MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Things that are annoying

Old 09-15-2010 at 08:50 PM   #76
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

1) Being seen as an ass-kisser when asking a question about the course after class - apparently, free-thinking and genuine curiosity are bad and very uncool things. Hm.

2) Fanta, also known as 'Nazi Juice' - the worst thing to come into existence since Andy Dick.

3) Andy Dick.

4) The fact that 1280's sign actually says "TwelvEighty", and that it is written in a standard font, AND that it's intermediate "E" is on a maddening angle. Design fail.

5) People who complain about how boring their class is while they're both listening to their iPod AND on the Internet/playing Tetris - WHY in the NAME of Jesus H. Christ and the Latter-Day Saints do you even come to class if you're not going to listen to the lecture and be a student? Staying at home would be a much more productive use of your time.

6) Students who argue that "hurr, that faculty'z dum" and/or "durr, my faculty is the only 1 that matturs" and/or "murr, humanatees students r more critical than othurs". Please stop. You're making us other students look bad.

7) The fact that George Carlin is dead. FML.

Old 09-15-2010 at 08:56 PM   #77
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

my annoyances...

when people start packing up their things like 5 minutes before the lecture is suposed to end. Once one person starts packing up, so does everyone else... and allthe rustling of bags makes it impossible to hear what the prof is saying... UGH

when people entering the row behind you smack you in the back of the head with their backpack/arm. and it's like they don't even notice/care/apologize when it happens. like, really?

you don't have to come and confess, we're looking for you. we gonna find you.

anon491, noni_e like this.
Old 09-15-2010 at 09:49 PM   #78
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

You know what, I don't give a **** about what kind of computer you all have. If it has Microsoft Word, Excel, an internet browser, an ethernet port, and maybe some solitaire and a graphics card capable of running Zelda on an emulator, it doesn't matter what kind of computer you get so save your money and just buy something you are familiar with and is reliable. Macs are overpriced, period. If anyone thinks they can justify spending $2000 on a laptop they will never use to do anything other than pretend they're invulnerable to viruses, pretend that they have some kind of super-program that is either not available on a PC (or a PC can't be upgraded to equal the graphics capability of a Mac and still cost less), pretend they are a hipster, and constantly have to come up with reasons to justify why they are now broke as a hipster and thus can only afford raggedy used clothes from Value Village and then declare themselves a hipster because they can't afford to dress themselves properly... they are a dumbass. PC's aren't better, but they're not so much worse that anyone can properly justify buying a mac.

No, that's probably not totally factually correct, but people with Macs who don't have a good reason for owning one really piss me off. Sorry.

Here's a beer to all the PC owners.

Old 09-15-2010 at 09:53 PM   #79
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Oh yeah on topic, my annoyance is not able to find a hot guy.

Great Fatsby, lawleypop like this.
Old 09-15-2010 at 10:02 PM   #80
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

On the topic of stupid questions asked in class, this is what happened in World Religions today.

Student: What religious category or group would athiests and agnostics be in?
Prof: Um, none.
Student: But aren't they related to any sort of religion?
Prof:.......They're atheists and agnostics. -desperately wants to facepalm-

I also agree with the whole packing up 5 minutes before class is over. The worst part is when you can't help but end up packing yourself because people are practically stepping on your face 2 minutes before class ends, desperate to get out like the hall was on fire or something.

And yes, RIP George Carlin.
Old 09-15-2010 at 10:02 PM   #81
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
You know what, I don't give a **** about what kind of computer you all have. If it has Microsoft Word, Excel, an internet browser, an ethernet port, and maybe some solitaire and a graphics card capable of running Zelda on an emulator, it doesn't matter what kind of computer you get so save your money and just buy something you are familiar with and is reliable. Macs are overpriced, period. If anyone thinks they can justify spending $2000 on a laptop they will never use to do anything other than pretend they're invulnerable to viruses, pretend that they have some kind of super-program that is either not available on a PC (or a PC can't be upgraded to equal the graphics capability of a Mac and still cost less), pretend they are a hipster, and constantly have to come up with reasons to justify why they are now broke as a hipster and thus can only afford raggedy used clothes from Value Village and then declare themselves a hipster because they can't afford to dress themselves properly... they are a dumbass. PC's aren't better, but they're not so much worse that anyone can properly justify buying a mac.

No, that's probably not totally factually correct, but people with Macs who don't have a good reason for owning one really piss me off. Sorry.

Here's a beer to all the PC owners.

I couldn't agree more - Ocarina of Time is all that matters in the computer world.

Old 09-15-2010 at 10:04 PM   #82
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

^ Damn right. I beat that during Finance class, beat Super Metroid during Labour Studies, beat Majora's Mask during Human Resources... hell yeaaaa

doug, Shmowen like this.
Old 09-15-2010 at 10:55 PM   #83
MiniDragon

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
You know what, I don't give a **** about what kind of computer you all have.

Hmmm....

TheCrucible likes this.
Old 09-15-2010 at 11:09 PM   #84
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 258 Times

Jesus, do all you people have OCD? Relax, a lot of things you're complaining about you just have to accept and are not worth complaining about.
Old 09-15-2010 at 11:10 PM   #85
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Jesus, do all you people have OCD? Relax, a lot of things you're complaining about you just have to accept and are not worth complaining about.
This is a forum brah. You're supposed to come here to rage about things nobody cares about IRL.

Old 09-15-2010 at 11:14 PM   #86
doug

Liked: 82 Times

I don't understand why people who don't use Macs have to vent their anger at people who do use them. Obviously you think that these people bought an overpriced computer when they could have bought another or made one themselves that would perform just as well (or more often better) as said Apple computer.

Isn't the thought that you saved money or know how to use a more complex computer good enough?

Just stop with the complaining because honestly, people who use Macs won't take your opinion seriously just as people who don't use Macs won't take their opinions seriously.

I'm done.
Old 09-15-2010 at 11:16 PM   #87
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Yes, yes we do.
Accept it.
Old 09-15-2010 at 11:20 PM   #88
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblomfield View Post
I don't understand why people who don't use Macs have to vent their anger at people who do use them. Obviously you think that these people bought an overpriced computer when they could have bought another or made one themselves that would perform just as well (or more often better) as said Apple computer.

Isn't the thought that you saved money or know how to use a more complex computer good enough?

Just stop with the complaining because honestly, people who use Macs won't take your opinion seriously just as people who don't use Macs won't take their opinions seriously.

I'm done.

All I complained about were snooty Apple users :(
Snooty being the key word.
Old 09-15-2010 at 11:20 PM   #89
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

You know whats annoying....
Old 09-15-2010 at 11:20 PM   #90
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times