MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Things that are annoying

Old 09-16-2010 at 11:58 AM   #106
AlexBatt

Liked: 62 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
You think sitting in a class room while not sending a text message for 5 seconds will not only teach you what "the real world is like," but also give you an advantage over those students who send a 5 second text message?

You're not even ****ing writing properly. Go ahead and write like you are now in "the real world."

You didn't even use the proper "they're/there/their" in your first post. I'll give you a hint: if you can write out the sentence with "they are," then the proper word to use is "they're."
you cant deny that people who constantly go to class and pop out their phones numerously whether it be "5 seconds" or 1, don't see the big picture - which is that there is a time when you should and a time when you shouldnt
Old 09-16-2010 at 11:58 AM   #107
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
people playing games/listening to ipods/texting make me soo happy on the inside, theres more of a chance that their going to fail and waste all of mom and dads money (cuz lets face it you would be playing games if you paid for it) and feel horribly stressed out after. Does that make me a bad person?
you have awful grammar.

good luck with uni
Old 09-16-2010 at 11:59 AM   #108
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
You think sitting in a class room while not sending a text message for 5 seconds will not only teach you what "the real world is like," but also give you an advantage over those students who send a 5 second text message?

You're not even ****ing writing properly. Go ahead and write like you are now in "the real world."

You didn't even use the proper "they're/there/their" in your first post. I'll give you a hint: if you can write out the sentence with "they are," then the proper word to use is "they're."
you and i both know im not talking about 5 second texts, and why are you on my dick for mispelling a word cmon stop being a biatch and pose some valid arguments
Old 09-16-2010 at 12:00 PM   #109
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
you and i both know im not talking about 5 second texts, and why are you on my dick for mispelling a word cmon stop being a biatch and pose some valid arguments
Actually, I'm pretty sure I destroyed whatever point you thought you mustered. I'll give you one more chance though.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-16-2010 at 12:01 PM   #110
AlexBatt

Liked: 62 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
you have awful grammar.

good luck with uni
posting on a forum is no indication of how well you do in uni...

bloodywarz likes this.
Old 09-16-2010 at 12:06 PM   #111
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I had these two guys talking during an entire lecture this morning. I kept shooting them dirty looks. I know I should have said something but that's just not who I am. It was VERY annoying. Besides, not to generalize, but I thought girls were supposed to be the ones who talk in class? Not guys. UGH. Thanks for ruining a lecture for me, guys.
Old 09-16-2010 at 12:31 PM   #112
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

sooo hows everyone doing o.o i think sumone is gonna post up " there is a kid on macinsider who is in class reading things that are annoying without realsing how many ppl hes annoying" lol yea sorry about that
Old 09-16-2010 at 01:18 PM   #113
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Some of my pet peeves: Bad spelling and occasionally bad grammar, particularly messing up they're/their/there. I don't mind typos (such as adn instead of and), but failing at English is really annoying, whether it's deliberate or through ignorance.
Example: ooooomg whyyy r yu thhheir? du youu wnt me to cum?
Honestly, wtf? Okay, you're writing something online, not something academic, but either way you still want people to be able to READ what you're writing, don't you?!
Every time I see it on here, a little piece of me dies.

Profs not ending class on time. Sure, 10mins is *usually* more than enough time to get anywhere on campus, but if you have to make your way through a huge mob to get in/out of class (BSB 147 or JHE 376 are particularly bad), that can eat up 3-4 mins, and if the prof runs 2-3 mins ahead of time, suddenly you have between 3-5 mins to get to your next class. That is NOT enough time for me to get from the basement of TSH to ABB for my lab, particularly when I've already had two hours of class, will be in the lab for four MORE hours, and would like to use the bathroom. If all the prof has done is talk the whole time, and it's not students asking you a ton of questions that's making him/her fall behind, then they should plan their lectures better. Not everyone has a break after class and can afford to dawdle.

On a related note, people who CAN afford to dawdle preventing those who need to be somewhere from leaving. For example, sitting in an aisle seat and then taking a solid 5mins after class is over to leave, particularly if that aisle is the only way out and there is no room to go around you...at least move your effing body for 10secs to let everyone else out! This also applies to groups of people walking very slow in the hallways, and taking up the entire space so no one can pass them.

Last pet peeve that I can think of for the moment: people not taking seats on the bus when it's standing room only. Seriously, just take the seat! The person beside you won't kill you, and since other people likely can't physically get to the seat, you're preventing a person from getting on the bus, and no one likes it when a bus drives by them because it's full, especially if there are 4-5 seats that haven't been taken that people are just standing in front of! On a related note, people who are standing see that the bus is getting packed, and will not move all the way to the back. Gah! It's especially bad if the bus driver has to ask multiple times.

anon491 likes this.
Old 09-16-2010
bloodywarz
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-16-2010 at 01:38 PM   #114
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Old 09-16-2010 at 01:42 PM   #115
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

ok when i just found something new that annoys me...

people deliberately stomping thru these puddles and getting everyone else around them WET

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 09-16-2010 at 01:43 PM   #116
doug

Liked: 82 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
sooo hows everyone doing o.o i think sumone is gonna post up " there is a kid on macinsider who is in class reading things that are annoying without realsing how many ppl hes annoying" lol yea sorry about that
I'm doing that right now!
Rakim
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-16-2010 at 02:07 PM   #117
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
you're in sociology.

talk to me when you have more than 8 hours of class a week.
oh i have 8 hours of classz today o.o
Old 09-16-2010 at 02:21 PM   #118
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
oh i have 8 hours of classz today o.o
Oh that sucks. I only had two hours. Well three, if you count the time I had to wait inbetween.