MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Things that are annoying

Old 09-15-2010 at 11:34 PM   #91
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblomfield View Post
Isn't the thought that you saved money or know how to use a more complex computer good enough?
*facepalm*

I'm not sure where to start with this...

I like to save money for something that is a little more practical... i.e, my tuition, or textbooks especially. The price difference between a good PC and a mac is over a year's supply in textbooks, or a major down payment for a car.

Mac is hardly a more complex computer. They strive for simplicity with their interface. It's just bizarre to use when you are normally a PC user and I'm a bit of a techno-geek myself so I know how to use a Mac almost as well as I know how to use a PC.
Old 09-16-2010 at 12:05 AM   #92
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

WTF IS A HIPSTER, omfg.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-16-2010 at 12:24 AM   #93
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Jesse Turner. That walking sack of vomit with his newspaper and his absolutely desperate need to stand for the last 5 minutes of class while the prof is still talking.

He annoys me.

collymolotov likes this.
Old 09-16-2010 at 12:24 AM   #94
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I should be sleeping so I can wake up in 5 hours so I only got to Page 2 of this thread:
I like sitting in the aisle seats so that if I fall asleep , I don't use you as a cushion (which has happened before unfortunately). I also like it because my elbows cramp up and I write at a strange angle and I prefer left handed desks way more than right handed ones because of this.
If I'm screwing any lefties over though, let me know and I will happily move for you.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 09-16-2010 at 06:41 AM   #95
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
...people on the bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmowen View Post
... that George Carlin is dead. FML.
Awesome people need to stop dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcie View Post
you don't have to come and confess, we're looking for you. we gonna find you.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Oh yeah, and I think this thread needs more apple hatred.
Old 09-16-2010 at 08:07 AM   #96
mikefung

Liked: 11 Times

Its not Macs are annoying, its people who show off their Mac & iPod & iPhone & iBlah and think they are the coolest men on planet Earth, that's annoying.

AelyaS likes this.
Old 09-16-2010 at 08:13 AM   #97
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDragon View Post
I agree with the stupid questions in lectures. Math has been unbearable because of them.

Also: when people shake. Whether to be an arm or a pencil or worst of all a leg, its annoying. Like they are having a seizure.
yu think thatz bad i had sum idiot in my pervious lecture a few days ago who thought that it would be a better idea to play the imaginary drum set on the table then frigen pay attention in class and was sitting rite beside me. i honestly wanted to go hulk on his ass -__-
Old 09-16-2010 at 09:01 AM   #98
kangs6

Liked: 20 Times

a minute or two before the end of a lecture...ppl busy packing up (which makes noise) or leaving, when the prof is still passionately taking about the subject/important material that might show up in future evaluations....but I cant hear him/her! It's disrespectful =( =(

Old 09-16-2010 at 09:31 AM   #99
doug

Liked: 82 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
Mac is hardly a more complex computer. They strive for simplicity with their interface. It's just bizarre to use when you are normally a PC user and I'm a bit of a techno-geek myself so I know how to use a Mac almost as well as I know how to use a PC.
I was referring to the PC running Windows as the more complex interface, sorry for any confusion.
Old 09-16-2010 at 09:41 AM   #100
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

Not so much annoying, but amusing... When a person sitting in a lecture who has traditional Indian music set as their ringtone lets their phone ring for a good 2 minutes before answering it because they "didn't know" that it was their phone ringing.

Honestly, how many people did they think had that exact same ringtone?! XD

Rakim, myroodle, resh.jyoti like this.
Old 09-16-2010 at 09:45 AM   #101
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybeanz View Post
Not so much annoying, but amusing... When a person sitting in a lecture who has traditional Indian music set as their ringtone lets their phone ring for a good 2 minutes before answering it because they "didn't know" that it was their phone ringing.

Honestly, how many people did they think had that exact same ringtone?! XD
lmfaoooooooooooo
Old 09-16-2010 at 11:39 AM   #102
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

people playing games/listening to ipods/texting make me soo happy on the inside, theres more of a chance that their going to fail and waste all of mom and dads money (cuz lets face it you would be playing games if you paid for it) and feel horribly stressed out after. Does that make me a bad person?
Old 09-16-2010 at 11:40 AM   #103
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
people playing games/listening to ipods/texting make me soo happy on the inside, theres more of a chance that their going to fail and waste all of mom and dads money (cuz lets face it you would be playing games if you paid for it) and feel horribly stressed out after. Does that make me a bad person?
just jealous.

Alchemist11 likes this.
Old 09-16-2010 at 11:46 AM   #104
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
just jealous.
umm not really, i'll have a grasp of how the real world works outside of uni while they wont. Im not just saying i feel happy, i really do laugh at them on the inside
Old 09-16-2010 at 11:50 AM   #105
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
umm not really, i'll have a grasp of how the real world works outside of uni while they wont. Im not just saying i feel happy, i really do laugh at them on the inside
You think sitting in a class room while not sending a text message for 5 seconds will not only teach you what "the real world is like," but also give you an advantage over those students who send a 5 second text message?

You're not even ****ing writing properly. Go ahead and write like you are now in "the real world."

You didn't even use the proper "they're/there/their" in your first post. I'll give you a hint: if you can write out the sentence with "they are," then the proper word to use is "they're."

Last edited by lawleypop : 09-16-2010 at 11:53 AM.