MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Things that are annoying

Old 09-15-2010 at 03:39 PM   #46
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Hopefully you guys will get this one:

When people raise their hand in lecture and basically summarize the last five minutes (usually in an annoying, know-to-all voice) without asking a question or for clarification or anything like that. Basically just showing off to the prof

That ticks me off...I abhor show offs, suck-ups and coddled kids...

On a related note (its usually the same people), people asking stupid questions. Like when the test is five minutes after the prof said. Yes, because all 400 of us like to stop in the middle of lecture just so everyone can serve you needs.
I had a person once that would ask a question totally unrelated to the topic in lecture. It would have to do wth their personal assignment. If its has nothing to do with anyone but YOU, take it up on your OWN time and go visit the prof during office hours!
Old 09-15-2010 at 03:43 PM   #47
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I had a person once that would ask a question totally unrelated to the topic in lecture. It would have to do wth their personal assignment. If its has nothing to do with anyone but YOU, take it up on your OWN time and go visit the prof during office hours!
Lol. I would've thrown paper balls at that person for the rest of the lecture. But thats just me.
Old 09-15-2010 at 03:44 PM   #48
Zimonada

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Its funny how no one has mentioned anything about profs. Profs do some dam annoying stuff. Or stuff that just bothers people.
One prof had a habit today of going on and on more or less till he was out of breath and switched the slide halfway through.

And I guess it benefits some people, but when the class is mostly silent and someone's asking a question, there is no need for the prof to say "AND THE QUESTION IS _____" before answering it. People should learn to pay attention. :(
Old 09-15-2010 at 03:57 PM   #49
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimonada View Post
One prof had a habit today of going on and on more or less till he was out of breath and switched the slide halfway through.

And I guess it benefits some people, but when the class is mostly silent and someone's asking a question, there is no need for the prof to say "AND THE QUESTION IS _____" before answering it. People should learn to pay attention. :(

Actually, I like when the teacher repeats the question... I think in 3 years I've actually heard a maximum of 5 questions myself. People need to learn to speak louder.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

doug, nerual like this.
Old 09-15-2010 at 03:59 PM   #50
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Oh.

I also hate when people sit directly next to me when there's like 10 open spots readily available.

Makes me uncomfortable :(

britb likes this.
Old 09-15-2010 at 03:59 PM   #51
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Actually, I like when the teacher repeats the question... I think in 3 years I've actually heard a maximum of 5 questions myself. People need to learn to speak louder.
Totally agree.
Old 09-15-2010 at 04:02 PM   #52
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordko View Post
Apple products are great for the most part, I find that people who don't have them, hate them! (it's probably because they're just jealous)
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4624/mac01.jpg

for the record I use an iPod.

As for viruses, it's not hard avoiding most of them.
i.e.
if someone you haven't talked to since 1997 suddenly sends you an msn message going "OMG IS THIS YOU!? [insert link]", chances are it's not really them sending it...
Ditto if your 8 year old cousin suddenly starts sending you emails about pills that can enlarge your *****.

Last edited by JEFF_CHAN : 09-15-2010 at 04:06 PM.

BlakeM says thanks to JEFF_CHAN for this post.

Old 09-15-2010 at 04:24 PM   #53
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I feel like people are walking much slower this year, and it seems like there are more students than usual. I have never, EVER seen a line at Titles, in my 5 years at Mac. Up until today, the line was huge!

I agree about people asking pointless questions in lecture. In one of my classes yesterday, the prof said at the beginning of class, "Let's take a few minutes to clear up any questions about our last lecture". It literally took the entire class. There was ONE question about the previous lecture - everything else was pointless, ie. "Professor, what is your take on the 9/11 attacks? Do you think the government had a part in it? Because personally, I believe that .. [insert random conspiracy theory here for 5 minutes]"

It's fine if people want to talk in tutorial, or ask the prof questions that are related to the course, but don't waste MY paid lecture time because YOU want to tell the class your opinion about what's going on in Venezuela.

Peopel going on Facebook in class generally doesn't bother me, as long as they aren't playign a movie with sound or anything. I have had a problem at the 5 minute quick access computers in Mills though. All 4 were being used, and there was a line of about 3 peopel waiting to use them. When one girl's 5 minutes were up, she just reopened the browser and started again. That was compeltely ignorant, I was so pissed. If no one was waiting, it would have been fine. But there was a line. So ignorant..

Last edited by Kathy2 : 09-15-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-15-2010 at 04:34 PM   #54
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4624/mac01.jpg

for the record I use an iPod.

As for viruses, it's not hard avoiding most of them.
i.e.
if someone you haven't talked to since 1997 suddenly sends you an msn message going "OMG IS THIS YOU!? [insert link]", chances are it's not really them sending it...
Ditto if your 8 year old cousin suddenly starts sending you emails about pills that can enlarge your *****.
rofl totally agree with you on that!i also own an ipod touch and not to be mean but i do no stupid ppl who tend to click those links...now if your now of those ppl then mac is the only option for you cause if you cant avoid that sort of lame virus' you should stay off of computers in general... its feels like now adays appple is more of a "brandname" sort of object that everyone just wants cause they think "oooh its apple if i get it, i might be cool"
.....yea news flash your not cool jus cause you own an apple.
Old 09-15-2010 at 04:36 PM   #55
doug

Liked: 82 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
What's up with the Apple hate?

I agree there's a lot of people out there who are snooty and use Apple computers, but I use an Apple and I don't flash it around.

AelyaS likes this.
Old 09-15-2010
Toast
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-15-2010
Toast
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-15-2010 at 05:11 PM   #56
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
We're all important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
Ya about the apple laptops , its the best laptop made , thats why people use it In uni
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Aids isn't air-borne. :@
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordko View Post
Apple products are great for the most part, I find that people who don't have them, hate them! (it's probably because they're just jealous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
most people at mac are smart. jesus.

I disagree.

Things I find annoying

Old 09-15-2010 at 05:30 PM   #57
collinbf

Liked: 49 Times

I think the apple thing is most likely between friends taunting friends, which would happen regardless of the subject. I have never seen a random fanboy talk down to someone about their windows computers.

That being said, I'm finnaly getting a macbook pro, so suck it windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I feel like people are walking much slower this year, and it seems like there are more students than usual. I have never, EVER seen a line at Titles, in my 5 years at Mac. Up until today, the line was huge!
Thats not because of the number of students it's because they no longer put the first year course material in T-19, its all in titles hence the line ups.

Kathy2 says thanks to collinbf for this post.

cellphone likes this.
Old 09-15-2010 at 05:46 PM   #58
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

The only thing that annoys me now is stupid-ass third years who still don't know yet that they should put their phones on silent mode and change their wristwatch alarm time.

britb, RTinkess31 like this.