have either, and the pregnant woman definitely wouldn't have reacted so badly.

It's like your gender is some kind of bullcrap barrier. lol
Old 09-22-2010 at 10:23 AM   #208
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

you must not have seen people doing League of Legends/Starcraft II/solitare or w/e in class
Old 09-22-2010 at 04:01 PM   #209
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

Things that annoy me, specifically:

1) When people obviously see me reading/studying and proceed to stand beside me yapping on the phone.

2) When people in the "QUIET AREA" of Mills/Thode/MUSC 2nd floor look at the sign, and then just ignore it. I NEED TO DO WORK, unlike you.

3) When I have headphones on, so I obviously won't hear you (and the only reason I DO have them is is because people won't stfu - I bought a noise-cancelling pair just for that) and random people talk to me when I'm facing my laptop screen - that's fine, poke me or something, and I'll see you. BUT they don't, for like 5 minutes, so I don't see them and then they get upset at me. Ummm headphones... did you never have a pair of these?

4) When people leave random crap on the tables in the student centre.... 5 feet away from the garbage can. Worse yet, a napkin is lying right there and there's spilled whatever-the-hell-that-liquid-is on the tables. Seriously, we're all responsible mature adults here, how would you like it if you had to clean up my mess?

5) Whoever engineered TSH 128 must have been high. I swear, even stick people couldn't pass through those seats when people are sitting there with the tables open. Getting out is like climbing Everest. I really don't wanna deal with that at 9:30 pm.

6) People who hit you with their bags and don't say sorry. Or people who don't stand (and don't have tons of stuff to pick up/move) even though they fully know the aisles are hard to get out of, and when you hit them and say sorry they give you dirty looks

mtam says thanks to resh.jyoti for this post.

anon491 likes this.
Old 09-22-2010 at 04:07 PM   #210
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by resh.jyoti View Post
the "QUIET AREA" of Mills
i lol'd