MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Things that are annoying

Old 09-15-2010 at 06:03 PM   #61
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Who wants to be my friend? I am not annoying =)

Rakim likes this.
Old 09-15-2010 at 06:04 PM   #62
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene View Post
Who wants to be my friend? I am not annoying =)
sure why not o.o
Old 09-15-2010 at 06:18 PM   #63
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

When you pull a string hanging from your shirt and it doesn't break, but only becomes longer. This is annoying as hell.

Old 09-15-2010 at 06:58 PM   #64
pinkpiggydoe

Liked: 14 Times

i dont like it when ppl walk and smoke
not hating on smokers though.. i have friends that smoke.. but i wish some ppl would be a little more considerate and smoke is designated areas..
=( =(
Old 09-15-2010 at 06:59 PM   #65
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

When people save seats.
When people say they're "saving" a seat, only to use it to put their bag on.
When you can't find these people after the lecture is over to beat them up.

Old 09-15-2010 at 07:29 PM   #66
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I feel like people are walking much slower this year, and it seems like there are more students than usual. I have never, EVER seen a line at Titles, in my 5 years at Mac. Up until today, the line was huge!

I agree about people asking pointless questions in lecture. In one of my classes yesterday, the prof said at the beginning of class, "Let's take a few minutes to clear up any questions about our last lecture". It literally took the entire class. There was ONE question about the previous lecture - everything else was pointless, ie. "Professor, what is your take on the 9/11 attacks? Do you think the government had a part in it? Because personally, I believe that .. [insert random conspiracy theory here for 5 minutes]"

It's fine if people want to talk in tutorial, or ask the prof questions that are related to the course, but don't waste MY paid lecture time because YOU want to tell the class your opinion about what's going on in Venezuela.

Peopel going on Facebook in class generally doesn't bother me, as long as they aren't playign a movie with sound or anything. I have had a problem at the 5 minute quick access computers in Mills though. All 4 were being used, and there was a line of about 3 peopel waiting to use them. When one girl's 5 minutes were up, she just reopened the browser and started again. That was compeltely ignorant, I was so pissed. If no one was waiting, it would have been fine. But there was a line. So ignorant..

Actually, I noticed that too. There can't that many first years last year (I was one, lol), wth did they all come from? Everything feels way more crowded too - the first day I couldn't find a seat in Thode!

I just check the Bio and Chem classes, they have the same number of sections in the same room, so I don't know what it going on.

Last edited by britb : 09-15-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-15-2010 at 07:47 PM   #67
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Apple products aren't all equal -
If someone were to have an iPod, I have nothing against that because they're good music players. Even the iPhone is a good phone to have.

But a Mac? You spend $2000 on a Macbook and it wouldn't be able to run a game that's come out in the last 6 months on higher than medium.

I could run that same game on max on a computer I build, likely for less than $1000. On a laptop, maybe $1300. So what the hell am I paying $700 for?

People need to understand computers are just a bunch of parts, and their price should only be worth the parts supplied to them. Having crappy parts in a nice package is a waste of money, regardless of whether or not you need or will use the parts to their full potential.

And rofl @ people buying a Mac because it doesn't get "viruses". Did we just go back to 2003 when viruses and spyware were a big deal? The last virus I got was about 8 months ago, and I deleted it before it could do anything problematic. You don't even need a freakin' virus scanner to know they're there! And before that the last virus I got was probably in 2007. If you REALLY want to pay $700 for 'virus protection' or anything software related, then be my guest, but don't try to play it up in a way to make it seem cool or useful, because it's not.

You don't like Windows? Get goddamn Linux - there are distributions that are free and open-source. There's just no excuse for buying a Mac.

collymolotov says thanks to Alchemist11 for this post.

Old 09-15-2010 at 07:52 PM   #68
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Get goddamn Linux - there are distributions that are free and open-source.
I agree. I'm a little annoyed though at how much the maintainers of Ubuntu are trying to copy the OS X interface. Then again, I do suppose their aim is to be the most nub friendly linux distribution...
Old 09-15-2010 at 07:53 PM   #69
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

You know what else is rather annoying, sick people coughing around you.
That...and telemarketers.
Old 09-15-2010 at 07:56 PM   #70
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
You know what else is rather annoying, sick people coughing around you.
My calculus class is a raging cesspool of sinus congestion and whooping cough... but I'm not complaining because I'm one of them!
Old 09-15-2010 at 07:58 PM   #71
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybeanz View Post
My calculus class is a raging cesspool of sinus congestion and whooping cough... but I'm not complaining because I'm one of them!
Dam you! Keep your deadly viruses to yourself please.
Old 09-15-2010 at 08:04 PM   #72
MiniDragon

Liked: 60 Times

I agree with the stupid questions in lectures. Math has been unbearable because of them.

Also: when people shake. Whether to be an arm or a pencil or worst of all a leg, its annoying. Like they are having a seizure.
Old 09-15-2010 at 08:10 PM   #73
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

People who look me in the eye...

Great Fatsby likes this.
Old 09-15-2010 at 08:10 PM   #74
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Some really specific things on here, lol.

Here's on:
When Labs only have the 2:30 to 5:20 slot.

I HATE that slot...makes me come home so late.

Why were talking about traveling...
Rude people on the bus.
Old 09-15-2010 at 08:45 PM   #75
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

When those asian kids do that little spinny thing with their pens all class.

Jason036 likes this.